Why do people say McGrady is so much better than Carter?

yea TMac can handle the ball better and is more "quick". Tmac can blow by a guy while Vince is more of a "slithery"(nh), slower ball handler. But i would say Vince is a much better finisher.

Overall i'd say TMac. Better shooter, better handler, more offensive weapons.
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​

Tmac>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vince. period.
Harlem plays the best ball in the country
TEAM XBOX360​
.gamertag=HarlemReignman​

neither is making the hall of fame.
///
TEAM LAKERS
teamdecepticon
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

Quote:
tmac can be magic if he wants to in terms of PG play.
:x
sick.gif
Last FM​

I think T-Mac > VC because of his overall game. T-Mac is more of a playmaker than VC.
And I'd like to add that I miss season threads.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

McGrady plays D, is better at distributing the ball (Carter is underrated though at finding the open man), and Carter is hit and miss when it matters. There is really only one time I can think of when Tracy did not play well in an important game and he is always money in the clutch.

Quote:
Tracy sits at a press conference in tears because his team has been eliminated.

i used to hate on tmac hard but i actually gained some respect for him after that. at least you can tell he cares about winning and has heart and emotion.

If you gave T-mac a play maker like J. Kidd then he would go off. Overall T-mac is a better player then Vince.
TEAM WARRIORS
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS​

How are people still saying Vince is soft after he has missed like 5 games the past 3 years due to injury?

& ESPECIALLY in a McGrady comparison with McGrady's back issues??

I think Vince is a better player...I think Vince is a HOF player. No hate towards McGrady at all obviously...

I don't see how everyoneers & Vince had Oakley, Alvin Williams, rookie Mo-Pete & Antonio Davis. Mcgrady has a better team & as the leader, did less, while Vince took them to the conference semi finals within 1 shot to the conference finals.

IMO I just think VC is a better player...& a HOF player since it was added in the discussion with the threadstarter...

Obviously both of them are great players....& no dislike from me towards Mac, but I just think VC gets the nod over him.

New Jersey Nets More Than A Game
#1 Marcus Williams #2 Josh Boone #5 Jason Kidd - C #7 Bostjan Nachbar
#11 Darrell Armstrong #30 Malik Allen #12 Nenad Krstic #15 Vince Carter #21 Antoine Wright
#24 Richard Jefferson #20 Jamaal Magloire #35 Jason Collins #51 Sean Williams

because Tmac>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jerome James>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VC
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD​
OUT​

Quote:
How are people still saying Vince is soft after he has missed like 5 games the past 3 years due to injury?

& ESPECIALLY in a McGrady comparison with McGrady's back issues??

I think Vince is a better player...I think Vince is a HOF player. No hate towards McGrady at all obviously...

I don't see how everyone thinks McGrady is better? Why scoring champ? Thing is, different situations with their teams, Mac has to game in game out....Vince doesn't for his team.

Vince was ROY
8 time All Star
Youngest player to reach 15,000 point tonight (needs atleast 6 to tie)
Can become the youngest to get 20,000...(don't mean to get ahead of myself, but could be worth mentioningwhen his career is over with) While there are players in the HOF without that accomplishment...
Slam Dunk Champ....greatest dunker of all time (plays some role in the case I feel since thats a great feat)
2000 USA Gold medalist.

Just for some...I know Mac has his list as well with sort of similar feats, but VC imo is better...

Plus, Vince got his team out of the 1st round & almost out of the 2nd round within 1 shot.
Vince did it with a less of a team as well, using the '01 Raps as an example, leading them that season. You look at the roster or starters & Vince had Oakley, Alvin Williams, rookie Mo-Pete & Antonio Davis. Mcgrady has a better team & as the leader, did less, while Vince took them to the conference semi finals within 1 shot to the conference finals.

IMO I just think VC is a better player...& a HOF player since it was added in the discussion with the threadstarter...

Obviously both of them are great players....& no dislike from me towards Mac, but I just think VC gets the nod over him.

Quote:
Plus, Vince got his team out of the 1st round & almost out of the 2nd round within 1 shot.

Vince did it with a less of a team as well, using the '01 Raps as an example, leading them that season. You look at the roster or starters & Vince had Oakley, Alvin Williams, rookie Mo-Pete & Antonio Davis.

damn that kills me to think about........one shot....damn...but IMO he rushed it....had he let the defender fly by and go straight up he would likely have madeit. I think they also would have beaten the Milwaukee Bucks, but of course lost to L.A. in the Finals......but hey "what if", there's so manypossible scenario's that we will never know....

Quote:

edit

Quote:
Jerome James>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VC

indifferent.gif
">
indifferent.gif
">
indifferent.gif
">
indifferent.gif
">
indifferent.gif
">
indifferent.gif
">
indifferent.gif
">
Air Jordan
1984-1993
1995-1998
2001-2003
"The best there ever was, the best there ever will be."

i think tmac is better, but much better. some of the reasons giving in this post just dont make sense to me. i think people really need to watch VC play an entire to get appreciation for how nice he his

Vince is an underrated passer that can score 25 with ease. The beef is, he scores that 25 and doesn't do much else. Also, if he tried he could probably score 30+ a game. No joke, VC is physically gifted and has one of the best all-around games in the league. People say he lacks heart and all that stuff, but to be honest he just stopped attacking the basket with aggression.

T-Mac is better at D (not saying much) and has elevated his game to a level where people would never thought he could. To be honest I havn't watched much of T-Mac since he became a Rocket but I can tell you this about both of these guys....

Both of em won't make the Hall of Fame and both of em won't lead a team to a title.
...TEAM RAPTORS !
In Colangelo I Trust!

Quote:
Vince was ROY

ROY doesn't mean much. Mike Miller won it, Emeka Okafor won it, it just means you're ready to contribute early in your career.
Quote:
8 time All Star

you know the fans vote for this? You know the average fan has no idea how the player is actually doing that year and just wants to see Vince dunk? In 01-02 and 02-03 he played 60 and 43 games respectively, and still got voted in.
Quote:
Youngest player to reach 15,000 point tonight (needs atleast 6 to tie)

this is a LIE. Bryant hit 15k at 27, Garnett hit it at 28, Iverson hit it at 29, Vince is 30 and still hasn't done it. Where do you get your statistics, you're WRONG.
Quote:
Can become the youngest to get 20,000...(don't mean to get ahead of myself, but could be worth mentioningwhen his career is over with) While there are players in the HOF without that accomplishment...

another lie. Iverson hit 20k last year at 31, Kobe is 28 and needs 700 more points. Carter's 30 and needs 5000 more points. Are you making up these stats you're quoting.
Quote:
Slam Dunk Champ....greatest dunker of all time (plays some role in the case I feel since thats a great feat)

he was a slam dunk champ, yes, but this has no bearing on anyone's HOF resume. "greatest dunker of all time"? Maybe, but this doesn't make someone a HOFer, like you think, instead it just speaks to his incredible athleticism.
Quote:
2000 USA Gold medalist.

WOW, REALLY? Let me list the other players on that team for you. Payton, Kidd, Tim Hardaway, Ray Allen, Allan Houston, Steve Smith, Vin Baker, Garnett, Duncan, Zo. You think if Vin Baker put some fake statistics, a claim to be the greatest dunker of all time, and his 2000 gold medal on his HOF resume, we'd all accept it?

I can't believe no one called you out earlier on your fake numbers. Good try though.
turn the music up
turn me down

y'all misinterpreted my statement.

i said he can play like magic in terms of dominating w/ his passing. dude can play PG w/ the best of them today if he wanted to. that's all.

Quote:
i said he can play like magic in terms of dominating w/ his passing. dude can play PG w/ the best of them today if he wanted to. that's all.

you're saying t-mac could pass like magic. they're not misinterpreting your statement. they're saying you're wrong.
turn the music up
turn me down

Quote:
WOW, REALLY? Let me list the other players on that team for you. Payton, Kidd, Tim Hardaway, Ray Allen, Allan Houston, Steve Smith, Vin Baker, Garnett, Duncan, Zo. You think if Vin Baker put some fake statistics, a claim to be the greatest dunker of all time, and his 2000 gold medal on his HOF resume, we'd all accept it?
:rolleyes
eyes.gif

Quote:
he was a slam dunk champ, yes, but this has no bearing on anyone's HOF resume. "greatest dunker of all time"? Maybe, but this doesn't make someone a HOFer, like you think, instead it just speaks to his incredible athleticism.

Read my whole post my man. I didn't intend for that feat to be a HOF calliber type thing (the dunk champ) but it plays a role comparing him to McGrady, which this post is about. Plus the greatest dunker of all time has something to do with a HOF acceptance imo...

Quote:
another lie. Iverson hit 20k last year at 31, Kobe is 28 and needs 700 more points. Carter's 30 and needs 5000 more points. Are you making up these stats you're quoting.
:lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
you know the fans vote for this? You know the average fan has no idea how the player is actually doing that year and just wants to see Vince dunk? In 01-02 and 02-03 he played 60 and 43 games respectively, and still got voted in.

:rolleyes
eyes.gif

Quote:
ROY doesn't mean much. Mike Miller won it, Emeka Okafor won it, it just means you're ready to contribute early in your career.

Again with the USA 'argument' you're putting up...Vince was very deserving of being a ROY...You can't comapre someone like Vince & what he did not only for himself, but for the team, & the city that year to the crappiest player you can find who also one...(no offense MM fans)

Quote:
Quote:
I can't believe no one called you out earlier on your fake numbers. Good try
>D
grin.gif
:wink:
wink.gif
New Jersey NetsMore Than A Game#1 Marcus Williams#2 Josh Boone#5 Jason Kidd - C#7 Bostjan Nachbar#11 Darrell Armstrong#30 Malik Allen#12 Nenad Krstic#15 Vince Carter#21 Antoine Wright#24 Richard Jefferson#20 Jamaal Magloire#35 Jason Collins#51 Sean Williams

^ well tmac is still more of a scorer. so if he focused all his energy into being a PG, he can dish out 9-10 assists a game.

i'm saying he can play like a magic-type of player (6'9 who has the skills to be a great playmaker).

last yr showed how great of a playmaker he can be.

i usually think the term 'soft' is tossed around too loosely, but when it comes to VC, dude is definitely soft. as someone sasid earlier, anyone who roughs him up physically on D can take him out of his game easily. son probably gets flashbacks of his leg injuries everytime someone does this :lol:
laugh.gif

to say that one is extremely superior over the other is ridiculous, they're both on the same level in almost every aspect.

i think people hold their own expectations of carter against him. his first 3 years, there was no ceiling to his game & people feel hurt that he didn't fulfill his potential.
I hope I die before i get old.

Back
Top Bottom