Why do so many rappers take to Italian gangsters?

acenour

Banned
It's just funny to me, all these gotti, capone's and luciano's rappers put in their stage names but Italians weren't the only gangsters out there. You had Irish, Polish, Jewish gangsters out there that was puttin in just as much work, but you hardly ever see rappers naming themselves after Arnold Rothstein, Owney Madden, Dean O'banion, Dutch Schultz etc.

What do you think the attraction is? Is it just the overall swag of the italian gangsters? Is it cuz they are closer to black than all the other groups? similar demeanor? What do yall think? cuz the irony in it all is that Italians for the most part don't really like black folks

I guess it's because you hardly see gangster movies with those other races, ethnicity, religion involved it's mostly Italian Mob movies or movies about the come up from the bottom i.e. Scarface.

Outside of Rothstein, I doubt most rappers even heard of those other dudes you named. Italian gangsters are too damn notorious thanks to the media and Marty Scorsese.

These rappers watch too many movies. That's all, plain and simple.
key word rappers...besides that, the guys these rappers take after dont even like black people, the most *** backwards **** ever

I find it sad and disgusting that so many rappers of African decent idolize these Italian gangsters when its notoriously obvious that they despised Blacks to the upmost degree

it is ironic considering the way, even in the movies, they refer to black people and regard them.

1. You're asking about Rappers....lol c'mon man
2. Yes Italians just like every other white group in history didn't/doesn't really like blacks so meh.

3. My Great Grandfather was Italian and got with a black woman :smokin one of my bucket list items is to trace my ancestry and go to the area in Italy where he was from and be like "look at your black famb" lol

I find it sad and disgusting that so many rappers of African decent idolize these Italian gangsters when its notoriously obvious that they despised Blacks to the upmost degree
What you should find sad is the conditions they grew up in that led to that but the ignorance (and judgement) is everywhere on this topic so far.

The thing is the Jewish gangsters were doing it big. Meyer Lansky died of old age in Florida and never spent 1 night behind bars and made the forbes list. Arnold Rothstein was extremely wealthy as well. The Purple gang were running Detroit during the era Capone and the Outfit ran Chicago

I asked this same question while listening to Kevin Gates Luca Brasi story, which reminds me to look this up.

Back
Top Bottom