why does everyone expect tebow to suck in the NFL?

I realize that tebow doesn't play in a pro system. but do his intangibles mean nothing?
the guy is tough as nails, he can throw the football and he can move around in the pocket, not to mention he has shown that he has character, tenacity andselflessness.

To put it simply, I think the guy can be as good as steve young if he is given the time, coaching and if he's given a chance.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

because he will

now lock this thread up

grin.gif

dont post if you're not going to say anything.

idk if he could catch, but if he can he could be a great tight end. a quarter back, maybe he works on his accuracy. but he is one of the greatest players toplay in NCAA football

Originally Posted by Troponin C

I realize that tebow doesn't play in a pro system. but do his intangibles mean nothing?
the guy is tough as nails, he can throw the football and he can move around in the pocket, not to mention he has shown that he has character, tenacity and selflessness.

To put it simply, I think the guy can be as good as steve young if he is given the time, coaching and if he's given a chance.
He'll be a 1st round pick, but he's got a huge uphill battle to prove doubters wrong. He's playing in a ridiculous spread where thereis someone ALWAYS open. When was the last time you saw him take a snap under center? When was the last time you saw him actually make a pro throw where hehad to put some zip on the ball in tight coverage? It goes on and on. Yeah, he's got character blah blah blah....but character and many of the otherintangibles he displays at UF won't win him many football games in the NFL. Don't even waste your time putting Tebow in the same sentence as SteveYoung. He's a product of an Urban Meyer system, and we ALL know how that translates (for QB's) to the pros. 49ers got bamboozled, and I'm surethe Jags (who are reportedly interested in him) will be also. Seriously, dude should just switch positions and become a TE/H-Back who can specialize in thewildcat from time to time.

I don't expect him to suck at all, I expect Tebow to be a solid NFL player in the Chris Cooley mold.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Cause he can't pass the football
steve young in 1988

what???????

Steve Young was Always supremely accurate.
he was the NCAA completion percentage career record holder til recently broken.

He'll be a 1st round pick,
eek.gif

What they been puttin in them pizzas ?

the guy is tough as nails, he can throw the football and he can move around in the pocket, not to mention he has shown that he has character, tenacity and selflessness.

alex smith 2.0, but bigger

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

steve young in 1988

what???????

eek.gif

Gunna....you KNOW dude is going in the 1st round. Whether he deserves it or not. There will be a ton of pressure for one of the Florida (MIA orJax) teams to draft this guy. I'm tellin you...he's gonna suck, no doubt...but he'll put butts in the seats.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

When was the last time you saw him take a snap under center?
laugh.gif
I remember watching a game last week or a couple weeksago he came out under center on 3rd or 4th and 1, and the first thing the commentators said was along the lines of "He ain't about to take thissnap... The defense knows it, they ain't jumpin offsides with him under center.. They're wasting time."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

steve young in 1988

what???????

eek.gif

Gunna....you KNOW dude is going in the 1st round. Whether he deserves it or not. There will be a ton of pressure for one of the Florida (MIA or Jax) teams to draft this guy. I'm tellin you...he's gonna suck, no doubt...but he'll put butts in the seats.

W t f? Why would Miami go anywhere NEAR Tebow?

We have Henne, we have Pat White. Both 2nd round picks the last two years. We're not about to draft a 3rd QB with a top pick for a THIRD straight year. No way.

Jax maybe, but not Miami.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

who the hell is going to pick dude in the 1st round?

Dan Snyder would like to talk to you...as well as the Jaguars owner.
If he can make a switch to the OL, then Tebow should be the Skins 1st round pick
laugh.gif

CP....that's why I said one of the FLA teams will be pressured to draft the dude. I think there will be a ton of local pressure (no matter if White/Henneare on the roster) to draft him. Aside from Trick Daddy, he's prolly the 2nd most respected dude in the whole state. jk....but you know he's lovedbeyond belief....

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
I remember watching a game last week or a couple weeks ago he came out under center on 3rd or 4th and 1, and the first thing the commentators said was along the lines of "He ain't about to take this snap... The defense knows it, they ain't jumpin offsides with him under center.. They're wasting time."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That was LSU
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
I remember watching a game last week or a couple weeks ago he came out under center on 3rd or 4th and 1, and the first thing the commentators said was along the lines of "He ain't about to take this snap... The defense knows it, they ain't jumpin offsides with him under center.. They're wasting time."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That was LSU and they didn't bite at all. Forced a time out.

His mechanics are
sick.gif
. He throws sidearm and his release is not very quick.

He needs to sit for a few years so he can re-invent himself into what he must become to succeed in the NFL. Whatever "that" is it aint what hes doingat UF.

Back
Top Bottom