Why does jordan ice yellow?

Originally Posted by SomaHC

seaglow will ruin your Jordans

r u sure?
nerd.gif

I read in other places that Sea Glow isn't actually what messes up your shoes.
It's a mixture of sea glow and heat with the heat causing the glue to melt and the sea glow making it useless.
I've personally used sea glow on my penny foams and they got a few shades lighter. they actually look clear unless you hold them up to the light.

510airjordanfiend713 how much of the bottle did you use to get those results?

Half a bottle, and yes you do not want to put outside in extreme heat, which melts the glue. My brother found out the hard way. I used direct sunlight cominthrough a double-pane window for about three weeks. I let the soles sit in a pan of Sea Glow, then used a q-tip to wet the sides. Hope this helps!! I wonderif an ultraviolet light would work hmmm....

Dont use the icy ones on rain days or wet ground and useing them evenings/nightfalls should make them hold longer. Its ridicilouse but should help.
I have not used sea glow yet, but think the only problem would be the place where the sole are glued/collected to the shoe, otherwise it should not be aproblem on the sole I would guess.

Originally Posted by AIRGOLDEN2123

Oxidation that is a chemical condition created by exposure to oxygen, sunlight, and sometimes water. The soles are become dirty and eventually turn brown from dirt, etc. and walking around outside. Because it's chemical, it CANNOT BE REVERSED, all things white/clear eventually get a slightly yellow tint. Seaglow will indeed ruin Jordans, it's really best to just let Jordans naturally be instead of exposing them to all sorts of unnatural chemicals like Windex, Barkeepers Friend, etc.

AGREE....My boy says it ( SEA GLOW) works but, also said make sure you DONT get it any where but the Clear Sole, it'll unglue the midsole....so its agamble...I let my VI's be
wink.gif

Originally Posted by fatsdad

I wish future XI's come with colored soles to eliminate this problem.
By future I hope you mean they release the blk/ red ones
wink.gif
Butwould be interested to see something new........maybe
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by 510AirJordanFiend713

Half a bottle, and yes you do not want to put outside in extreme heat, which melts the glue. My brother found out the hard way. I used direct sunlight comin through a double-pane window for about three weeks. I let the soles sit in a pan of Sea Glow, then used a q-tip to wet the sides. Hope this helps!! I wonder if an ultraviolet light would work hmmm....

when u say sit in a pan of seaglow....does that mean the sunlight only hits the top parts of the shoe and sides....not the bottom sole?...lol

When they're icy, try wrapping them with acid free archival tissue paper. One of the reasons why when you you see a deadstock pair of XIs and one'syellow and the other is not is because of the paper in the box and jordan box are acidic causing some yellowing. In general acid free paper is used to storeaway old photos and museum artifacts as they help reduce any chemical reaction. Try wrapping each shoe with two sheets to avoid any moisture also. Go towww.lightimpressionsdirect.com

jus google island girl products and itll show up, and this sea glow works wonders, has anyone ever tried soaking the bottoms of the shoes in sea glow ? iwonder how thatll turn out

Back
Top Bottom