Why Does Paul "The Truth" Pierce STILL Get No Respect??

As it's been said, it's because his game isn't very flashy. He quietly puts up his numbers. He finally got what he needed to be successful though,and that's another good player alongside him. Hell, he even got so lucky as to get two good players alongside him.

He seems well respected to me....hes always in the ASG....and I remember the years when the Celtics were actually making noise in the playoffs, him andToine' were fairly popular then....he has his endorsements and commercials....hell one year I remember he had the best selling jersey in the league...BillWalton is just dumb

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

He seems well respected to me....hes always in the ASG....and I remember the years when the Celtics were actually making noise in the playoffs, him and Toine' were fairly popular then....he has his endorsements and commercials....hell one year I remember he had the best selling jersey in the league...Bill Walton is just dumb
it just seemed that people forgot about him the past couple years. mainly because his team was bad, but he was playin the best basketball of his life.

He's been on a losing team for a while but he's always been a stud...

I've always loved that step back J he has...

to me hes one of those players that annoys the hell out of me kinda like a steve nash type of guy
thats why he doesnt get MY respect

forget respect he winnig games....if u ask him he'll say da same thing ppl gon talk it iz wat it iz LOOK AT HIS TEAMS RECORD it speak for it self...

Please explain how it's a joke if KG wins MVP? this statement makes 0 sense logically or otherwise...

MVP = most valuable player, not best player on best team..... LBJ is more valuable to his team, Kobe to his, etc..... it's not as if they are a lotteryteam without KG....

Out of the big 3

Take KG off = no chance for championship
Take Ray off = no chance for championship
Take Pierce off = no chance for championship

especially without a veteran PG or a deep bench.... KG does a lot for his team, but if LA or Cleveland wins 50 games then he won't win it....... somepeople underestimate the effect that PP or Ray have on this team.....

like most've said.....no respect given *mainstream media and semi basketball fans* since he's been on a losing team for most of his career, heisn't one to put on a spectacle for the cameras, and his style doesn't have much flair......it's hard to get your name out there in the mainstreammedia unless you're team is winning, you're putting on shows for the camera (on the court, off court drama, commercials), or you're throwing upastronomical numbers....

He gets respect. Does anybody listen to Bill Walton? HELL NO!!! Good player.

laugh.gif
. Yeah, absolutly nobody listens to Bill Walton. I mean, he has never played the game before, or made a game fun to watch for those who tune in. I mean, heis more annoying than Steven A Smith, making him the most annoying person on this world to listen to.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

laugh.gif
. Yeah, absolutly nobody listens to Bill Walton. I mean, he has never played the game before, or made a game fun to watch for those who tune in. I mean, he is more annoying than Steven A Smith, making him the most annoying person on this world to listen to.

smh.gif

indifferent.gif
what the hell are u talking about??

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

laugh.gif
. Yeah, absolutly nobody listens to Bill Walton. I mean, he has never played the game before, or made a game fun to watch for those who tune in. I mean, he is more annoying than Steven A Smith, making him the most annoying person on this world to listen to.

smh.gif

indifferent.gif
tell me this guy didnt just say that. is this your firstyear watching basketball? bill walton never played the game?

and as for why Pierce dont get respect? simple. because he got stabbed by Benzino
laugh.gif
and plus the fact that it took two all stars to actually make his team respectable...

Almost 6 months later, PP is now a champ and being mentioned as one of the all-time greats.

Only the people who posted good things about PP in this thread before the bump gets props.
pimp.gif

All the critics in this thread now get the
laugh.gif

84f3f5adb632889cd1e67d895698310b-getty-80398146jm078_nba_finals_ga.jpg

here I was thinking nbadotcom aka zodogg got reinstated and just came out after the finals.

congrads.

[table][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Team[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Player[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]College[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. LA Clippers[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Michael Olowokandi[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pacific[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Vancouver[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mike Bibby[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Arizona[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Denver[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Raef LaFrentz[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kansas[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Toronto (a)[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Antawn Jamison[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]North Carolina[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Golden State (a)[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vince Carter[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]North Carolina[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6. Dallas (b)[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Robert Traylor[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Michigan[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7. Sacramento[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jason Williams[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Florida[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8. Philadelphia[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Larry Hughes[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Saint Louis[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9. Milwaukee (b)[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dirk Nowitzki[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DJK Wurzburg (Germany)[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10. Boston[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Paul Pierce[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kansas[/font][/td] [/tr][/table]

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Olowokandi still pisses me off to this day. what a bum.
sick.gif

someone help me remember if it was 2000 or 2001 when the pacers played the celts in the playoffs and ron artest had the luxury of guarding paul pierce. all iremember was after a timeout, pierce got the ball near the curve of the 3 pt arc, with artest poking for the ball. pierce starts to dribble, and its evidentpaul is yappin off to him and then just pops up and drains the 3. eversince that series, truth has been appreciated. them 2 was goin at it the whole series,and truth came out on top.

Originally Posted by here 4 tha kickz

someone help me remember if it was 2000 or 2001 when the pacers played the celts in the playoffs and ron artest had the luxury of guarding paul pierce. all i remember was after a timeout, pierce got the ball near the curve of the 3 pt arc, with artest poking for the ball. pierce starts to dribble, and its evident paul is yappin off to him and then just pops up and drains the 3. eversince that series, truth has been appreciated. them 2 was goin at it the whole series, and truth came out on top.
man i was going crazy after that shot! i think it was 01 not sure tho.

Originally Posted by Jasko Mostar

Originally Posted by here 4 tha kickz

someone help me remember if it was 2000 or 2001 when the pacers played the celts in the playoffs and ron artest had the luxury of guarding paul pierce. all i remember was after a timeout, pierce got the ball near the curve of the 3 pt arc, with artest poking for the ball. pierce starts to dribble, and its evident paul is yappin off to him and then just pops up and drains the 3. eversince that series, truth has been appreciated. them 2 was goin at it the whole series, and truth came out on top.
man i was going crazy after that shot! i think it was 01 not sure tho.

think it was 01... it was Al Harrington though, and if i remember correct, Pierce was telling Harrington he was gonna dribble left, then pull up for three.then he dribbled left, and pulled up for 3.

The Truth
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dude has always been an elite guard in the league
just never got the recognition he deserved

Did ole boy up there really just mention Paul Pierce as one of the All-Time greats?
grin.gif

Paul Pierce is a very good player, but let's be real, at no point in his career has he been one of the top 5-10 players in the league, so how do you figurehe is one of the All-Time greats? Dude needed one of the All-Time great PF's and Shooters in the league to win. Calm down all this jibberish.

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

player that put up numbers for horrible teams will and never will get respect which they never should. and from his years maken the playoffs everyone just remembers him and walker chucking all game.

Good player?? yes, a superstar?? HELL NO

Exactly.
He's never been a winner. He was a leader of the most talented team in college basketball in 1997, but they were upset by Arizona.
He's always been a guy that scored lots of points and never had any team success. He's a great fantasy player, but he won't get your team anywhere.
first off if ur puttin up #'s for a whack team it must not be your fault when u get the L thus a degree of respect is justly due. second this isthe type of disrespect that paul dosent deserve. dude is far from the third best player on his team. he very well could be argued as the first. imo

Back
Top Bottom