Why doesn't Nike do this.........?

I guess Nike would rather lose millions of dollars a year to bootleggers. My idea would def cut down on fakes being purchased too.

Originally Posted by Swerv1n

I guess Nike would rather lose millions of dollars a year to bootleggers. My idea would def cut down on fakes being purchased too.

I wouldn't say you have an "idea". Right now, I'd say you have more of a "fantasy". Not that there's anything wrong withthat... fantasies are fun. But an "idea" without any coherent concept on how it might actually be executed is just wishful thinking.

If I said, "I think someone should sell jet-powered backpacks, because that would be awesome", that's a fantasy. But if I said, "Ithink someone should sell jet-powered backpacks, based on (such-and-such) fuel chemistry, which (you would then provide data to prove) is small enough tobe carried by a normal person, provides sufficient thrust to lift that person, can sustain that thrust for (a decently long period of time), and it would looksomething like this (where you provide technical drawings showing a workable design that would be safe to fly, easy to manufacture, etc.). Now--that's an idea.

So until you address the concerns, which you don'tappear to have done, you don't really have an idea. And I'm serious... if you put together a technically- and financially-sound proposalshowing how (for example) midsole and outsole components could be quickly and cost-effectively manufactured on demand, with no compromises in aesthetics orperformance, you'd probably get quite a bit of interest. And a grip of cash. Maybe retire to a nice island somewhere. So think it over, go to school,work it out, get it patented, and go sell it.

Frank Rudy was the inventor who came up with the original (workable!) idea for air cushioning. He went around to 23 different shoe companies, and was rejected by them all. He had a meeting with Adidas, who wasn't particularly interested... but heoverheard them talking (in German, which they didn't realize he understood) about a little shoe company called Nike, that he'd never heard of before. So he returned home, gave Nike a call and the rest is history. Frank Rudy is still very much alive and (ahem) wealthy.

Back
Top Bottom