Why I Should Move To California VS Why I Should Not Move To California

Iv'e grown up in Nor-Cal my whole life. Been out in NYC here for the past two years and i plan on moving back home. I can say that i see myself living in Southern California, just don't know where exactly.

New York just seems so fast paced, and the seasons got to me at first, though it took some time to get used to that. I appreciate the cultures on both sides, but i will always have my heart in California.

I would like to explore other states, such as Illinois, Florida and Georgia so hopefully those moves will be made in the near future

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

My job is online. i run a website. i can do it anywhere i get internet. so finding a job isnt really a problem for me. its just the living situation and life style.

thanks for the useful replies.

Sounds like you should try the South Bay then and be alongside Yahoo and Google.

My job is online. i run a website. i can do it anywhere i get internet. so finding a job isnt really a problem for me. its just the living situation and life style.

Sounds like you should try the South Bay then and be alongside Yahoo and Google.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by dmxgod

I've always wanted to experience California..not the tourist crap..but just spend a month in California..and see how I like it..and if I could find a teaching job out there..but I got a girl that won't leave her family..so I'm not gonna even touch that topic..
game over, stay home.
What's wrong with teaching? I've been teaching for 3 years and I would never change careers..most rewarding profession..but at the same time it depends on the school district..if the district is crappy..then yeah you are gonna bash teaching/teachers..every state has their great school districts and their horrible school districts..in fact California has one of the most rigorous teaching standards in order to become a teacher..on par with New York State..

I'm sure the teaching jobs are very difficult to obtain in California as in New York State..but I would b up to the challenge of looking for employment out there..they also get paid at the same rate as most school districts in New York City/State

I've always wanted to experience California..not the tourist crap..but just spend a month in California..and see how I like it..and if I could find a teaching job out there..but I got a girl that won't leave her family..so I'm not gonna even touch that topic..
game over, stay home.
What's wrong with teaching? I've been teaching for 3 years and I would never change careers..most rewarding profession..but at the same time it depends on the school district..if the district is crappy..then yeah you are gonna bash teaching/teachers..every state has their great school districts and their horrible school districts..in fact California has one of the most rigorous teaching standards in order to become a teacher..on par with New York State..

I'm sure the teaching jobs are very difficult to obtain in California as in New York State..but I would b up to the challenge of looking for employment out there..they also get paid at the same rate as most school districts in New York City/State

Lightweight Champion wrote:

south bay? is that just so-cal? if not then whats south bay? SD?

supposedly its really, nursing in california is very very hard even with the high demand for nurses. im sure teaching is the same. if not worse

Lightweight Champion wrote:

south bay? is that just so-cal? if not then whats south bay? SD?

supposedly its really, nursing in california is very very hard even with the high demand for nurses. im sure teaching is the same. if not worse

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

koreatown closer to hollywood is cheap, kinda safe and impressive ...i'd look to live there, if not k-town then venice beach or marina del rey

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

you'll love it. i have friends and fam in those areas
pimp.gif

sooooooooooooooo much to get into, not too far from hollywood, downtown, etc AT ALL, not hood, safe etc

be prepared to see sold 9s walking around in bikini tops and short shorts with the buttum undown showing off the matching bikini bottom
pimp.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

i've lived 5 miles from the beach my entire live and i still stop and stare
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Op, if youre willing to do almost anything for a living, assuming its legit, i strongly suggest u do it ! !

koreatown closer to hollywood is cheap, kinda safe and impressive ...i'd look to live there, if not k-town then venice beach or marina del rey

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

you'll love it. i have friends and fam in those areas
pimp.gif

sooooooooooooooo much to get into, not too far from hollywood, downtown, etc AT ALL, not hood, safe etc

be prepared to see sold 9s walking around in bikini tops and short shorts with the buttum undown showing off the matching bikini bottom
pimp.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

i've lived 5 miles from the beach my entire live and i still stop and stare
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Op, if youre willing to do almost anything for a living, assuming its legit, i strongly suggest u do it ! !

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I'm actually thinking of moving out their for my masters or after my masters, depending on the job opportunities for my field.

NYC born and raised myself...but NYC is getting played out after 26 years. I mean NYC is unique and def. one of the top cities to be in just based on the diversity of life over here...but that being said it's just hussle & bussle out here.

I'm taking a trip to san fran in mid august..hope that helps me get a slight feel for cali.

ive heard that the weather there sucks though
always foggy and rainy. that is by FAR the complete opposite of LA county

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I'm actually thinking of moving out their for my masters or after my masters, depending on the job opportunities for my field.

NYC born and raised myself...but NYC is getting played out after 26 years. I mean NYC is unique and def. one of the top cities to be in just based on the diversity of life over here...but that being said it's just hussle & bussle out here.

I'm taking a trip to san fran in mid august..hope that helps me get a slight feel for cali.

ive heard that the weather there sucks though
always foggy and rainy. that is by FAR the complete opposite of LA county

If you had to pick which would be the better place to move to: LA or Venice? If it helps I'm from a suburb in Queens just outside of the city, about 10 - 15 minutes no traffic.

If you had to pick which would be the better place to move to: LA or Venice? If it helps I'm from a suburb in Queens just outside of the city, about 10 - 15 minutes no traffic.

im in a similar position, planning on making that move to europe after uni.
i personally would wait till i got a job out there.
sure its a young crazy thing to just hop on a train so to speak and start over, dammit its practically the most american thing you can do, but in this day in age just moving on a whim is not the most financially best thing to do.

that being said, sometimes its necessary. i know people that have left nyc to start over, to start a new life becuase people were trying to pull them back into "that life" or the "bout it bout it" life. she moved to baltimore near some girlfriends to start over, it worked out great.
it really about your situation.

im in a similar position, planning on making that move to europe after uni.
i personally would wait till i got a job out there.
sure its a young crazy thing to just hop on a train so to speak and start over, dammit its practically the most american thing you can do, but in this day in age just moving on a whim is not the most financially best thing to do.

that being said, sometimes its necessary. i know people that have left nyc to start over, to start a new life becuase people were trying to pull them back into "that life" or the "bout it bout it" life. she moved to baltimore near some girlfriends to start over, it worked out great.
it really about your situation.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Venice is part of LA county
its also right next to West LA, so its not really a big difference

Venice has nice canals 
pimp.gif
right off Washington if im not mistaken
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Venice is part of LA county
its also right next to West LA, so its not really a big difference

Venice has nice canals 
pimp.gif
right off Washington if im not mistaken
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

game over, stay home.
word i also stayed in inglewood with my boy's college friend ...the things she said about them kids and what she gets paid, there's no future for the kids of LA 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah I feel bad for teachers out here.

game over, stay home.
word i also stayed in inglewood with my boy's college friend ...the things she said about them kids and what she gets paid, there's no future for the kids of LA 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah I feel bad for teachers out here.

Back
Top Bottom