WHy is Fabolous so COLD on mixtapes....

and his albums are so soft???... i liked Street Dreams and Real Talk but they were both 8/10 and from his recent mixtapes he's capable of Top 5 status.There is No Competition and White/Yellow Gold mixtapes were both...
smokin.gif
Help me out with the reason behind this
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

and his albums are so soft???... i liked Street Dreams and Real Talk but they were both 8/10 and from his recent mixtapes he's capable of Top 5 status. There is No Competition and White/Yellow Gold mixtapes were both...
smokin.gif
Help me out with the reason behind this
laugh.gif

He is a mixtape rapper at heart so naturally he is going to excel on that circuit......Labels want hits, not bangers.

Cause Fab be tryna get paid.

he prolly think about it sometimes..... then he kick it with Joe Buddens..... and be like. . nahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Honestly I have no clue.....

like 75 Partly Couldy said though its prolly cuz he tryna get paid. Same reason why Carter 3 first single is "Lollipop"

I think yall got this idea in your head and over do it now.

The Gangsta Grillz was NOT that hot. And his albums are not as bad as made out to be.

He's not a great rapper, but he is very good. The type of tracks on the albums are in a different lane than mixtape tracks.

Fab could put mixtape tracks on his album and people would complain about not makin real songs.
Suicide (There is No Competition) > Real Talk
c'mon now.

Breathe was one of the best tracks we've had in recent years. Real Talk was a good album.

Originally Posted by 75 Partly Cloudy

Cause Fab be tryna get paid.

he prolly think about it sometimes..... then he kick it with Joe Buddens..... and be like. . nahhhhhhhhhhhhh

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
....but it's soooooo true.

With that being said his albums have still been pretty solid. I was searching for a few new CDs to throw in the car the other day and one of the ones Igrabbed was Real Talk. It's not the greatest CD by any means but I had "Can You Hear Me" on re-peat for a fewdays.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

c'mon now.

Breathe was one of the best tracks we've had in recent years. Real Talk was a good album.

laugh.gif
Ok, I'm OD'in a lil bit.. but son WENT IN on that track.. he probably has 2 or 3 tracksoff of Real Talk that I like.

He's trying to sell records...

He's been on that trend for a few albums now so I look forward to his mixtapes more than his albums...

He's been on that trend for a few albums now so I look forward to his mixtapes more than his albums...

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I think yall got this idea in your head and over do it now.

The Gangsta Grillz was NOT that hot. And his albums are not as bad as made out to be.

He's not a great rapper, but he is very good. The type of tracks on the albums are in a different lane than mixtape tracks.

Fab could put mixtape tracks on his album and people would complain about not makin real songs.
c'mon now.

nah i thought the mixtape was hot, what is not that hot even mean?

It's no secret he is trying to sell albums with his album. It's funny though because everytime I hear Fab on a mixtape he kills it and I wonder thesame thing, most people won't forget to name him in their current top 20 yet if you hear some of his lines you would put him in the top 5 out right now..

I run in ya house, snatch ya lil russy and diggy, its nothin no biggie, i do it myself, im sort of like puff wit no biggie................

Killin it.

Originally Posted by meth68

It's no secret he is trying to sell albums with his album. It's funny though because everytime I hear Fab on a mixtape he kills it and I wonder the same thing, most people won't forget to name him in their current top 20 yet if you hear some of his lines you would put him in the top 5 out right now..

I run in ya house, snatch ya lil russy and diggy, its nothin no biggie, i do it myself, im sort of like puff wit no biggie................

Killin it.

i agree 100%. as far as certain lines he spits, i'd put him up there with anyone out right now. as far as singles go, they're always nice to bump,but nothing special cause they're all the same. look at his singles: they're like 90% love songs. baby don't go, can't let you go, trade itall, make me better, into you. he's really milking the r&b/hip-hop collabo trying to get some Justin Timberlake-type fame or something.

What would you do if you were Fabolous? Make street songs and sell 200,000? Or make mainstream hits and go atleast gold?

And why do people hate on FNTS so much? That cd was pretty good IMO.

People really have to understand the politics of artist appeal. The audience that actually go out an purchase Fabolous' albums are predominantly female,the audience that actually go out and cop his mixtapes are men. Fabolous has no choice but to release softer albums because otherwise he neglects his corefanbase for albums. People always get on Fab but shorties ain't tryna hear sh.. like Suicide from Fab they want to hear the Can't Let You Go's& Make Me Better's and Fab actually does a great job at balancing his albums... the hardcore tracks can be digested by the female audience.

I to also would like to know what was so bad about From Nothing To Something... i thought it was pretty solid obviously its not the Fab you hear on mixtapesbut it was a good effort... only problem is that they were too many guest features.

EARLY! He went in his bag on that Young Buck beat
eek.gif

DId he!!!!! Jesus Christ Fab obliterated that beat. In 2 weeks that track went into my Ipod 25 most played folder.

Back
Top Bottom