WHy is Fabolous so COLD on mixtapes....

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Fabolous has been fire since day one. Dude understands the business aspect of the music industry so of course some of his album joints are gonna be more diversified towards the casual hip-hop listener. But obviously dude's lyrics are crazy on his mixtapes.

I agree, I forgot to add in my post that I understand why he is doing what he is doing. He is making "ok" cd's streetwise but pulling in $$$and killin it on mixtapes for the street. I am fine with that mix, the mans gotta eat
wink.gif

Fab said it himself when his Gangsta Grillz was coming out that the singles were for the cash register. I always thought about that for the longest. Fab doeshave those deep type of songs but he doesnt have enough of em on his cds.

Here's a reason

Cause none of yall BUY HIS ALBUMS

If only females are buying albums offa one "Make me Better" track, and dudes burning tracks off the net, what would you do?

It's like that Jay-z line "On the internet, they like 'he should spit it' / I'm like you should buy it, ___ that's good business"

thats his element...its what gave him his buzz and fanbase in the first place. No one else was really murdering all those DJ Clue mixtapes back then

Fab has the worse catalog of any "great rapper". I mean his joints are the most forgettable records, but RT was aite..

Back
Top Bottom