WHy is Fabolous so COLD on mixtapes....

TRY AGAIN
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Originally Posted by BenFranklinAve

People really have to understand the politics of artist appeal. The audience that actually go out an purchase Fabolous' albums are predominantly female, the audience that actually go out and cop his mixtapes are men. Fabolous has no choice but to release softer albums because otherwise he neglects his core fanbase for albums. People always get on Fab but shorties ain't tryna hear sh.. like Suicide from Fab they want to hear the Can't Let You Go's & Make Me Better's and Fab actually does a great job at balancing his albums... the hardcore tracks can be digested by the female audience.

I to also would like to know what was so bad about From Nothing To Something... i thought it was pretty solid obviously its not the Fab you hear on mixtapes but it was a good effort... only problem is that they were too many guest features.
my dude, i agree with you, he does have a wide female fan base which he was to sell to... and im cool with his "Can't Let You Go" typetracks, but dude has so much potential for real "Jay-Z" type records, ill take a street hit like on mixtapes on his LP's, but where is hisintroverted, deep, personal record? He needs a "All i Need","moment of clarity" type record... plus a party record man all we get is"damn" and "this is my party" its too light. Feel me?

Fab is a good mc but personally i think he needs to focus on his street records... forget all that bubblegum rap.... show us some real !@%

Originally Posted by FreshProduct

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Suicide (There is No Competition) > Real Talk
c'mon now.

Breathe was one of the best tracks we've had in recent years. Real Talk was a good album.

laugh.gif
Ok, I'm OD'in a lil bit.. but son WENT IN on that track.. he probably has 2 or 3 tracks off of Real Talk that I like.

Your not ODing..the amount of wordplay this man did on this is UNBELIVABLE...that track alone is better then Real Talk ...his time is up with the bubblegumthough you had ya run N' and you older now...now its time to get introspective..at least graze the top of ya life like you did on "One Day" orjust go straight street...if he dont hell be the biggest let down ever

matta fact he should come out with those 2 bubble gum singles then the rest straight hard...but who knows with this dude

i dunno...SD was his most solid album to me...

his albums always left something to be desired tho (pause)

like FNTS had a OVERLOAD of R&B joints...less of those more "One Day" type tracks. please.

I really think Fab should drop a double album, first cd for the ladies and pop crowd and the 2nd disc for the streets and put more introspective tracks on it.Fab does have a lot of potential but he doesn't push the envelope... he always keeps it neutral and that's mostly inpart because he's lookin forsales

some people are dumb to the fact that artists usually dont have that much say to what content is on their album when they are on a large label...

people like fab are wanted to stay on tthe same formula if it sold before and made the label money...

i honestly feel thet fnts woulda been a lot more grittier if he had his own way. with like one girl song on there just to get the sales...

like someone else said, its all the music politics. i can only imagine how many songs were cut from the albuum tthat they said ws too gritty. i love fab, anddefinitely would love him to reach status of greatness close to the greats... but when u start out with a certain formula, that worked, the label doesnt wantotherwise.

as much as i love fab as a rapper i definitely dont see fab on any hov status solely based on how he started and wht people expect from him...

kinda like bow wow wont even remotely be tken seriously because of how he started off

Fab is what, 5 albums in? Im tired of dudes keep using the word potential in rap, especially in situations like these....Fab is what he is. Stop talkin boutthis 'he has the potential to drop a Jay-Z-like album', chill...he only has like 5 introspective tracks in his whole career

and Ive said from the jump that FNTS was a solid effort from Fab, it had the least skippable tracks out of any album he's ever dropped (Street Dreams Part2 not included)...and that Drama mixtape let me know only a select few f'in with him bar-for-bar when he's locked in...

He's said that for his next album, going all the way in lyrically, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I do remember when Breathe first dropped tho, EVERYBODY thinking he was gonna drop a classic lol, damn...

Originally Posted by Flash Uno

Fab is a good mc but personally i think he needs to focus on his street records... forget all that bubblegum rap.... show us some real !@%

too bad da same people that want him doin street records are da same people not supporting and downloading....

i liked real talk...ive never heard a fab mixtape that i liked...

EDIT-except Loso's Way that was crack

allen3xis-nah its not just you i nor none of my dudes rocked with that gangsta grillz mixtape...fab has alot of stans who have biased opinions imo...real talkwas my favorite fab project, very solid and balanced

EzFlash26- agree 100% with your first statement...dude can never drop joints like jay, i truthfully think jay was waaaay deeper in the streets than fab everwas if fab ever was in the dope game at all...in my hood off real talk was a HOT track with some introspect...but everything else u said i couldnt agreeless...fnts had aloooot of skippable tracks like damn near every one...and like i said that drama tape was nothin to me...but i guess its personal preference,i like realer joints so fab doesnt really appeal to me anymore...but i respect his grind

Nah, everybody I know is f'in with that Drama tape, that %@%+ was buzzin when it first dropped. And Fab was goin in on them tracks...I mean, its atraditional mixtape. Buddens got yall N's thinkin dudes supposed to drop full albums as mixtapes, nah...for a mixtape with mixtape/street %@%+, he was goinin.

And them being in the streets has nothing to do with it...I dont never assume who's more this/that thru the music. Thats an arguement I never like to getinto, but them N's more than likely have seen and been around the same kinda %@%+. They both are in essence the same as far as content, but Jay is so muchmore developed/layered a lyricist that it doesnt seem like it...

As for FNTS, there are about 10-11 listenable tracks on the album out of 15. Thats the highest ratio for any Fab LP imo.

Real Talk was a$s to me, his worst album.

Originally Posted by STRIFE O

allen3xis-nah its not just you i nor none of my dudes rocked with that gangsta grillz mixtape...fab has alot of stans who have biased opinions imo...real talk was my favorite fab project, very solid and balanced

Nah the stan's aint being stans on this one..i bash this N' fab so much. .but not on this tape, if ANYBODY goes against that Gangsta Grillzmixtape or at the least cant cosign that Suicide track is flames ...i dont even know what to think
smh.gif

I run in ya house, snatch ya lil russy and diggy, its nothin no biggie, i do it myself, im sort of like puff wit no biggie................

now these joker n's ODin pullin a Heath ledge...

now that line got me like damnnnnn cause it caught me off guard tht he knew heath ledger played joker and well the ODin part was already common knowledge

Gotta admit though, when Breathe first dropped I thought Fab was about to drop HIS Illmatic. Then the album dropped and it was softer than baby +@*+.

^look my dude i rock wit fab but i get tired of da same punchlines bout whips and money all da damn time...i agree wit u sayin that hes seen the same type ofsh_ that these other rappers have and i even agree wit u that how "real" or watever a rapper is shouldnt really be discussed cuz we dont know himpersonally but like i said uts personal preference...i dont like all dat bouncy sh_ and all dese punchilnes, they aight but i like real sh_ and dats somein fabbarely ever does...like the new styles is crack, so when it comes to fnts or this drama tape u cant tell me nothing and like i said i respect his grind and hesgota a crazy fanbase so he can keep doin him, but at the end of the day does any of his music or any of his songs affect anybodys lives or make anyone relate?1 more time its just personal preference

Fabolous has been fire since day one. Dude understands the business aspect of the music industry so of course some of his album joints are gonna be morediversified towards the casual hip-hop listener. But obviously dude's lyrics are crazy on his mixtapes.
pimp.gif

fnts had aloooot of skippable tracks like damn near every one
thats da truth...dat album was horrible. I liked all of his others though. As much as I liked them, he still does come harder on the mixtapes. IMOhe should keep doin what hes doin. As long as he doesnt come wit another FNTS, im happy. Whether he comes harder on the album or mixtape really doesnt matterto me. As long as I like the music

Originally Posted by Tha Sun Child

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

and his albums are so soft???... i liked Street Dreams and Real Talk but they were both 8/10 and from his recent mixtapes he's capable of Top 5 status. There is No Competition and White/Yellow Gold mixtapes were both...
smokin.gif
Help me out with the reason behind this
laugh.gif

He is a mixtape rapper at heart so naturally he is going to excel on that circuit......Labels want hits, not bangers.
FTW
pimp.gif

Its safe to say ninjas dont buy albums thats why his albums cater more to females...mixtapes are to keep the hood buzzin, i never hear a mami's talkingabout coppin a mixtape... so i guess thats why he comes harder on mixtapes..

Back
Top Bottom