Why is Luke Walton still in the NBA?

more importantly why do we keep giving guys like luke contracts? I mean why in the blue hell would we give a guy like steve blake a multi year, multi-million dollar contract?

the !+$* is wrong with us? People talking about "lets get gilbert", we don't even have enough MLE to afford him, THAT'S why we can't get even a scrubbart like gilbert (okay he's not a scrub but still)....

I swear at least 50% of Laker fans can better GM than Mitch, dude is horrendous. Now we won't trade Gasol and Bynum for Dwight, WHY THE HELL NOT?

#rant
but no, just like in good old mitch fashion we'll probably sign luis amundson and jordan farmar multi year deals in FA this offseason. BANK IT. Hell we might give ronnie turiaf a big contract. 

We can't forget the great Devean George too...I remember he had a pretty good deal from the Lakers too.

some of the worst players ever played for the lakers. slava, devean george, brian cook, smush parker, luke walton, samaki walker, sun yue, kwame brown, tyron lue, etc

I swear to god my sides hurt from laughing at that site. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

NBA is more than on court basketball.  The dude is the son of a NBA player. Him and his father have developed relationships with GMs and executives long before Luke was in college.  Also, the dude might be a unathletic bum but there was a time when he could contribute.  He knows the game and doesnt do to much.  Knowing your weaknesses is a strength.  He also an amazing locker room guy.  Just like Mateen Cleaves was.

There are Luke Waltons in every other aspect of life.  They got it made.

he just fills out the roster... Now with Phil gone and the team going in whatever direction it's going in, he will make for some trade bait

You can't expect every single player on your roster to be a superstar. Glad to see lakers fans in distress however. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

some of the worst players ever played for the lakers. slava, devean george, brian cook, smush parker, luke walton, samaki walker, sun yue, kwame brown, tyron lue, etc
I hate that almost all those you named (or maybe even every single one of them) have rings, so I will blame Kobe and Shaq more than anything
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]
off_line.gif
youngmoney704[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 01/04/127:34 AM
[/td][td]
he just fills out the roster... Now with Phil gone and the team going in whatever direction it's going in, he will make for some trade bait
[/td][/tr][/table]

For what? Actual fishing bait?

[table][tr][td]
off_line.gif
MonStar1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 01/04/127:01 AM
[/td][td]
NBA is more than on court basketball.  The dude is the son of a NBA player. Him and his father have developed relationships with GMs and executives long before Luke was in college.  Also, the dude might be a unathletic bum but there was a time when he could contribute.  He knows the game and doesnt do to much.  Knowing your weaknesses is a strength.  He also an amazing locker room guy.  Just like Mateen Cleaves was.
[/td][/tr][/table]

For 1 year, maybe even just half a season.

What exactly does he do in the first place? 

Knowing your weaknesses is definitely a strength, but what are his strengths in relation to his exponential number of weaknesses?

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Lakers vs Rockets 1/3/2012[/h2]
Lakers pull out a win over the Rockets, 108-99.  Luke Walton put in an impressive effort, dropping 21 points and grabbing 22 boards. It’s important to note that before the game, Luke also grew 4 inches, darkened his skin, changed his number to 17, and changed his name to Andrew Bynum.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

When asked if the condensed schedule has had a negative effect on the team, Luke Walton replied, “Well yeah of course. It’s been hard, we’ve had 6 games in the last 8 days of which I played 2 minutes total.  It’s taken a real toll on my body.

My boy used to play pick-up games against him when he was stationed out in AZ and Luke was at UA. He used to tell me that Luke Walton was BASURA, and there is absolutely no reason why he should be in the NBA.

Think about all the people who are actually really good out there, and aren't in the L. Yet Luke Walton has a roster spot on one of the better teams in the NBA. lol.

Back
Top Bottom