Why is Popeyes so slow

People go to Popeye's and don't order spicy? :wow:

I see it all the time here in LA. Makes no sense to me...

They didn't have them at the one closest to my house, so I went to the drive-thru one a few miles away. The sandwich is legit. Threw some of their BBQ sauce on there and that was it. Gonna try it with the Sweet Heat next time.

Damn that chicken sandwich really popping like that huh. May have to grab one tomorrow for a post workout meal

Saw that happen today. An older black dude was waiting for his ****. The cashier said all we have is spicy, do you want to wait for mild? Bruh said I don't mind the wait, I can't do spicy.

In my mind, I was like
gucci3.png

Had this a few weeks ago before the word got all over social media, sandwich was cool and huge but the spicy iteration was a little disappointing to be honest. Better than all the other mainstream fast food chicken sandwiches for sure but not even close to Chik-Fil-A as a single entree or even together as a meal. If this means shorter wait times at CFA than I'm all for it

Had this a few weeks ago before the word got all over social media, sandwich was cool and huge but the spicy iteration was a little disappointing to be honest. Better than all the other mainstream fast food chicken sandwiches for sure but not even close to Chik-Fil-A as a single entree or even together as a meal. If this means shorter wait times at CFA than I'm all for it

What makes chick fil as sandwich superior in your opinion

The 3 basic things to me are the bread, the chicken, and the breading.

The bread is no contest Popeyes easy.
Chick fil a is just normal bread.

The chicken is the closest. To me they are equally juicy/tender, but Popeyes is larger.

The breading is a win for Popeyes again for me but I guess it could be closer for some depending on preference.
The crunch is solid and all around the chicken on Popeyes.
With chick fila it tends to get soggy and isn't as crunchy. I read somewhere that this is because chick filas are pre made and sit under a warmer whereas Popeyes are made to order.

I don't see how chick filas is better in any way except possibly the use of the peanut oil.

I Like chick fila. Alot.

But the Popeyes sandwich is my preference

I prefer the flavor of mild. I always add hot sauce either way and the spicy is nowhere near spicy.

Just went to the one out Greenbelt. Got 1 Spicy. Got 1 Mild.

Both were weak in terms of spiciness since I couldn't even tell which one was which. No sauce. No pickles.

I didn't want all of that. Just bread, chicken, and I added a packet of hot sauce to each one.

I should have asked for it well done because it wasn't crispy ENOUGH for ME.

The bread was buttery, lightly toasted, yet still soft. It was good flavor. I would get it again but if I never had it again, I would be fine as well.

I didn't wait too long, probably 7 mins total from the point of ordering.

It was good. Not sure if it is better than Cfa, I haven't had CFA in a long time.

Is there a ff item that you wouldn't be fine with never having again

Last edited:
Yeah even on the pictures, the breading doesn't look crisp on the sandwiches like their chicken usually does. I hope it aint KFC soggy tho :sick:

Back
Top Bottom