why is there a prophecy in the bible?

Jesus is the sun I get that. Why is there a prophecy? Why all the hype about coming prophecys from the bible?

Jesus is the sun I get that. Why is there a prophecy? Why all the hype about coming prophecys from the bible?

Originally Posted by 13saldana13

Jesus is the sun? Never knew that

Jesus is the sun? Never knew that

What's the whole deal with the prophet who was supposed to come from King David's lineage??

Jesus was born son of a virgin....

What's the whole deal with the prophet who was supposed to come from King David's lineage??

I'm reading up on the second coming of christ right now. Like this very moment. That's the prophecy I'm talking about.

I'm reading up on the second coming of christ right now. Like this very moment. That's the prophecy I'm talking about.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribe_of_Judah
The tribe of Judah was the leading tribe of the Kingdom of Judah. David and the royal line belonged to the tribe, and the line continued after the fall of the Kingdom of Judah in the Exilarchs. The traditional Jewish belief was that the (Jewish) Messiah would be of the Davidic line, based on the LORD's promise to David of an everlasting throne for his offspring (Isaiah 9:6-7, Jeremiah 33:15-21, 2Samuel 7:12-16, Psalm 89:35-37).

In Matthew 1:1-6 and Luke 3:31-34 of the New Testament, Jesus Christ is described as a member of the tribe of Judah by lineage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribe_of_Judah
The tribe of Judah was the leading tribe of the Kingdom of Judah. David and the royal line belonged to the tribe, and the line continued after the fall of the Kingdom of Judah in the Exilarchs. The traditional Jewish belief was that the (Jewish) Messiah would be of the Davidic line, based on the LORD's promise to David of an everlasting throne for his offspring (Isaiah 9:6-7, Jeremiah 33:15-21, 2Samuel 7:12-16, Psalm 89:35-37).

In Matthew 1:1-6 and Luke 3:31-34 of the New Testament, Jesus Christ is described as a member of the tribe of Judah by lineage.

Suuuurrreeee he was. 
wink.gif

Suuuurrreeee he was. 
wink.gif

Jesus is the sun. Warren is the moon.

Jesus is the sun. Warren is the moon.

I really don't know anything about this, but isn't that like someone who IS born from someone who was a virgin until they got knocked up?
Only difference being, they refer to her as Virgin Mary afterwards...?

I really don't know anything about this, but isn't that like someone who IS born from someone who was a virgin until they got knocked up?
Only difference being, they refer to her as Virgin Mary afterwards...?

More like the son of sun. He was coming back to rescue and shepard his descendants from law of man because his father in heaven was the law. He was returning to pick up his flock. 

More like the son of sun. He was coming back to rescue and shepard his descendants from law of man because his father in heaven was the law. He was returning to pick up his flock. 

Back
Top Bottom