Why the hell is cologne SO damn expensive?!

My barber wears oils and i can usually smell it on my hands for hours after i give him a pound (paws).

Anyone got a site that sells oils that match designer colognes? I wear Gucci Gucci, Gucci pour homme, and Burberry (London, i think)

Originally Posted by oo206oo

My barber wears oils and i can usually smell it on my hands for hours after i give him a pound (paws).

Anyone got a site that sells oils that match designer colognes? I wear Gucci Gucci, Gucci pour homme, and Burberry (London, i think)
Man you can go to:

Beauty Supply Store
Mall Stands that sell Inscent...etc
On the streets

I don't know of any website.......oh yes I do.

http://www.saveonscents.com/

Weren't you a barber yourself ?

You had like 10 of us on NT wanting to be barbers back in the day cause of this one 20+ page thread...I remember it clearly.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheTim11

Originally Posted by Al Audi

OP i dunno but this is what i currently wear

_5316317.jpg

i had no intention of buyin cologne that day, my girl was shoppin an i started randomly smelling colognes................i had to cop.

the ladies love it, its like a damn pheromone
YES SAH!

glasses.gif

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

Originally Posted by TheTim11

_5316317.jpg

i had no intention of buyin cologne that day, my girl was shoppin an i started randomly smelling colognes................i had to cop.

YES SAH!

glasses.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
looking for a new cologne.....will inquire....

I need to step my cologne game up, I've had the same rotation for awhile. Always something that my money goes tobeforehand though...

find a hook up?...serious. 20$ for any cologne for me...n this is out of shoppers drug mart beauty boutique so you know its legit

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Weren't you a barber yourself ?

You had like 10 of us on NT wanting to be barbers back in the day cause of this one 20+ page thread...I remember it clearly.

laugh.gif
Lol, ive never been a barber.

Apparently you dont remember it THAT clearly. Maybe it was Shoegeek youre thinking of, hes an OG vet and is definitely a barber.

I wonder who the hell am I thinking of then?

I remember the sn had numbers in it...

Hmmm....
thinking-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000339-large.gif

Originally Posted by LiveFree

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Son you get what you pay for. You wanna smell like 10 dollars or 100 dollars?
laugh.gif
Really?
That's what ever colonge marketing team wants you to think.

The OP had a valid question, how can something produced so relatively cheap, but sold at so a high cost.

I think the previous poster had it down. Perhaps its necessary for something that lasts so long.

I still don't buy that better ones need to be necessarily that more expensive. Especially since the price range from cheap to good is anywhere from a dollar to $100+. I'm willing to pay more to companies who's products are far superior, but at more than 100% the costs of others?

I know many nters won't agree, just my .02 cents.

honestly.............all the more expensive colognes smell better unless you can put me on to some sleep cheap smelling good colognes

dolce and gabbana, yves saint laurent, gucci, prada, armani etc all smell the best imo.
I completely agree. There's no such thing as a good cheap-priced cologne.

^ You obviously aren't a smart shopper to say something like that. You dudes are most likely buying this stuff from Department Stores where it is going tobe at it's highest possible price

MAN, I was about to make this post.

I was looking to get that Hugo Boss Element...was trying some cologne's and this one really sold me.

That and that one Chanel. I don't even know the name of it, but it smells like sex.

What's this Ives Saint Laurent one? It's legit?

A bottle should last a good yr if your not drenchin your self in the +!%, but one should have other scents such as oils. You can definetly find gucci an allthoughs other high end scents from a barber shop or suttin

Also some tips are

1. Best time to put it on your SKIN (if you chose to do that) is right out of the shower while your pores are open. Exaggerate the scent.

2. Spray it on your clothes then IMMEDIATELY iron them. Heat trap.

_5316317.jpg

yessir.
pimp.gif
people are sleeping

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

1. Best time to put it on your SKIN (if you chose to do that) is right out of the shower while your pores are open. Exaggerate the scent.
I've actually heard the opposite. Something about how you should wait a bit so your pores can start creating oil first? Not sure.

i have 3 go to colognes:

gucci pour homme II
issey miyake
clinique happy for men

gucci and the issey are fairly expensive, but the clinique is like 55 or less a bottle and smells great. i never see it mentioned in any of these colognethreads either for some reason.

Originally Posted by asmathews

_5316317.jpg

yessir.
pimp.gif
people are sleeping

pimp.gif
The best I have and also this...
47090158_Burberry_Touch_Cologne_by_Burberrys_for_Men.jpg

yo burberry touch is nice man...

cologne is supposed to mix with your body's natural smell so don't drown yourself in it.

Back
Top Bottom