Why wont JB drop the jordan xvi and xvii

I don't understand the talk off the lack of demand when they never even tested the waters. Just release a pair by them at the usual price in a GOOD colorway no orange peel or metallic blue.

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

The simple answer is they both cost ALOT more to manufacture than older models with less technology.

Yea with the straps, clovers, magnets, etc. I hate to say it, but when they do decide to release the XVI, XVII, & XVIII's they're going to have an XI pricetag.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

My two favorite J's. But if the quality is going to suck, I'd rather they not come out again. Do it right or don't do it at all. 

Exactly. I've passed on a lot of my favourite because quality was a joke

The 17s are awesome, one of the shoes that got me in to kicks and jordans. I still got my og college blues but I need more! Would love to see these drop again along with some lows. Wouldn't mind 16s in the blk/reds

Because they havent found a way to mass reproduce the shoe with cheaper quality material. Once they do we will se a release date

Originally Posted by bence23

17 lows please.. well both.

they can come out with bs 17 6 rings but not the real shoe . smh
If you're talking about these 
images

I 100% agree, that was a slap in the face. Same color blocking making them look just like them from far but you knew they were gonna be these wack +$# mash ups

Anybody else think one of the reasons is it will remind everyone of jordan's stint with wizards and harm their marketing of him being the most dominant player ever?
He put up decent numbers, but they weren't MJ numbers. You could tell the magic was gone by then

I think they will in time. Every jordan is rereleased at least once or twice or even 3x. It may not be the colorway you would like but its the # you need.

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

Anybody else think one of the reasons is it will remind everyone of jordan's stint with wizards and harm their marketing of him being the most dominant player ever?
He put up decent numbers, but they weren't MJ numbers. You could tell the magic was gone by then

I never though of it like that, but I think you may have a point.

laugh.gif
MJ probably HATES the XVII; especially the white/black/lightning yellow joints becausethey remind him of thatbreakaway dunk he missed in the 2002 All-Star Game.

I remember SLAM magazine even had a "SLAM-UP" centerfold ofthatdunk
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
I think its the onlymissed dunk to ever be showcased in a magazine
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
eek.gif
is that Danny Masterson and Ashton Kutcherlurking togetherlike "Hyde" and"Kelso" behind Tmac?

They wont release them because its to risky with a low return. Right now every release is a hit, crashing sites even if the shoes werent even a big deal. they wouldnt want to mess up their momentum by releaseing a shoe from the retro series and it bring a bust

16s and 17s would def sell.

The royal 10s sold out. I'm still confused over that one.

I had the white/blue 16s when they released. Couldn't afford the 17s back then. If/when the black or white/blue 17s retro I'll be picking up a pair.

�I never though of it like that, but I think you may have a point.

laugh.gif
�MJ probably HATES the XVII; especially the white/black/lightning yellow joints because�they remind him of that�breakaway dunk he missed in the 2002 All-Star Game.��

I remember SLAM magazine even had a "SLAM-UP" centerfold of�that�dunk
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
�������I think its the only�missed dunk to ever be showcased in a magazine�
laugh.gif
I remember that dunk clear as day.  I really don't know what to make of them not retroing the XVI or XVII since they did retro the XV in 2 colorways.  Maybe RockDeep/NikeDealer can shed some more light on this matter.   He said some might NEVER be retroed, and to be honest I could see XIX-XX2 never coming back out sans a gimmick pack or package.  The black/red XVI was an instant sellout and the white/blue colorway sold well as well.  I do remember the cherrywoods and gingers going on sale, but the design was altered, and to say that cherrywood and ginger are unique colorways is being nice.  (I do love the cherrywoods though)

Originally Posted by muzikfrk75

The royal 10s sold out. I'm still confused over that one.

laugh.gif

i feel that way about a lot of jordans that have dropped lately. you know the game is messed up when people are lining up early for some wack jordan 11 lows 
eyes.gif

Everything with a jumpman sells out nowadays. If son on mars sells out, these will shift

Everything with a jumpman sells out nowadays. If son on mars sells out, these will shift

I still can't fathom on how a garbage like those even sell.

Originally Posted by AirThompson

The simple answer is they both cost ALOT more to manufacture than older models with less technology.

Yea with the straps, clovers, magnets, etc. I hate to say it, but when they do decide to release the XVI, XVII, & XVIII's they're going to have an XI pricetag.
30t6p3b.gif
Wait, you say this like the 17's didn't retail for $200 
laugh.gif

XI pricetags are nothing compared to what the XVII's could really retail for nowadays. Lebrons and Yeezy's retailing for $250? Yeah, price inflation on XVII's will be right up there. 

The XVIII's were $180 when they retailed also anyways so there won't be any surprise to  people

Originally Posted by NT2488

I don't think they need to.

Besides, there's a ton of OG XVIs and XVIIs on Flight Club, KixClusives, Image, Ebay etc.
Just because they're on there doesn't mean they are retail. People want shoes for retail prices. Not everyone is trying to spend 3-400 dollars on every shoe they're trying to cop. 

What I would actually pay over retail for are some XX's in stealth and QS colorways. I sold both of mine to some homeboys a few years ago. Wish I never had. Afraid the retro's wont be as good. 

Originally Posted by Chris316

I still can't fathom on how a garbage like those even sell.
Word. Instead punishing jb by not buying, consumers can't stop giving jb money for this crap. This only encourages them to produce more of this crap

Picked up a pair of ds ginger XVIs. First time I paid over retail for a shoe, but I just love these. Plus, they'll last until jb finally do retro the xvis and they're probably going to cheap out on materials as well

Back
Top Bottom