Why Wont Jordan Brand Just Give Us What We Want?

I know Nike and Jordan Brand all have people that man the phone lines, have focus groups, and even people watching sneaker forums such as NT or ISS.

They should have more than enough information on what the public wants.

Why won't they give it to us? Anyone knows that if they give the public what they want, people would be camping out for days and spending all of theirpaychecks on what they release. That means Jordan Brand would make so much more profit since they are selling out everything.

So why do they decide to give us products and colorways that dont even look right (example: Do The Right Thing)

More examples of them giving us what the public doesn't want. (A lot of it occurs in the packs)

They gave us Shadow X, instead of Steel X or Chicago X or Ice Blue X which is what people wanted.
They gave us Black/Red (w/ white stitching) XIV (Last Shots), when they released that colorway a couple of years ago. Alot of people wanted Indiglo X
Theyre giving us Black/Charcoal SUEDE?!? XX. To add to my disgust, I heard that it had regional lasering. Good Lord. People wanted the OG White/Red XX or theQS colorway XX.
Theyre giving us Black/Silver XVII. That is the colorway I wanted... BUT IN LEATHER. More suede?

ohwell.gif

because if they give us whatt we want now, they'll have nothing to offer later. its part of the business.

that's right, they're milking the legacy for all its worth. they will come out with trash that people have settle for now, then slowly bring out the OGmodels as people slowly cares less and less. they do this to drag it on, it's part of the business yes, but they're doing this at a cost. the cost isMichael Jordan's fans, their respect for him, for the company, and for the Air Jordan line. They're choosing money over honor, respect and the positiveimage the company has worked so hard in the past 20 years to acquire.

everyone wants sumthing different. so they cant satisfy everyone. i jus buy the stuff i like and jus keep looking forward to the next release and the followingyear hoping they'll put out a pair i really like such as cement 4s or grey 11s and so on. theres waaaayy to many jordan lovers to satisy, so not everyonegoing to like sum of the things they put out. majority of the ppl want space jams. but im sure those who already have more then 2 pairs of space jams on icewant maybe a pair of concords or the breds instead. eventually they will release EVERYONES grails, its jus a matter of waiting. thats all. i personaly hatewaiting but atleast it helps me save money lil by lil for other things as well. i say jus be patient, cus eventually the certain pairs u want will releaseagain one day. maybe in a limited amount for the simple fact that Gentry said himself that it will get harder to purchase after 2008, but if u want a certainpair as bad as anyone else, then u'll find a way to get them. especailly now since we all kno wen a shoe will drop ahead of time.

Originally Posted by Apocalypz

I know Nike and Jordan Brand all have people that man the phone lines, have focus groups, and even people watching sneaker forums such as NT or ISS.

They should have more than enough information on what the public wants.

Why won't they give it to us? Anyone knows that if they give the public what they want, people would be camping out for days and spending all of their paychecks on what they release. That means Jordan Brand would make so much more profit since they are selling out everything.

So why do they decide to give us products and colorways that dont even look right (example: Do The Right Thing)

More examples of them giving us what the public doesn't want. (A lot of it occurs in the packs)

They gave us Shadow X, instead of Steel X or Chicago X or Ice Blue X which is what people wanted.
They gave us Black/Red (w/ white stitching) XIV (Last Shots), when they released that colorway a couple of years ago. Alot of people wanted Indiglo X
Theyre giving us Black/Charcoal SUEDE?!? XX. To add to my disgust, I heard that it had regional lasering. Good Lord. People wanted the OG White/Red XX or the QS colorway XX.
Theyre giving us Black/Silver XVII. That is the colorway I wanted... BUT IN LEATHER. More suede?

ohwell.gif

stop lying...everyone wanted da stealth XX's
laugh.gif

but yeah, they're milkin it as far as they can...

well technically they are giving us what we want. i guarantee there are people out there who are stoked about gettin all the colorways, but look at what isreleasing that the majority of us like...... blk/cement III's, carmine VI's, hare VII's, high I's, possibly another DMP..... it could be worse.

TRUE, BUT YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY THEY ARE MAKING ALL OF THE JORDANS INSTEAD OF NONE!

All the crap they're throwing out right now...I wish they were making none. Imagine this, your favorite artist was once a greater performer, one day hedecides that instead of coming out with new songs, or sing his old songs, he will just randomly put together lyrics from his past hits, and call it a day. Howawesome is that huh? Wouldn't you be ashamed?

Theyre giving us Black/Charcoal SUEDE?!? XX. To add to my disgust, I heard that it had regional lasering. Good Lord. People wanted the OG White/Red XX or the QS colorway XX.
And how well are those packs selling AS IS?

Originally Posted by bims92

because if they give us whatt we want now, they'll have nothing to offer later. its part of the business.

co-sign. They have to keep us wantin more, it's like movie. A good screen writer doesn't answer all the questions in the movie to keep the watcherguessin and the ending, they leave it open not satisfyin the human need for closure so you'll see the sequel.

Hey its just buisness they invented this market and they control it. Give you a pack with one hot shoe and one subpar seller, sounds like money to me.

Because they're selling out.

When people realize that BJ is just throwing crap at us, and the hype drops down,
They will drop Nike Air again, or Space Jams, *insert awesome shoe that's never been retroed*, etc. and get everyone hooked again.

When people realize they're paying for crap, everything will get much better.

im 10000% sure that i heard this somewhere. JB will be releasing j's like how they used to. (which means GR, not limited, not online only, not limitedstores, etc.) i know the problem mostly is the whack colorways we get but at least releases can be the same again soon.

Even more amazing would be if they made enough of them so people can actually buy them.

i would have bought the 13s, 3s, 4s, and 5s from the packs if they came out on their own, multiple pairs. but since they come in a pack i might just pass.

Rainy Day Roster:

White/Red/Black I
White/Metallic Anything I
ANY OG III WITH NIKE AIR
ANY OG IV WITH NIKE AIR
ANY OG V WITH NIKE AIR
Black/Infrared VI
White/Infrared VI
White/Sport Blue VI
Bordeaux VII
Powder IX
Anthracite IX
ANY CITY SERIES X
ANY XI MID
White/Red XII
Obsidian/White XII
White/Red XIII Mid
Black/White pod XIII Mid
Indiglo XIV

They can tank harder than the Miami Heat for the next 2 years and surprisingly still have a TON of life left for a rainy day.

Just when you think they've milked the Retro business for all it's worth...there's A LOT left.

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

Rainy Day Roster:

White/Red/Black I
White/Metallic Anything I
ANY OG III WITH NIKE AIR
ANY OG IV WITH NIKE AIR
ANY OG V WITH NIKE AIR
Black/Infrared VI
White/Infrared VI
White/Sport Blue VI
Bordeaux VII
Powder IX
Anthracite IX
ANY CITY SERIES X
ANY XI MID
White/Red XII
Obsidian/White XII
White/Red XIII Mid
Black/White pod XIII Mid
Indiglo XIV

They can tank harder than the Miami Heat for the next 2 years and surprisingly still have a TON of life left for a rainy day.

Just when you think they've milked the Retro business for all it's worth...there's A LOT left.

Thats one rainy day Iam definately looking forward to.

Back
Top Bottom