Will Apple ever get into the Video Game Industry? (EDIT.. Again?)

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by Kakashi

Originally Posted by daddywarbukks

What do you guys think? I never thought microsoft would.
their video games would be over priced and hard to crack or hack...making them undesirable and creating a domino

effect with their other products.

This is stupid. Iono about whether or not they would be over-priced, but since when would making video games hard to crack and hack "undesirable"?
yes! no one wants to play over priced games, that's why gen-one xbox skyrocketed in sales over ps2 when it was first introduced because ofit's

affordability. playstation made the mistake that apple is making now in thinking you're be on top forever.

microsoft stays humble...just visit apple.com and ready the cockiness. better yet the commercials about windows.

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by needsomejays

never owned an OG xbox though, anyone know how they were? like performance wise? like failure rate and all that

None of the ones my friends owned crashed and burned. Ever. The 360 is one of the biggest disappointments ever in terms of reliability, imo.

Apple would be smart to get into the gaming business a year or so before Microsoft and Sony come out with their next consoles to try to get a comfortable lead in sales and development. If they do everything right, they have a chance to compete. Especially with all these hype machines walking around praising Apple like the company was founded by Jesus and run by Obama.

Yeah, I thought the Xbox 360 was alright until mine completely died on me last month.

Originally Posted by raptors29

never owned an OG xbox though, anyone know how they were? like performance wise? like failure rate and all that

None of the ones my friends owned crashed and burned. Ever. The 360 is one of the biggest disappointments ever in terms of reliability, imo.

Apple would be smart to get into the gaming business a year or so before Microsoft and Sony come out with their next consoles to try to get a comfortable lead in sales and development. If they do everything right, they have a chance to compete. Especially with all these hype machines walking around praising Apple like the company was founded by Jesus and run by Obama.

Yeah, I thought the Xbox 360 was alright until mine completely died on me last month.
did u send it in to microsoft? they fixed mine for free. i didnt even have to pay for shipping.

Kakashi wrote:

daddywarbukks wrote:

their video games would be over priced and hard to crack or hack...making them undesirable and creating a domino

This is stupid. Iono about whether or not they would be over-priced, but since when would making video games hard to crack and hack "undesirable"?
yes! no one wants to play over priced games, that's why gen-one xbox skyrocketed in sales over ps2 when it was first introduced because of it's

affordability. playstation made the mistake that apple is making now in thinking you're be on top forever.

microsoft stays humble...just visit apple.com and ready the cockiness. better yet the commercials about windows.

That argument has absolutely nothing to do with making video games hard to hack and crack "undesirable".

And the OG Xbox was the same price as the PS2 when it came out, so try again.

I'm sure Sega thought that was a good idea when they did that with the Dreamcast

Originally Posted by presequel

apple already in the handheld gaming business.

Wait, what?
Shovelware apps for the touch and iphone. If Apple got into the business it would have to be as a software developer, because if they did aconsole then it would work for a year then die (much like a typical ipod).

Kakashi wrote:

daddywarbukks wrote:

yes! no one wants to play over priced games, that's why gen-one xbox skyrocketed in sales over ps2 when it was first introduced because of it's

That argument has absolutely nothing to do with making video games hard to hack and crack "undesirable".

And the OG Xbox was the same price as the PS2 when it came out, so try again.
sigh dudes own an ipod shuffle and know they're certified apple consultants,

apple's software sole functionality is to animate apple's hardware (all in-house) that's why it virus and conflict free....no third party softwareand

hardware like mircosoft that leaves coding language open for hacks and cracks!

video games were cheaper than the console because i owned both and purchased first year! not the dicounted christmas price....

xbox games were way cheaper than ps2.

p.s. nice sig, only problem is a "real" hipster doesn't admit to being a hipster...
wink.gif
catch me on the L train greenpoint stop
wink.gif

I mean if they were smart they'd try to learn/collab with Nintendo. I don't see them breaking the hold Sony and M$ got on the gaming industry at themoment. Even with w/e game franchises they could get or new games they could create.

Their console would probably look clean as !@#* tho
Spoiler [+]
simpsons-apple.jpg

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

Google would probably create a game console before Apple would.
Apple has already made a system called Pippin. It's rumored that they're coming out with a new one when the 8th gen consoles release.

I can tell you with about 98% certainty that we are not currently going into the dedicated video game field.

i mean what would their flagship video game be?

nintendo has: mario

xbox has: halo

ps never had one = fail

sonic is on the cheese line....
laugh.gif

what's apple gonna be?

the alien ipod that must collect rare itunes to save his sister from an evil race of alien illegal downloaders?

sigh dudes own an ipod shuffle and know they're certified apple consultants,

apple's software sole functionality is to animate apple's hardware (all in-house) that's why it virus and conflict free....no third party software and

hardware like mircosoft that leaves coding language open for hacks and cracks!

video games were cheaper than the console because i owned both and purchased first year! not the dicounted christmas price....

xbox games were way cheaper than ps2.

p.s. nice sig, only problem is a "real" hipster doesn't admit to being a hipster... catch me on the L train greenpoint stop

I own an iPod Classic, not Shuffle. And not once did I ever made any mention of Apple in my previous arguments.

No, Macs still get viruses.
Albeit very little, but they still get viruses. And it's not because of anything third-party, it's because of its OS. All consoles run on their own OS,so that that throws that argument out the window.

Here you are contradicting yourself. Your first post says that making games hard to hack and crack is a bad thing and now you're saying cracking andhacking is bad? You also said video games - that's software. Now here you are saying hardware.

Well, no *@+@ the video game would be cheaper than the console, Sherlock! Who doesn't know this??? But you said the Xbox was cheaper than the PS2. This iswrong. Both retailed at $200. Both games were also $50.

+%! does my sig have to do with anything???

Keep trying, you'll get it eventually.

Originally Posted by Lrrr

I'm sure Sega thought that was a good idea when they did that with the Dreamcast

Dreamcast was the %$%%, though
pimp.gif
Anyways, it's a new era. Apple justhas to counter NATAL and they'll have a good chance to be competitive.

ps never had one = fail

laugh.gif

what's apple gonna be?

the alien ipod that must collect rare itunes to save his sister from an evil race of alien illegal downloaders?
Every game system that ever came out had to come up with something, you think mario was famous before the Nintendo was even released? Yourstatement is terribly flawed.

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

Originally Posted by therenegade23

3 is enough. Apple should just stick to what they're doing now.
microsoft didn't think so...

and now sonic is ice skating with mario
smh.gif
but what does microsoft have anything to do with mario(nintendo) and sonic (sega)

ps never had one = fail

laugh.gif

what's apple gonna be?

Who says you need a flagship video game to be successful?
Sony never had one, and they didn't fail. Again, keep trying.

ps never had one = fail

laugh.gif

what's apple gonna be?

I mean it isn't hard. Sony hasn't failed. They made the market interesting by challenging Nintendo.

If I was chatting it up with Jobbs I'd see what's good with some old favorites or like I said before create their own flagship video game. All theywould need is a few software compaines dedicated to making long lasting games for their console. That's why I mentioned Nintendo cuz they aint even botherto go hard with graphics and they're still here and managed to absorb an old enemy

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

ps never had one = fail

laugh.gif

what's apple gonna be?

Every game system that ever came out had to come up with something, you think mario was famous before the Nintendo was even released? Your statement is terribly flawed.
are you serious? you strike out my whole post, to say exactly what i said?
roll.gif

so how is my statement flawed?
2zyzy8z.jpg
\

some things are not so easy a caveman can do it (like posting with common sense)

If you wanna be technical, the flagship game for PS1 was Crash Bandicoot, 2 was Jak and Daxter, and 3 is Ratchet and Clank,

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

Nike Star Jay wrote:

FlipnKraut wrote:

Google would probably create a game console before Apple would.
Apple has already made a system called Pippin. It's rumored that they're coming out with a new one when the 8th gen consoles release.

I can tell you with about 98% certainty that we are not currently going into the dedicated video game field.
Wait... You work for Apple and you didn't know they already made a game console?

You're going to count something that came out over 14 years ago and had abysmal sales? If you mention the Apple III, most of the people I work with willjust shake their heads and walk away.

Back
Top Bottom