Will Derek Rose Ever Be The Same Player? Vol. Penny & Grant Hill

First off I like this dude's game and hope he comes back strong.
But given all the injuries he's had this season and now the season ending injury it's really not looking good long term for his career.

Also were talking about a PG who relies heavily on his speed & athleticism. 

The fact that he relies so much on his speed and cutting ability is a huge concern. The ACL comes into play when you cut and change direction. Rose arguably needs that element the most to maintain his level of play.

D.Rose is probably going to have to change his game just all of the greats did. Instead of driving to the hoop, he can perfect his perimeter shot and become a better passer. Also, with his speed he can burn people up in the paint.

Sucks 'cause I like the dude.. I hope he can be the same player because he was exciting to watch.

There's a good chance he's gonna have to change his game up, but he's still going to be one of the best PG's in the league. I don't see him falling off just yet.

Dude, your talking about the YOUNGEST PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY to win the MVP.

- Took the defending champions to the brink in 09'
- Flat out baller and the offensive lifeline of the Chicago Bulls.

He'll be right back. He'll have to become more of a play-maker and also master his jumper, but he'll be right back.

i hope so.. but like it was said above, he'll probably have to change his game

He didn't soley take the defending champs, though.
roll.gif

KG didn't even play and BG was flat out balling that series.
Also this thread is full of lulz
Derrick's name spelled wrong and "whose"
laugh.gif

Rose will be fine

Was just talking about this w/ some die hard Bulls fans here in southern Illinois while waiting for FNL to open yesterday morning for these (GORGEOUS) white/red XIs.

I don't think so, and I'm really saddened by that.
ohwell.gif
No hate at all; I'm a fan.

But I can't help but think of Penny, Hill, hell, even the often-injured Griffey.

they way you guys are talkng i'm scared AP is coming back to soon and won't be the same diff sports I know but they had the same injury.
frown.gif

The mental aspect of his injury is going to be the toughest part that being said this kids one of the more mentally tough individuals in the NBA he knows what is being said throughout the media and I'm sure it's motivating him , I see him coming back with a vengeance. It's now the bulls responsibility to get this guy some help so the burden of this team isn't solely on his shoulders

With the advance in medicine, and them prehabbing the injury by building strength in the quad, I think he has a chance for a full recovery and will still be able to play with explosiveness

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Dude, your talking about the YOUNGEST PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY to win the MVP.

- Took the defending champions to the brink in 09'
- Flat out baller and the offensive lifeline of the Chicago Bulls.

He'll be right back. He'll have to become more of a play-maker and also master his jumper, but he'll be right back.
I think many people wish him the best but injuries like these can destroy someone's career
or at least handicap a lot. Look what happened to Ralph Sampson, Alonzo Mourning, Penny Hardaway,

T-Mac and Grant Hill.

They could all have a much longer prime but the injuries made big obstacle for them.

I really wonder why Rose is wearing so many attachments on his knees and legs.

Are his legs so weak to get injured?

Back
Top Bottom