Will Derek Rose Ever Be The Same Player? Vol. Penny & Grant Hill

memphisboi55:
You in southern IL??!?

What part?

I graduated from O'Fallon. 618!
Just moved up here a couple months ago. I have no idea where O'Fallon is, but I know all the numbers around here are 618.
laugh.gif
I'm around Carbondale.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Why are people comparing this Rose injury to players who didn't have the same injury he did? Why are you comparing microfracture surgery to a blown ACL in 2012? Why are you comparing back injuries to an ACL? Ankle injuries to an ACL? Grant Hill? Seriously?

Might as well compare his injury to Yao Ming.
Exactly I don't understand ppl on here, either they ignore all the facts, or they just say anything. Its 2012 ACL injuries are not a death sentence any more, I wouldn't be surprised if that knee was stronger afterwards. All I ask of Rose is work with Tim Grover

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

memphisboi55:
You in southern IL??!?

What part?

I graduated from O'Fallon. 618!
Just moved up here a couple months ago. I have no idea where O'Fallon is, but I know all the numbers around here are 618.
laugh.gif
I'm around Carbondale.

Oh you're by Southern... You might as well drive up and catch a Sox game bruh
pimp.gif

Yeah, I could get to SIU in 15-20 min.

And once I get settled, I definitely plan on frequenting Chicago for sports. Don't know how well it would go over yet, though, wearing an Angels jersey to a Sox game or Lakers gear to a Bulls game.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

I said a while ago that Derrick Rose is a sham.  He's at best an athletic guard that has improved on his shot.  In the end, his style of plays on the offensive end are limited to contortion, speed, and foul calls.  With time, his physical limitations will expose his weakness.  He has no post moves, and on the defensive end, he's only good guarding smaller guards. 

No one remembers him trying to do 9,000 cross overs on Lebron to shake him that resulted in DROSE turning the ball over.  No one recalls how junk he did towards the end of this season, but everyone forgave him and put emphasis on the injuries.

Make no mistake though, that he's a top shooting guard in a point guard body.  Still, he has the money, but he might never win a ring.
Troll? I just realized how much I would have to write to even address you. Too lazy 

Originally Posted by solarius49

I think it would be a great idea for him to work out with guys like Rondo or Nash in the offseason, to change his game a little bit
I think you are NUTS if you expect Rose to be "working out" with anyone this offseason.  You know he just tore his ACL right? 

And once I get settled, I definitely plan on frequenting Chicago for sports. Don't know how well it would go over yet, though, wearing an Angels jersey to a Sox game or Lakers gear to a Bulls game.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

... Hmmmm. Interesting. We'll revisit that after the 1st outing
laugh.gif

.Rose needs to give it time to recover if it means coming back later next season, January February. ACL injuries take a long time to recover. He should not rush back. I think he'll be okay if he allows himself to fully recover.

laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
I can't comment on the Sox game, but at last season's Bulls/Lakers game I only saw one fight break out.

It was between Laker fans
laugh.gif

I think you'll be ok, as I saw a decent amount of people wearing Kobe and Magic jerseys.

Adrian Peterson only took 3 months to recover
laugh.gif
. But naw I hope AD and Pooh take their time and not rush back.

the comparisons that people make, are ridiculous. just cause there have been other players that had more severe injuries and gotten better or returned to form, doesnt mean it will be the same for derrick rose. every player is different, and everyone reacts differently to treatment and rehab

Just cause he wears adidas doesnt mean that's the reason he got hurt... cause nike athletes also get injured..

Rose will be fine. In fact, I think he will return to MVP form as soon as next year. ACL's replacement surgery has gotten a lot better over the years. Also, Rose is a player that simply has another gear in terms of speed, quickness and explosiveness. If Rose come back with even 80% of his prior explosiveness, he'll still be the third or fourth quickest guard in the league (behind Westbrook, Wall, and Parker), and he'll likely retain his preternatural body control and his great instincts in traffic.

Also, it's important to remember that there is a lot more to breaking down defenders than being explosive/athletic. For instance, Chris Paul has inarguably lost some of his quickness, yet he is arguably just as good as before. Of course, Rose relies more on his athleticism and shiftiness than Paul ever did; however, like Paul Rose has the ball on a string, has incredible instincts and is a master at finding driving lanes in the defense.

Originally Posted by atlballa15

If Rose come back with even 80% of his prior explosiveness, he'll still be the third or fourth quickest guard in the league (behind Westbrook, Wall, and Parker)
Laughable statement.

Whether or not he will be fine will be found out a while from now.

What I think we can all conclude is that those days of his Goran Dragic explosiveness?

Pretty safe to say that's in the past.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

What I think we can all conclude is that those days of his Goran Dragic explosiveness?

The way he rose and threw it down on Dragic was just
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Chill don't say that.  Blake is still PRETTY DAMN explosive after his tear.

Give my guy a chance Bruh. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by MzD650

If Rose come back with even 80% of his prior explosiveness, he'll still be the third or fourth quickest guard in the league (behind Westbrook, Wall, and Parker)
Laughable statement.
x2
Ty Lawson, Chris Paul and Rajon Rondo are laughing at you right now

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by MzD650

Laughable statement.
x2
Ty Lawson, Chris Paul and Rajon Rondo are laughing at you right now
Unless you are CP3, Chris laughing at you bruh. Why you would even include him idonnos 

Nah.

Back
Top Bottom