Will Derrick Rose and Dwight Howard make a come back?

with all these players getting hurt by injuries, you think they will come back stronger or will this be beginning of the end for their career?
it also goes for Iman Shumpert and Ricky Rubio.. Maybe Rubio a little less since he doesnt rely on athleticism.

Will Dwight Howard become the next Larry Johnson??

For two players who rely on their athleticism as much as Rose and Dwight do.. any serious injury is cause for some concern.

To be honest, I don't want to think about it right now.. but I'm optimistic that they both will comeback fine.

Rose will make it back but to MVP form I don't think so since he relies on explosiveness quite a bit, I just fear he'll be completely different like Gilbert Arenas was after the knee injury

Dwight will be fine, he was stiff as hell before the injury so I doubt this injury will make him worse

Shumpert will probably be less explosive too

Rubio will be fine

Rose, Shumpert, and Rubio will be fine. ACL reconstruction and the following rehab protocols will enable them to close to normal.

I remember I was working in the Athletic Training room when I was at UM. Watching Willis McGahee rehabbing and watching his pre-draft work outs like 3-4 month post-op.
eek.gif

Dwight will be fine also with the technology evolving. He pretty much had the same surgery as Peyton, but in a different part of the spine. What helps Dwight is that in that part of the spine there is more muscle for stabilization.

Rose is just going to have to change his game a little bit. He is going to have to become more of a facilitator and distributor. If the Chicago front office can put some good pieces around him then he should be fine...but he will never be the same player

Rose can make a full recovery. I have no reason to think that the Chicago FO wont pay for the top medical care. Their future as a competent playoff team and title contender depends on it.

Howard really got jinxed after that trade fiasco he took everyone through. Im just so glad the Bulls didnt gut their team just to get him.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

It's gonna make for a hell of an Adidas commercial.

Make a big campaign for D Rose's return. Start off with just basic commercials. No sign of who it is and then as the commercials progress, we see its Rose. Adidas can smash this out the park if they handle this correctly. Just Do It Adidas.

I think D Howard will be back to form as well. 

D12, Shump and Rubio will be fine.

Rose I feel will still be very explosive, but a notch down. He'll still be a top 10 player though.

If they both remain patient with it... with the trainers they will have helping rehab they should make a 100% recovery.

I have no doubt Dwight will come back the same player. If Amar'e and Baron can come back with no surgery Dwight can, especially since Amar'e is still just as agile as he was last year.

Rose on the other hand, I don't think he'll be the same player nor do I think he should cuz imo he'll just end up injured again. The 6-8 months will help heal all those other injuries but the way he plays he might just get re-injured all over again.

I noticed both D-Rose and Shumpert were wearing adidas when they picked up their injuries. Coincidence? I think not.

Originally Posted by dollabill87

I noticed both D-Rose and Shumpert were wearing adidas when they picked up their injuries. Coincidence? I think not.

Please.

This could be a good wake up call for rose. This injury could provide a motivation to improve other aspect  his game and  not rely on his athleticism so much.  He has time to change which is a good thing for him. 
Dwight is a beast so I am sure he can as well but is he really injured?
roll.gif
Sounds like an excuse he made up to avoid playing for the magic.

I hope so, but they have the BEST trainers in the world on their sides.  Not the people that we go to, you know the local doctor in your neighborhood.  They have people who are the WORLD best.  I have always said about Rose with the way he plays (always going to the cup hard) he would be no good by 28.  Wonder if he adapts his game, and changes it up same with Dwight.

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

I hope so, but they have the BEST trainers in the world on their sides.  Not the people that we go to, you know the local doctor in your neighborhood.  They have people who are the WORLD best.  I have always said about Rose with the way he plays (always going to the cup hard) he would be no good by 28.  Wonder if he adapts his game, and changes it up same with Dwight.

indifferent.gif

Gilbert, Grant Hill, Penny, T-Mac, Bird,  etc had the best trainers in the world too. 
I'm more worried about Dwight...back surgery though? 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom