Will Derrick Rose and Dwight Howard make a come back?

Rose could be the next Penny...

started great, then injuries come...

Hope not. Rooting for the boy. Took my Memphis Tigers to the *best record in college history and a title game. Always love for him.

Not to mention all them rolled ankles when the Hyperflights came out back in 2000

This is sad for these 2 athletes. DROSE is financially secured, unless a clause in his contract makes him GRANT HILL #2. LOLZ Dwight is gonna be the next Dikembe, because all he can do is play defense and block shots. He's hardly capable of having any offensive creating abilities.

Originally Posted by dollabill87

I noticed both D-Rose and Shumpert were wearing adidas when they picked up their injuries. Coincidence? I think not.

hmmm so you've never heard of Penny Hardaway?

Dwight is the one you have to worry about.   Back problems don't just go away, they are lifelong.   More than likely he will have permanent discompfort and a constant sore back.  
Rose also has back problems. His ACL tear is a blessing is disguise because he will be on his butt the whole summer, not running/jumping or doing anything that involves stress on your back.  It will help him heal everything else that is hurting him.   I expect a full recovery from him. 

Originally Posted by bballah3

Dwight is the one you have to worry about.   Back problems don't just go away, they are lifelong.   More than likely he will have permanent discompfort and a constant sore back.  
Rose also has back problems. His ACL tear is a blessing is disguise because he will be on his butt the whole summer, not running/jumping or doing anything that involves stress on your back.  It will help him heal everything else that is hurting him.   I expect a full recovery from him. 

Yeah Rose is gone be on his butt until August, but lets be real I always thought Rose played the way he did out of sheer competitve ness.
I have seen him play complete floor games w.o od explosiveness too many times to sit here and say w/o more help he wouldnt be able to adapt

I noticed both D-Rose and Shumpert were wearing adidas when they picked up their injuries. Coincidence? I think not.
I'm now convinced Nike has their interns troll the internet posting things like this.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I'm now convinced Nike has their interns troll the internet posting things like this.
More than just the interns apparently:

[h1]Nike designer apologizes for saying injured Derrick Rose, an adidas man, ‘chose poorly’[/h1]By Dan Devine | Ball Don't Lie – Sun, Apr 29, 2012 12:00 AM EDT

After Derrick Rose suffered a season-ending ACL tear during the Chicago Bulls' 103-91 win over the Philadelphia 76ers in Game 1 of their first-round playoff series on Saturday afternoon, the reaction of NBA fans, media members and fellow players alike consisted largely of shock and sorrow. A bummed-out legion began to wrap its mind around the enormity of the 2011 NBA MVP's injury and what it means for the top-seeded Bulls' title hopes and, potentially, the career arc of one of the league's brightest young superstars.

I say "largely" because the reaction also contained stuff like this, from the Twitter account of Jason Petrie, a "senior footwear designer at Nike," according to LinkedIn, and the designer of the popular Nike basketball sneakers worn and endorsed by Miami Heat star LeBron James:

(Screencap via @sevenzro1, Nike designer Jason Petrie's Twitter feed)

"Pooh," of course, is the nickname Rose was given by his grandmother when he was a kid. Rose, of course, wears and endorses adidas shoes; the Bulls point guard recently signed a 13-year endorsement deal with the shoemaker that, with incentives, could pay him more than $200 million. The intimation, of course, is that Rose wouldn't have torn a ligament in his left knee if the shoes on his feet when he landed that jump stop were emblazoned with a swoosh. Of course.

On Sunday morning, Petrie took to Twitter to apologize:

(Screencap via @sevenzro1, Nike designer Jason Petrie's Twitter feed)

In context, the hashtag "#GWS" in Petrie's initial tweet likely stood for "get well soon," which is the kind of thing you say to someone who just suffered a severe injury and is going to need surgery, rehabilitation and an awful lot of rest and healing before he can resume regular life activities, let alone go back to being one of the best basketball players alive. The other stuff, where you use someone else's trauma as a ostensible promotion vehicle ... well, that's not really what you say.

You might think it — Petrie's tweet wasn't the only one I saw that made the "correlation equals causation" jump between Rose and New York Knicks rookie Iman Shumpert wearing adidas on the court and suffering injuries on Saturday. But you don't say it. Not if you've got some compassion, perspective or appreciation for the fact that, as a representative for brands as mammoth as Nike and LeBron James, snarkily reveling in someone else's trauma — especially a well-liked someone like Rose, whom "everyone loves," according to James' Heat teammate Dwyane Wade, who's signed with Nike subsidiary Jordan Brand — probably isn't a great move, corporate-wise.

Petrie followed up his statement that Rose "chose poorly" in not signing with Nike by claiming that "Y'all" — presumably the number of people who took issue with the way Petrie responded to Rose's injury — "take sh#t too serious! Never want to see anyone get hurt- I hope DRose comes back stronger than ever, he's too good."

Later, after several other Saturday night statements — about how he was just speaking his mind, that he was encountering "a lot of tough guys on Twitter" after his remarks, that he doesn't much care for people who are not "with him," that "sensitive thugs" displeased with his commentary could use a hug, and that anyone of the belief that he cared about their differing opinions didn't know him — Petrie offered a more formal apology, saying the comment about Rose's choice "was really just tongue n cheek! Never meant any harm or disrespect!"

The Bulls will resume their first-round series against the 76ers on Tuesday night at 8 p.m., when Game 2 tips off at the United Center.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/b...man-chose-040710618.html

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

I hope so, but they have the BEST trainers in the world on their sides.  Not the people that we go to, you know the local doctor in your neighborhood.  They have people who are the WORLD best.  I have always said about Rose with the way he plays (always going to the cup hard) he would be no good by 28.  Wonder if he adapts his game, and changes it up same with Dwight.

indifferent.gif

Gilbert, Grant Hill, Penny, T-Mac, Bird,  etc had the best trainers in the world too. 
I'm more worried about Dwight...back surgery though? 
sick.gif
Um Gilbert wanted to rehab on his own without trainers, Hill is still playing at a high level at age 39, Bird was at the end of his rope already, T-MAc is still playing at a high level for the Hawks in the role he has for them, and Penny is still making money on his foams that come out everyother month.

They will wont be able to play the same way because it will be on the back of their minds that they have gotten hurt doing these athletic moves.
They will improve in their shooting.

I think Rose could still be in his best condition given that he will get proper rehabilitation,but it will definitely affect his performance a little.Comparing him to Penny is kinda early.But if he ever will get into another serious injury,then that's the time where he will possibly follow to the footsteps of penny and T-mac.

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

Nope for Howard cause he will always be a !$@!#
d12 gon be felin it when them kids need pampars
, baby momma need new shoes

Rose will be back, anyone questioning that doesn't know his work ethic. I really think his jumper will benefit from this injury. Not next season but the season after he should be 100% and back to normal.

D.Howard should be fine (I still don't think he was really injured to the extent everyone believes he was, I think it was all smoke screen because he didn't want to play for Van Gundy anymore)

Shumpert: depends on his work ethic and if he rushes back, but he should be fine.

Rubio, will go back to normal...he really isnt that explosive or rely on athleticism as much as everyone else.

i hope they can make a comeback. they are both young and this condensed season was physically tough for everyone

Back
Top Bottom