Will paypal do anything if i have a negative balance and ignore it?

In my situation, they didn't do a damn thing.

I shipped some shoes to China, and when they got there, dude said he never got them and posted up a claim on Paypal. There was no way I was going to lose shoesAND money, so I just never used the account again, and it was negative $200ish.

Nothing happened. I just can't use that account anymore, so I started a new one. Simple as that. And this was 4 years ago.

*edit* Forgot to add that I opened up the current account with a NEW bank account and credit card numbers. Pretty sure if you use the same ones from thenegative balance account, they'll get you that way.

yes there is, pretty much they just open up a new account and transfer all your activity to that new account. but under federal law any incurred debt on thelast account will get tacked on to that new account. I went thru this when i closed my paypal account and needed to open a new account because my old accountnumber came up in paypal's user history, so they wouldnt let me reopen a paypal account with that old bank account number. Silly but again paying the samepeople over and over and getting fee'd and surcharged by each is pretty silly. Ebay/Paypal.

Originally Posted by ATMOSquare

yes there is, pretty much they just open up a new account and transfer all your activity to that new account. but under federal law any incurred debt on the last account will get tacked on to that new account. I went thru this when i closed my paypal account and needed to open a new account because my old account number came up in paypal's user history, so they wouldnt let me reopen a paypal account with that old bank account number. Silly but again paying the same people over and over and getting fee'd and surcharged by each is pretty silly. Ebay/Paypal.
thanks, how do I ask my bank to give me a new account number?

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

I dont have a job never had or anything like that

so how can they get it? im only 18...

So young dr0 ripped off your parents, not you...

Originally Posted by JD617

I dont have a job never had or anything like that

so how can they get it? im only 18...

So young dr0 ripped off your parents, not you...
ummm no
Im 18 do you think im broke or something? Just cause I dont have a job doesnt mean I dont hustle
pimp.gif

why would i have a bank account if im broke
laugh.gif

nothing will happen to you, it will just look bad on your credit, but nothing will happen to you per say....

Just pay it off...too much effort trying to change your phone #, paypal account, and bank account.

whatever ima just keep the money in my bank account and if they take it then they take it...if not then
pimp.gif

A couple of years ago eBay closed my account when I was selling some DMPs. I shipped some of them out already and then people starting filing claims withPaypal because they thought I wasn't going to ship them out. I ended up with a -$2,100 balance on Paypal. Since I had no use for the Paypal or eBay accountanymore, I didn't pay them a dime. They eventually sent my file to a collection agency. I told them to %**$ off every day that they called. Eventually theygave up.

The IRS never contacted me either.

Originally Posted by Mw2889

A couple of years ago eBay closed my account when I was selling some DMPs. I shipped some of them out already and then people starting filing claims with Paypal because they thought I wasn't going to ship them out. I ended up with a -$2,100 balance on Paypal. Since I had no use for the Paypal or eBay account anymore, I didn't pay them a dime. They eventually sent my file to a collection agency. I told them to %**$ off every day that they called. Eventually they gave up.

The IRS never contacted me either.
don't they remove the claims if you have a tracking # that shows it was delivered?

My story is the same as a couple people in this thread:

Sold some Huarache LE's to some dude in Germany, he said he never got them did a dispute on paypal which was a couple months ago and my balance went into anegative on paypal. I didnt want to be out money and shoes so i changed my bank information so they couldnt get into my bank account to get their money. I gota letter from a collection agency like a month ago and they've been calling me but i never pick up. Never heard anything from IRS but i'm kinda worriedabout my credit turning bad so will i eventually give paypal their money....unfortunately for me i think i will but not right now lol.

Guys, if you owe money, pay it back. I am not a fan of paypal's customer service and dispute policies, but in the end it's not worth the possibility ofruining your credit. If you truly think you have a case, take it up with them. Otherwise, don't just sit there and hope that nothing happens. It'llonly hurt you down the road.

Originally Posted by Jimmyluv2002

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Yes, they will. I've gotten a letter from the IRS saying that I have a negative account in my PayPal that hasn't been paid and if I don't do something about it, they'll take action. No ducktales.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

man your scaring me
alien.gif

Dude is a liar. Nothing is going to happen with you. The only bad thing is you are going to have trouble making PayPal and eBay accounts in your name, but even with that, you can work around that, but yeah, if you have a negative balance nothing will happen. Yes they will send you to a credit reporting collection agency, but will it show up on your credit report? Nope, not at all, just change the phone number so they don't bother you.

You're good, PM me if you have any questions.

Don't worry, just change your account information, close the account and just reopen a new one (bank) and you're good.
Don't listen to this dude, he has no idea what he is talking about. If you get sent to a collection agency it WILL show up on your credit report, and if just changing your phone number was the magic thing to do, dont you think people would do that for everything in order to avoid credit debt? I honestly don't know about the IRS thing but this will come back to haunt you so it is in your best interest to pay it off. How did you get $600.00 negative?

Listen to me Kevin, it can't show up on his credit report because they do not have his social security number. If they had his social, that is one thing,they don't, they can mail and call all they want, but at the end of the day, they can't retreive the funds.

PayPal has NOTHING to do with the IRS Unless youre moving 10k of cash +.

It's easy to get a negative balance, chargebacks or whatever.

Trust me, a few years ago, My PayPal account was -2000....then another time -400....I can speak from expierence...

Man I had a collection agency calling me a while back for some punk #*@ credit card... They would call like 300 times a day .. I swear I think that they couldsome how see my phone activity cause my phone wouldn't ring for like 3 hours then I would go to text someone and right when I would send the text my phonewould ring I was like DAMNN

roll.gif

my phone keeps getting calls from a (402) number theyve called 5 times already today
laugh.gif

I think its them

Originally Posted by ATMOSquare

they can only get a collection agency after you if they have your social. If you signed up for any interest rate return on the funds you have in your paypal account and or to lift sending/receiving limits. But since you have your back account connected which when you signed up at your bank you were asked for your social security number, they will then charge your bank for the negative balance, if you have no funds in that account or not associated with them any longer you will hear from a collection agency from the bank to pay the debt, which is usually after 90 days of no attempt on your behalf to repay this debt after several attempts from the bank.
Dude, PayPal will and cannot dip in to your bank account for a negative balance of funds. If you paid for something with an instant transfer,it's different, they try twice and eventually give up.

Originally Posted by Rapido27

Just pay it off...too much effort trying to change your phone #, paypal account, and bank account.
Nah, you make things look hard.

As far as a new phone number...just use GrandCentral or any VOIP that assigns numbers to do the verification and etc when they ask.

Paypal = email address

Bank account, open one and just chill...actually open a savings and use that or whatever if you aren't that heavy of a user.

Remember, bank accounts are FREE so just make one dedicated to PayPal and eBay.

I get calls from Minnesota like 4-5 times a day lol. Will they eventually stop calling? If so anyone know how long it takes for them to get tired.

With the whole Social Security number thing, maybe thats why Paypal now asks for your social security number, so that they can come get you at the source fortheir money.

For the record, my negative Paypal balance is not on my credit report. And I've checked it many, many times since the bogus chargeback happened.

LOL at the IRS getting involved with a Paypal claim. That ain't happening unless it is for major amounts of money.

I had like -$160 in my account for the longest
laugh.gif

They finally took the +#!* out of my bank account after like 3 months.

Just pay it back. To all these people saying that you left a negative balance, when was the last time you applied for a credit card or tried to buy a whip? OP,don't ruin your credit over $600. They generally won't do it for that small amount of money, but you don't need a social to place a lien onsomeone's bank account. Even if you close that account, you are still responsible. It's a long shot, but it's definitely possible.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Yes, they will. I've gotten a letter from the IRS saying that I have a negative account in my PayPal that hasn't been paid and if I don't do something about it, they'll take action. No ducktales.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

man your scaring me
alien.gif

Dude is a liar. Nothing is going to happen with you. The only bad thing is you are going to have trouble making PayPal and eBay accounts in your name, but even with that, you can work around that, but yeah, if you have a negative balance nothing will happen. Yes they will send you to a credit reporting collection agency, but will it show up on your credit report? Nope, not at all, just change the phone number so they don't bother you.

You're good, PM me if you have any questions.

Don't worry, just change your account information, close the account and just reopen a new one (bank) and you're good.
Spoken like a true irresponsible American
5962525ef0fba8e68e860837f178490038cbc36.gif
.People wonder why Americans are in so much debt
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom