Will Smith Producing Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reboot

Nothing is going to replace the original but I am willing to give it a chance but "only on peacock"?

3CF428E5-5083-495F-AB69-5D40462975CF.gif

Came into this thread ready to drop a "get off my lawn" rant but it looks decent can't front. I get peacock for free so I def give it a watch.

No fat Uncle Phil is perturbing.

Obvious Jamaican Alfred is :lol:

Aunt Viv is fine as **** :evil:

Need a better look at Ashley and Hilary.

Jury is out on Carlton. I see potential to be an annoying oreo but no levity

They turned it into a drama
That was the entire point.

Peep the original fan made dramatized vid.
So tired of remakes/reboots that change the tone to be more "serious" and "grounded"

Thanks a lot Nolan
Can you give me a list of these?

Also which Nolan you're talking about and when he did it? :nerd:

They're acting no different than your Lord and Savior Tariq St. Patrick .....

As much as it pains me to admit this, Tariq >>>>>>> these kids. I would love a West Coast crossover episode where Stansfield plays in the Final Four at Crypto.com Arena and Tariq, Brayden and the Tejada roll through and they stomp on this version of the Banks'.

I just never understood folks obsession with ****ting on something before they even seen it. Then going as far as to publicly announce it too is just weird.

As much as it pains me to admit this, Tariq >>>>>>> these kids. I would love a West Coast crossover episode where Stansfield plays in the Final Four at Crypto.com Arena and Tariq, Brayden and the Tejada roll through and they stomp on this version of the Banks'.

Unless you have access to these episodes already, how exactly are you coming to this conclusion?

From a trailer?

Yeah I'll just wait to actually see an episode :lol:

Setting my nostalgia senses aside trailer seemed fine

I just never understood folks obsession with ****ting on something before they even seen it. Then going as far as to publicly announce it too is just weird.

Unless you have access to these episodes already, how exactly are you coming to this conclusion?

From a trailer?

I think you can gauge it from the look and feel. You see what they are going for.

Could it be good? Potentially. But there is a lot there in the trailer, that is underwhelming.

On the bright side, maybe it has unintentional comedy potential. That’s always a good thing

I am very proud of everyone involved in da show. I can already tell that da reboot >>>>> da original and it ain't even close. My guy Carlton will be da star of da show. Future Republican Presidential Candidate.

I think you can gauge it from the look and feel. You see what they are going for.

Could it be good? Potentially. But there is a lot there in the trailer, that is underwhelming.

On the bright side, maybe it has unintentional comedy potential. That’s always a good thing

What exactly do you see that they are going for?

From a trailer?
I, for one, said I wasnt interested in seeing it. It might be ****** and it might be good, either way my desire to see either way is pretty nonexistent.

Getting defensive because people are using a trailer to decide whether or not they want to watch the show is wild

I always thought that's what trailers were for

From a trailer?

Yeah I'll just wait to actually see an episode :lol:

Setting my nostalgia senses aside trailer seemed fine

I admit I was getting my Screamin A on a little with the hot take :lol: But for me, part of the thing is that even thought it's 30 years later, it's hard to set my nostalgia aside when they're using the exact same characters, premise, etc. I would wish them getting smacked up by Riq and the Tejadas if this was it's own brand new show with new characters and storylines. For reference, I didn't mind the Saved By the Bell reboot because they did there own thing. Characters and elemnts were there but it was its own show.

And yes, my conclusion that Riq >>>> these kids was based on the trailer. Maybe debates could be had depending what area of their character that we are discussing but in that three minutes I am certain Fake Will and Carlton aren't killing folks, clapping yambs, running their city, wearing $10K+ outfits and Audemars.

From a trailer?
At this point, the "I'm tired of reboot" takes are lazy. Most people love Scarface and that's a remake of a remake. We'll just have to wait and see if this is okay.

Back
Top Bottom