Will Smith Producing Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reboot

I admit I was getting my Screamin A on a little with the hot take :lol: But for me, part of the thing is that even thought it's 30 years later, it's hard to set my nostalgia aside when they're using the exact same characters, premise, etc. I would wish them getting smacked up by Riq and the Tejadas if this was it's own brand new show with new characters and storylines. For reference, I didn't mind the Saved By the Bell reboot because they did there own thing. Characters and elemnts were there but it was its own show.

And yes, my conclusion that Riq >>>> these kids was based on the trailer. Maybe debates could be had depending what area of their character that we are discussing but in that three minutes I am certain Fake Will and Carlton aren't killing folks, clapping yambs, running their city, wearing $10K+ outfits and Audemars.
I feel like changing the tone is allowing this to be it's own as well though.

Ppl would be fuming if they made this a sitcom too

If they made this a spin off with Carlton, Will and Hilary's kids ppl would be fuming

I think most of us gotta realize too this **** wasn't made for us as the prioritized demo :lol:

We got the OGs to always fall back on if it sucks

I'm just gonna ignore the Riq comments because anything related to that cat is disturbing

At this point, the "I'm tired of reboot" takes are lazy. Most people love Scarface and that's a remake of a remake. We'll just have to wait and see if this is okay.
Have you seen the original? It was definitely an improvement. Its not so much people are tired reboots, people are tired of mediocre, unnecessary reboots, word to Matrix Resurrections. I will say, though, Hollywood has a crippling fear of losing. Thats why Squid Games is cleaning up.

I determine for me, dont need NT. Hopefully my non interest doesnt spoil watching it for anyone.
DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican that list yielded 1 show that might get watched :lol:

The point of me linking the article was to combat the, "25 years is too soon" argument when most remakes took place around that time.

Not saying you/anyone else SHOULD watch anything but I just don't understand the 25 years is too soon argument.

Says who?
Based on what exactly?

The point of me linking the article was to combat the, "25 years is too soon" argument when most remakes took place around that time.

Not saying you/anyone else SHOULD watch anything but I just don't understand the 25 years is too soon argument.

Says who?
Based on what exactly?
That list supports the argument that 25 years is too soon though.

And why wouldn't you (as a content creator) do a remake 25 years later while your original viewers as still alive and moving?

50 years later is better? Folks would probably have already been buried.

Capitalize on your old fanbase.

On paper that's a good idea but then you end up with shows like that list. In the case of Scarface the reboot was good enough to also be a classic to a whole new fan base.

The, "I don't want to see a reboot because it will somehow ruin MY memory/attitude towards the original" is even more of a nonsensical speaking point.

Not sure if you were talking to me but that it is not my stance regarding the original and the reboot. To clarify, I am actually admitting that I am human and separating the OG and reboot is difficult for me given how it is identical (characters, premise, etc) and imagine it may be for others. However, some people, such as those that you mentioned, take it a lot further than that which I think is different. This show will have no bearing on how I feel about the OG and I don't think it should. I can't say the reverse is the case which is where the issue lies.

How So?

If anything, It supports the argument that around 25 years is the NORM.

And what are we basing "success" on anyway?
I'm just basing it on interest. I wasnt interested in anything on the list except 1 show. Not sure how successful or not any of them were.

How would yall take it if they made a(ONE) sequel movie to the original shows with the original cast instead?

I prefer it over the released trailer.

Watching the trailer this could have just been another show without the whole fresh prince “connection”.

Not saying they're all bad, but a lot of the Disney movies.
Oh those....

I was drawing a blank for real. Didn't think about those cartoon movies. I wouldn't say they all were remade to be more serious and dramatic. Specifically the Disney live action remakes.

Also still lost when any Nolan did this.

I'm just basing it on interest. I wasnt interested in anything on the list except 1 show. Not sure how successful or not any of them were.

But Are you not interested because of the
A. Time period
B. Content

Would another 25 year wait change your level of interest? :lol: (Doubt it)

Not sure if you were talking to me but that it is not my stance regarding the original and the reboot. To clarify, I am actually admitting that I am human and separating the OG and reboot is difficult for me given how it is identical (characters, premise, etc) and imagine it may be for others. However, some people, such as those that you mentioned, take it a lot further than that which I think is different. This show will have no bearing on how I feel about the OG and I don't think it should. I can't say the reverse is the case which is where the issue lies.

I didn't see your post but in general I just think this is a wild stance to make.

I can't comprehend how anything can change your opinion on something that has already been stamped in your brain.

People used that logic with Jaden's Karate Kid and I just didn't understand how their feeling of that movie took ANYTHING away from the Original. They are two different films so I don't even know what thete even is to compartmentalize.

But Are you not interested because of the
A. Time period
B. Content

Would another 25 year wait change your level of interest? :lol: (Doubt it)
I think the 50 year thing worked with Scarface because I wasnt aware of the original. I think that's what gets me disinterested in most reboots, I've already seen them. Might actually be less about the 25 now that I think more on it. I enjoyed the Office possibly because I hadn't seen the European original show.

Back
Top Bottom