Will T-Mac get past the First Round

How would T-Mac react this time if he doesn't get past the first round...???

Will T-Mac get Pass the first round yes or no..?

it's going to be tough. the way the team is constructed, this team has less talent than EVERY TEAM IN THE TOP 9, including denver. despite this streak,they'll be underdogs even if they have the #1 seed.

if they had yao though, there be no doubt he goes to the WCF at least.

i wouldn't be shocked for the Rockets to go to the Western Conference Finals. The teams chemistry is amazing.

wow.

read a book.

you know, you'll have to start with the ones with lots of pictures and really big script but you'll learn.

and to answer the thread question,

neverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverever.

*EDIT*

EVER.

All I can say is, once Yao went down, a lot of people counted the Rockets out of the playoffs.

...now they're only a game back from getting the first seed. So, don't assume.

It'll be tough, but I think he has a chance.

We'll find out soon enough.

They said GS couldn't knock off Dallas last season, but with confidence, they did. With this surge of confidence, I'm pretty sure they are capable ofgetting into the second round. After that, I'm not too sure.

nyk buc wrote

Are you out of your frigging mind? I mean seriously, are you?

There's NO DOUBT that with Yao, they would get by either the Suns, or the Spurs, or the Jazz, or the Hornets in the first round, THEN beat either theLakers, the Spurs, the Jazz or maybe the Suns, however the seedings go? NO DOUBT? None. You have NO DOUBT?

You fancy yourself a pretty smart guy, but that might have been the dumbest post on NT in a looooooong time.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

who exactly do you guys see them beating in the first round?

serious question.
COULD BEAT, in no order:

New Orleans: CP3 is a beast, but the Rockets have already beat them twice in the past 3 weeks by double digits. Plus, it's a lot of Hornets' firsttime in the playoffs, so, who knows how they react to being in the big show for the first time.

Dallas: Rockets destroyed them with the pick and roll. (Minus Dirk of course) But, just like how three years ago I thought the Rockets matched up well againstthe Mavs, I think they still match up well against them. Dallas for the most part, has Houston's number though..

GSW: Without Yao, the Rockets stand a better chance of beating GSW. GSW always gives Yao fits, and the Rockets waste too much shot clock trying to get him theball. (Al Harriington fronting him) As a result, the Rockets get off bad shots with the shot clock running out.

Phoenix: They're a scary team. ......on paper. But until they start showing that they've gelled with Shaq, any team in the West has a shot of beatingthem.

Utah: Last year, it was Hayes, Juwan Howard, and Yao trying to contain Boozer. Boozer is too quick on his feet for Howard + Yao, and as a result, he killedus. And Boozer didn't have to guard Hayes, as he has no offense. Now the Rockets can roll out Hayes + Landry + Scola on Boozer, and hope for the best. And Houston would have home court on the Jazz, whereas the Jazz aren't that good a road team this year.

Denver: More like _enver. No D. And they're horrible on the road.

serious question.

don't know. there are only a few games separating the 1 to the 7 seed. i'm sure they'll stay in the top 5 though.

i don't think they'll play the lakers or the spurs (unless they choke down the stretch)

hornets - pretty good chance b/c hornets are still young, and u don't know how they respond to playoff pressure. chris paul is a stud so paul v. tmac isgonna be great

utah - decent change. actually this team matches up with utah better w/o yao. boozer can't go crazy on us anymore.

warriors - great chance. the only reason they beat us the past few yrs is b/c they destroy yao with their 3s, frotn him, and abuse him on the pick and roll.with the smaller lineup, they can't score on us. they never faced this team with scola and landry fully integrated into this offense yet.

suns - unsure. if shaq keeps improving and get 18 and 12 every game, it's going to be tough. but if he doesn't, it's a good matchup also.

but again, it's going to be tough

Originally Posted by CP1708

nyk buc wrote

There's NO DOUBT that with Yao, they would get by either the Suns, or the Spurs, or the Jazz, or the Hornets in the first round, THEN beat either the Lakers, the Spurs, the Jazz or maybe the Suns, however the seedings go? NO DOUBT? None. You have NO DOUBT?

You fancy yourself a pretty smart guy, but that might have been the dumbest post on NT in a looooooong time.

indifferent.gif

hornets? they just whupped the hornets right after teh all-star break (where the hornets had ONE DAY REST, just beat dallas, and coming off a surge fromthe all-star hosting) by 20 points. that team did have david west playing. and yes, they whup them by 20 pts (the lead was around 29 by the end of the3rd).

they haven't played the suns/spurs/jazz during this streak so i can't say. but they have a great chance. suns are not the same team as before wherethey did have a quickness advantage. jazz BARELY beat houston last yr playing 2 on 5. and this team matches up well w/ the spurs as well as any in theleague.

please, go watch the games.

they have just a good of a shot as anyone

its crazy, tmac was on the orlando magic and lost 19 (or was it 20?) straight and one that won 19 straight, lol

Originally Posted by nyk buc

nyk buc wrote

There's NO DOUBT that with Yao, they would get by either the Suns, or the Spurs, or the Jazz, or the Hornets in the first round, THEN beat either the Lakers, the Spurs, the Jazz or maybe the Suns, however the seedings go? NO DOUBT? None. You have NO DOUBT?

indifferent.gif

hornets? they just whupped the hornets right after teh all-star break (where the hornets had ONE DAY REST, just beat dallas, and coming off a surge from the all-star hosting) by 20 points. that team did have david west playing. and yes, they whup them by 20 pts (the lead was around 29 by the end of the 3rd).

they haven't played the suns/spurs/jazz during this streak so i can't say. but they have a great chance. suns are not the same team as before where they did have a quickness advantage. jazz BARELY beat houston last yr playing 2 on 5. and this team matches up well w/ the spurs as well as any in the league.

Ok, so based on your "logic" the fact that Houston won ONE game vs the Hornets, Rockets are better no doubt. And because they beat DallasONE time, they are better.

No wonder you guys can't get out of the first round. The playoffs are a SERIES of games, not just one.

And for the love of God, please do not ever say the Rockets match up well with the Spurs IN THE PLAYOFFS. Those guys treat the first round like the preseason,you guys plan for your vacations right after the first round is over. So please don't insult people with that garbage.

Your streak is nice, it's going to be remembered for a very long time. But don't act like it's the whole season and the rest of the gamesdon't matter. If there was NO DOUBT they would be in the WCF, then why were they 10th in the west when the streak started?

As you say, go watch some games.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by nyk buc

nyk buc wrote

indifferent.gif

hornets? they just whupped the hornets right after teh all-star break (where the hornets had ONE DAY REST, just beat dallas, and coming off a surge from the all-star hosting) by 20 points. that team did have david west playing. and yes, they whup them by 20 pts (the lead was around 29 by the end of the 3rd).

they haven't played the suns/spurs/jazz during this streak so i can't say. but they have a great chance. suns are not the same team as before where they did have a quickness advantage. jazz BARELY beat houston last yr playing 2 on 5. and this team matches up well w/ the spurs as well as any in the league.

Ok, so based on your "logic" the fact that Houston won ONE game vs the Hornets, Rockets are better no doubt. And because they beat Dallas ONE time, they are better.

No wonder you guys can't get out of the first round. The playoffs are a SERIES of games, not just one.

And for the love of God, please do not ever say the Rockets match up well with the Spurs IN THE PLAYOFFS. Those guys treat the first round like the preseason, you guys plan for your vacations right after the first round is over. So please don't insult people with that garbage.

Your streak is nice, it's going to be remembered for a very long time. But don't act like it's the whole season and the rest of the games don't matter. If there was NO DOUBT they would be in the WCF, then why were they 10th in the west when the streak started?

As you say, go watch some games.
smh.gif

GOOD POINT..!!!!!!

if they do end up with a top 4 seed i could see them getting into the second round. but no further than that. it depends on who they play too in that firstround if they can even get past that

the Jazz beat 3ockets without Yao before the streak

CP1708 is a lakers fan so give him a break. he doesnt keep up with other teams besides the lakers.

Originally Posted by franchise3

serious question.
COULD BEAT, in no order:

New Orleans: CP3 is a beast, but the Rockets have already beat them twice in the past 3 weeks by double digits. Plus, it's a lot of Hornets' first time in the playoffs, so, who knows how they react to being in the big show for the first time.

Dallas: Rockets destroyed them with the pick and roll. (Minus Dirk of course) But, just like how three years ago I thought the Rockets matched up well against the Mavs, I think they still match up well against them. Dallas for the most part, has Houston's number though..

GSW: Without Yao, the Rockets stand a better chance of beating GSW. GSW always gives Yao fits, and the Rockets waste too much shot clock trying to get him the ball. (Al Harriington fronting him) As a result, the Rockets get off bad shots with the shot clock running out.

Phoenix: They're a scary team. ......on paper. But until they start showing that they've gelled with Shaq, any team in the West has a shot of beating them.

Utah: Last year, it was Hayes, Juwan Howard, and Yao trying to contain Boozer. Boozer is too quick on his feet for Howard + Yao, and as a result, he killed us. And Boozer didn't have to guard Hayes, as he has no offense. Now the Rockets can roll out Hayes + Landry + Scola on Boozer, and hope for the best. And Houston would have home court on the Jazz, whereas the Jazz aren't that good a road team this year.

Denver: More like _enver. No D. And they're horrible on the road.

Theres no way they could play Golden State, although I wish they could so we could beat them.

Back
Top Bottom