Will T-Mac get past the First Round

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

roll.gif
Horry rode great players' coattails to championships, and he's had a better, more accomplished career than McGrady... STOP IT.

This is the most asinine, illogical argument I've ever read on this board.
He better win the first round this year.
Why? You act as if this will be the best chance he'll have ever had... If anything, this is going to be one of the most difficult. The West is better than ever, and Tracy is going into the playoffs down one big gun... If Yao were healthy, I'd agree with you. But without the big man, the Rockets are simply shorthanded and not as talented as most of the teams in the Western Conference playoff picture...

And everyone knows I'm not a big Tracy McGrady supporter. But Corey Maggette, Pau Gasol and Robert Horry? Good lord.

Maaaaaan, the list is growing. I DID NOT INCLUDE GASOL. Buc is the one that mentioned Horry, I elaborated from there. I made one off hand comment withMagette. And in a few hours the list will be everyone in the NBA past present and future.
roll.gif

As for Horry, you just made a worse statement then I ever did. Rode greatplayers coattails? Sure, he's played with the best. Shaq help him that shot vs Sac? Or the one that beat Portland. Or Duncan help him hit the shot tobeat Det? Or Dream help the shot go in the hole against Orld? No, no, no, and no. While they carried him there and contributed greatly of course, in theplayoffs, in crunch time, Robert Horry stepped up more than any player in NBA playoff history not named Mike or Reggie. Horry's buzzer beaters, clutchthree's, clutch moments could fill an entire wing in the hall of fame. So of course he won due to other great players, but as I said earlier, hedidn't just show up for the parade. He helped those SAME great players, get THEIR rings. ya dig?

nyk buc wrote:
so CP, who's better? KG or horry?
roll.gif

Are you asking me who the better player is (KG) or who has had the better career? (Horry)

It's just my opinion but it goes with what you want. Would you rather have the hall of fame numbers, or would you rather have a jewelry store full ofrings?

Some transcendent guys have both (MJ, Magic, Bird) but some can have only one. Bark, Malone, Stoc, Ewing.

Just depends on what you want. If it were me, I would rather have Big Shot Rob's career over KG. So far. KG could win two titles in Boston and headtowards the Duncan's and Shaq's of the world.

But to me, today, so far, Horry has the better career. If they showed a video of all the big moments in both their careers, KG would have a few highlightsfrom the one season they made the WCF. Horry's video would take half and hour to get thru.
roll.gif

Just my preference.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by JordansonDeck

Why are people gassing this Team so hard.. They Havent played anybody
3 teams over 500.

SMH at people really believing that Tmac will get past the 1st..

they have benefitted from great scheduling.

They will lose 5 of their next 8

indifferent.gif
Yeah, by the looks of your avy, you sound like another typical niketalk Kobe/Laker fan. Seeing as how you think Houston's schedule was WEAK, if you gave the Lakers' Houston's schedule, they would've only had a FOUR game winning streak since the start of Houston's streak seeing as how on the 5th game, they'd play Cle who has OWNED the Lakers the past 5 games. Well, no problem, let's start another streak for them right after? Oh wait, the Lakers lost to Atlanta too this year. Okay, moving along to the NEXT game. Oh wait, they JUST got THEIR streak SNAPPED by Portland. Should i go on?
eyes.gif

So easy to spot the haters when they try to discredit a 19 game winning streak.
smh.gif

Dumbest post ever....how'd the Cavs do after sweeping the season series against the Spurs? Don't worry I'll wait.......

Originally Posted by JsindaA

3 teams over 500.

indifferent.gif
Yeah, by the looks of your avy, you sound like another typical niketalk Kobe/Laker fan. Seeing as how you think Houston's schedule was WEAK, if you gave the Lakers' Houston's schedule, they would've only had a FOUR game winning streak since the start of Houston's streak seeing as how on the 5th game, they'd play Cle who has OWNED the Lakers the past 5 games. Well, no problem, let's start another streak for them right after? Oh wait, the Lakers lost to Atlanta too this year. Okay, moving along to the NEXT game. Oh wait, they JUST got THEIR streak SNAPPED by Portland. Should i go on?
eyes.gif

smh.gif

Dumbest post ever....how'd the Cavs do after sweeping the season series against the Spurs? Don't worry I'll wait.......
Yeah...same to you.
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
at you TOTALLY missing the point so i'm not even going to address yourlack of comprehension anymore.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Nevermind the fact that Horry has been surrounded by multiple great players everywhere he has gone...

In Houston he had Hakeem Olajuwon, Sam Cassell, Vernon Maxwell, Otis Thorpe in '94, Clyde Drexler in '95...
In Los Angeles he had Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, that whole damn squad...
In San Antonio he's had Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker...

Sure, he's hit his fair share of shots that have really helped the teams, but you're acting like Horry could come out and single-handedly carry a team to a championship.

And I'm probably one of Horry's biggest fans on this site (judging by the replies about Horry after last year's NBA Finals...).
EXACTLY!!

Originally Posted by JsindaA

3 teams over 500.

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

smh.gif

Yeah...same to you.
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
at you TOTALLY missing the point so i'm not even going to address your lack of comprehension anymore.

Not really...because by your logic just because the Lakers lost before if given the schedule they would lose again....my point is doesn't matter whatgames were won in the past. They certainly don't mean a guaranteed win or loss based on the last game. So what exactly am I not comprehending?

Back
Top Bottom