Will Yao Ming be in the Hall of Fame?

I was watching the Rockets play the Magic last night on TNT, and Van Gundy brought up the point that regardless of the games Yao has missed, he still thinks Yao is a Hall of Famer due to his impact of the game worldwide. Says Yao has more credentials than some of the guys in the HOF. Do you agree or disagree?
and i do realize it's Van Gundy saying this, but as a Rocket fan, i agree. kanye shrug

I was watching the Rockets play the Magic last night on TNT, and Van Gundy brought up the point that regardless of the games Yao has missed, he still thinks Yao is a Hall of Famer due to his impact of the game worldwide. Says Yao has more credentials than some of the guys in the HOF. Do you agree or disagree?
and i do realize it's Van Gundy saying this, but as a Rocket fan, i agree. kanye shrug

He still hasn't done enough in the NBA to solidify his spot in the HOF, plus his international career doesn't come near what Manu did. I say no.

He still hasn't done enough in the NBA to solidify his spot in the HOF, plus his international career doesn't come near what Manu did. I say no.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

What about his impact to the game of basketball? More Asian countries are aware of basketball now because of Yao. I think that deserves some recognition in the basketball  Hall of Fame.
"The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame honors exceptional basketball players, coaches,referees, executives, and other major contributors to the game."

He's contributed to the game of basketball if you ask me.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

What about his impact to the game of basketball? More Asian countries are aware of basketball now because of Yao. I think that deserves some recognition in the basketball  Hall of Fame.
"The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame honors exceptional basketball players, coaches,referees, executives, and other major contributors to the game."

He's contributed to the game of basketball if you ask me.

Yao should be in the HOF because he made basketball "relevant" to the countries in Asia.

Besides, there are a bunch of people who are in the HOF, but are not "deserving" to be in many of our minds.
ohwell.gif

Yao should be in the HOF because he made basketball "relevant" to the countries in Asia.

Besides, there are a bunch of people who are in the HOF, but are not "deserving" to be in many of our minds.
ohwell.gif

Yes.

While his NBA accomplishments wouldn't warrant it, especially given the time he's missed, his international impact will get him in.

Yes.

While his NBA accomplishments wouldn't warrant it, especially given the time he's missed, his international impact will get him in.

As long as they make sure that they it was NOT because of what he did in the NBA. Sometimes though I wish other sports had MLB-strict HOF.

As long as they make sure that they it was NOT because of what he did in the NBA. Sometimes though I wish other sports had MLB-strict HOF.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Yes.

Agreed, but he is still one of the top ten Centers ever.

Yes.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Yes.

?

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Yes.

?

From the moment he stepped foot on the court in Houston, he deserved a spot in the HOF.

From the moment he stepped foot on the court in Houston, he deserved a spot in the HOF.

Back
Top Bottom