William Shatner Interviews DC Sniper. Re-Airs on 8-1 on A & E @12pm

Richmond, Va.
Convicted DCsniper Lee Boyd Malvo tells actor William Shatner on a cable TV specialthat he and his partner tried to recruit fellow shooters for their 2002spree and that his accomplice killed one man for backing out, accordingto the program set for airing Thursday.

http://
Ina telephone call from a southwest Virginia prison, Malvo told Shatnertwo men planned to help with the killings but reneged. Malvo said JohnAllen Muhammad killed one of the men. Malvo did not identify them inthe interview for a show on the cable channel A&E.

Malvo'srevelation came in response to questions about claims by a psychiatristthat the duo had had co-conspirators. The psychiatrist, Neil Blumberg,who worked with Malvo before his trial, also said Malvo had confessedto more shootings in addition to the spree that terrorized theWashington region in 2002, when 13 people were hit and 10 of them died.

AnFBI spokeswoman did not immediately return a call seeking commentThursday. Malvo's lawyer during his trial, Timothy Sullivan, also didnot immediately return a call.

In the TV interview, Malvoinitially denies his psychiatrist's claims that he and Muhammad hadco-conspirators. Once pressured, he says someone in Arizona helped themget weapons and explosives, and a man in New York was supposed to helpthem get out of the country "when it's all said and done."

He said both later backed out of plans to help with the shootings.

"Therewas supposed to be three to four snipers with silenced weapons," saidMalvo, who was 17 at the time of the shootings. "In this way we coulddo a lot more damage along the entire Eastern Seaboard."

Blumbergsaid Malvo told him Muhammad made him shoot two of the co-conspiratorsonce they backed out of the plan. Malvo told Shatner only one of themen was killed, and that Muhammad did it.

Blumberg also saidMalvo told him there was a third co-conspirator who was supposed tohave joined them in Washington but did not. Malvo does not mention thatperson during the interview with Shatner.

The one-hour "Confessions of the DC Sniper with William Shatner: An Aftermath Special" premieres at 10 p.m. Thursday on A&E.

Previously,Malvo and Muhammad had been linked to as many as 27 shootings resultingin 17 deaths in 10 states and the District of Columbia.

Blumbergtold the show Malvo had confessed to him to at least 42 shootings. WhenShatner asked about the number of shootings, Malvo rattles off stateswhere he claims he and Muhammad shot people but doesn't give an exactnumber.

Malvo's statements have been inconsistent in the past,and authorities have cast doubt on some of his reported confessionssince he was sentenced to life in prison. Muhammad was executed inVirginia last year.

The sniper-style attacks all but paralyzedthe nation's capital, as people were shot at random while going abouttheir everyday life — pumping gas, buying groceries, and for one youngboy, as he went to school. The shooters used a high-powered rifle,firing from the trunk of a modified Chevy Caprice until they weretracked down at a Maryland rest stop.

Authorities involved withthe massive hunt and prosecution of the pair are reluctant to say howmany shootings they may have been involved in as they drove across thecountry to the nation's capital.

Before Muhammad was executedlast November, the prosecutor who put him on death row said it may beimpossible to ever know how many were killed. Malvo has only confessedto authorities in jurisdictions that promised not to prosecute him.

"I don't know that you can trust anything Malvo says," Prince William Commonwealth's Attorney Paul Ebert said.

Speakingon ABC's "Good Morning America" on Thursday, Shatner said he wasfascinated by Malvo's turnabout, "the fact that remorse creeps into hislife."

"He was a kid who was brainwashed. He was a malleableteenager and lacking love in his life," Shatner said. "John Muhammadsupplies the love and influences him to become a killer, and he becomesa cold-blooded killer at the age of 17. Now he's in jail and now hebegins the turmoil in his mind."

Malvo, now 25, said he has forgiven Muhammad, who at trial he accused of turning him into a "monster."

"Thisis going to be surprising, but I've had to forgive him in the same wayin which I've had to, over time, gradually forgive myself," Malvo said."...Every day I get up, somebody's wife, child, husband is not going tocome home tonight. There is nothing that I can say or ever do that willever change that fact.

"That is my constant reminder. Someoneelse cannot breathe for you. You can allow someone else to think foryou, and when you do these are the consequences."

Malvo, who lives in segregation at a maximum security prison, said he is filled with "hope and dread" for his future.

"It's a little bit of both," he said. "It's hope and dread because everything has to be repaid."

Richmond, Va.
Convicted DCsniper Lee Boyd Malvo tells actor William Shatner on a cable TV specialthat he and his partner tried to recruit fellow shooters for their 2002spree and that his accomplice killed one man for backing out, accordingto the program set for airing Thursday.

http://
Ina telephone call from a southwest Virginia prison, Malvo told Shatnertwo men planned to help with the killings but reneged. Malvo said JohnAllen Muhammad killed one of the men. Malvo did not identify them inthe interview for a show on the cable channel A&E.

Malvo'srevelation came in response to questions about claims by a psychiatristthat the duo had had co-conspirators. The psychiatrist, Neil Blumberg,who worked with Malvo before his trial, also said Malvo had confessedto more shootings in addition to the spree that terrorized theWashington region in 2002, when 13 people were hit and 10 of them died.

AnFBI spokeswoman did not immediately return a call seeking commentThursday. Malvo's lawyer during his trial, Timothy Sullivan, also didnot immediately return a call.

In the TV interview, Malvoinitially denies his psychiatrist's claims that he and Muhammad hadco-conspirators. Once pressured, he says someone in Arizona helped themget weapons and explosives, and a man in New York was supposed to helpthem get out of the country "when it's all said and done."

He said both later backed out of plans to help with the shootings.

"Therewas supposed to be three to four snipers with silenced weapons," saidMalvo, who was 17 at the time of the shootings. "In this way we coulddo a lot more damage along the entire Eastern Seaboard."

Blumbergsaid Malvo told him Muhammad made him shoot two of the co-conspiratorsonce they backed out of the plan. Malvo told Shatner only one of themen was killed, and that Muhammad did it.

Blumberg also saidMalvo told him there was a third co-conspirator who was supposed tohave joined them in Washington but did not. Malvo does not mention thatperson during the interview with Shatner.

The one-hour "Confessions of the DC Sniper with William Shatner: An Aftermath Special" premieres at 10 p.m. Thursday on A&E.

Previously,Malvo and Muhammad had been linked to as many as 27 shootings resultingin 17 deaths in 10 states and the District of Columbia.

Blumbergtold the show Malvo had confessed to him to at least 42 shootings. WhenShatner asked about the number of shootings, Malvo rattles off stateswhere he claims he and Muhammad shot people but doesn't give an exactnumber.

Malvo's statements have been inconsistent in the past,and authorities have cast doubt on some of his reported confessionssince he was sentenced to life in prison. Muhammad was executed inVirginia last year.

The sniper-style attacks all but paralyzedthe nation's capital, as people were shot at random while going abouttheir everyday life — pumping gas, buying groceries, and for one youngboy, as he went to school. The shooters used a high-powered rifle,firing from the trunk of a modified Chevy Caprice until they weretracked down at a Maryland rest stop.

Authorities involved withthe massive hunt and prosecution of the pair are reluctant to say howmany shootings they may have been involved in as they drove across thecountry to the nation's capital.

Before Muhammad was executedlast November, the prosecutor who put him on death row said it may beimpossible to ever know how many were killed. Malvo has only confessedto authorities in jurisdictions that promised not to prosecute him.

"I don't know that you can trust anything Malvo says," Prince William Commonwealth's Attorney Paul Ebert said.

Speakingon ABC's "Good Morning America" on Thursday, Shatner said he wasfascinated by Malvo's turnabout, "the fact that remorse creeps into hislife."

"He was a kid who was brainwashed. He was a malleableteenager and lacking love in his life," Shatner said. "John Muhammadsupplies the love and influences him to become a killer, and he becomesa cold-blooded killer at the age of 17. Now he's in jail and now hebegins the turmoil in his mind."

Malvo, now 25, said he has forgiven Muhammad, who at trial he accused of turning him into a "monster."

"Thisis going to be surprising, but I've had to forgive him in the same wayin which I've had to, over time, gradually forgive myself," Malvo said."...Every day I get up, somebody's wife, child, husband is not going tocome home tonight. There is nothing that I can say or ever do that willever change that fact.

"That is my constant reminder. Someoneelse cannot breathe for you. You can allow someone else to think foryou, and when you do these are the consequences."

Malvo, who lives in segregation at a maximum security prison, said he is filled with "hope and dread" for his future.

"It's a little bit of both," he said. "It's hope and dread because everything has to be repaid."

I suspect there were a ton more that weren't reported, for preventing further embarrassment. I was scared as hell to even play basketball in my driveway when this went on, MD/DC was a scaryyy place during that time period.

I suspect there were a ton more that weren't reported, for preventing further embarrassment. I was scared as hell to even play basketball in my driveway when this went on, MD/DC was a scaryyy place during that time period.

smh.gif
it was madness during that time period... my mother wouldn't even let us chill on the porch with the homies.

I pray nothing like that never happens again.

smh.gif
it was madness during that time period... my mother wouldn't even let us chill on the porch with the homies.

I pray nothing like that never happens again.

I saw this and caught last half of the show. Crazy, I must've forgot they executed Muhammad.

I saw this and caught last half of the show. Crazy, I must've forgot they executed Muhammad.

smh.gif
That #!$! was crazy.
After my HS let out for the day during all that madness,we would take our %@+!# STRAIGHT home!

smh.gif
That #!$! was crazy.
After my HS let out for the day during all that madness,we would take our %@+!# STRAIGHT home!

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

smh.gif
That #!$! was crazy.

yeah man n's couldn't even chill outside the school when we got out
smh.gif

sidenote: how suspect is it that they got caught while sleeping...?

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

smh.gif
That #!$! was crazy.

yeah man n's couldn't even chill outside the school when we got out
smh.gif

sidenote: how suspect is it that they got caught while sleeping...?

Pumping gas behind a tarp wasn't fun....

The killing at that Home Depot was less than 2 minutes from where my parents live.

Malvo & Muhammad were more than just partners in crime...the whole circumstance of their "relationship" was odd.

Pumping gas behind a tarp wasn't fun....

The killing at that Home Depot was less than 2 minutes from where my parents live.

Malvo & Muhammad were more than just partners in crime...the whole circumstance of their "relationship" was odd.

Back
Top Bottom