with 2020 is coming up, 2010's = meh decade? post memorable highlights.

When I was growing up white kids did not listen to rap and buy Jordans like they do now.

actually i think its da opposite..white kids used to rock Jordans
listening to heavy metal and rap was BIG in da suburbs when NWA and public enemy.

I will say that during this Decade, humans are now in a state of "subconscious performance."

I think most of us base our opinions in what is popular and what will pop the crowd.

We base our opinions on what will out us in the right light vs being genuine.

We are blatantly lying to ourselves and the public during this "Gotcha" period.

ZomboMeme 27092019114438.jpg

nah, granted im a lil older...but ive never done that...i March to da beat of my own drum, sometimes it synchs with whats da current vibes, right now? im nomad status.
Of course, there are plenty individuals still out there but the amount of morally dishonest conversations that we have these days is amazing.

Everybody here is getting older, and people tend to turn into grumpy ***** as they age, so this thread will be full of folks highlighting nothing but the bad instead of the good. I couldn't objectively say that an entire decade has been trash but with the election of Trump, the Me Too wave, and the PC era we're in, the last 4 years have been a little meh.

listening to heavy metal and rap was BIG in da suburbs when NWA and public enemy.
wr wr yeah, i'mma have to agree w/ him on the jordan aspect or just sneakers in general. for the most part it tends to be the east asians & white kids that tend to know what i have on my feet.
I will say that during this Decade, humans are now in a state of "subconscious performance."

I think most of us base our opinions in what is popular and what will pop the crowd.

We base our opinions on what will out us in the right light vs being genuine.

We are blatantly lying to ourselves and the public during this "Gotcha" period.

History has always proven this to be the case, and the role social media has played is making it harder to denounce. 1st world societies are progressively becoming somewhat of a Truman Show.

Basketballs wise, I would say LeBron going to Miami was the biggest story. Yea KD going to GSW was a big story too but LeBron was the originator. The start of THAT season was magical.

those 2 stick out because it was a heel turn... Celtics started that super team blueprint.

those 2 stick out because it was a heel turn... Celtics started that super team blueprint.
I consider the Celtics to be relative to The Rockets in the late 90s where you saw aging vets join forces. Sure, the Rockets were a little too late but I think the Celtics were mlre like that than the Heat.

But we know the Heat came tofether because of da Celtics. Yea.

Smartphones/mobile is the biggest thing that changed things this decade, yeah I know ppl will say the 1st iphone released in 2007 etc. but the end of the 2000s not everybody and their mom had a smartphone yet so for the most part in the 2000s ppl lived online when they got to their PC/computer and lived a life offline when they were outside, once everyone got smartphones and mobile developers really developed this ecosystem of Apps, everyone was always living their life online from the moment they wake up in the morning first thing they do is check their smart phone and before they sleep last thing they do is looking at their smartphone

I did grow up in the south. I think in NY and other big cities had more open folks back then.

In the early 2000s whites we're not on it like they are nowadays in the south. When I first got on NT around 04 I definitely was surprised by the demographics. It was always preached like Jordan's where a black people vice. Definitely saw the Hispanics in the hood as well wearing J's.
It was honestly a culture shock for me getting on nt.
5g society don't seem as cool as it did in the movies.

2020 is the future in all of our literature and movies.

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

stiviano-ap829208731147.jpg

decade peaked in 16
underrated post. The rise of Griselda records has been a great thing to see & hear AFAIK tho. The presidential election after the next should be interesting, I did not see The Donald coming at all TBH.

Back
Top Bottom