with 2020 is coming up, 2010's = meh decade? post memorable highlights.

Yep. I don't think people see how bad it's getting. It's about to be a đź’© show.

90s was the best decade of our lifetime... I think the 70s was the all time GOAT.
The 70’s was depressing, poor and dangerous...It’s not the GOAT of anything :lol:

I would say that if you had to time travel from today back to any point in history, that’s about as far back as you could go and still function without being totally lost

70s is like today. Opioid lane. 80s was that cocaine depression and 90s was the chronic.

90s >

The 70’s was depressing, poor and dangerous...It’s not the GOAT of anything :lol:

I would say that if you had to time travel from today back to any point in history, that’s about as far back as you could go and still function without being totally lost
Just curious as to how old you are.

70s was soooooo bad.... but hip-hop of the 90s, 2000s, and present sample all their music from the 70s.

Ya’ll SCARED of that pressure that’s about to come. Trust me. It’s finna be a grimey, war zone out here. Very very soon

1575956799268.gif

Whenever she starts looking flabby and sick is when I know I'm ****ing old as **** and something is wrong if I don't have my **** together :lol:

Name 3 things it changed please...

People doing videos in their grandma's kitchen

Solidified the ad lib and aggression centered style started with dudes like Gucci, Ross and Lil B; directly birthed styles of people like Carti

This song and that whole movement is what birthed commonplace phrases like thot, opps, savage, lacking/no lacking

Subconsciously ended all conscious/laid back/whatever u wanna call it music because now everyone has to have some type of 'hood'/street edge to them, since that record came out and that became what people looked at as representation of the youth (which guides everything in rap music)...Even ****** like Drake and Childish Gambino have gun bars. R&B singers have to be tough too.

Also probably the most direct father of mumble rap or whatever you wanna call it at this point; aside from Wayne, Future and Thug.

I’ll give you saying “ops” and all that, but everything you listed BEEN happening in the south. To keep it 100, Keef got his whole style from the south.

I’ll give you saying “ops” and all that, but everything you listed BEEN happening in the south. To keep it 100, Keef got his whole style from the south.

Part of me wants to say that Gucci/Flocka/etc. whoever u have in mind didn't kill off the "soft rappers" like Keef kinda did

But then I remember Flockavelli directing influencing songs like HAM and Illest MF Alive. So IDK, you gotta point but I still think Keef kinda shifted the entire zeitgeist at once to everyone having to have some aspect of that energy in their raps, while no artist from the south that you can bring up really did that. Gucci in 06-08 didn't change what Ye, early Drake or Lupe was doing.

Keef is definitely a direct Flocka/Gucci spawn tho lol.

Man I remember the first time I ever heard “don’t like”.

I was at a Gucci show, this was before Gucci was like he is now. It was straight grime time in there.

That song was hard af, especially hearing it through some club sound system that cost a couple hundred grand. I remember everyone going ham and not knowing who the hell Chief Keef was.

Gucci and waka shows used to be crazy as hell too. Waka is a genuinely nice dude, he’d be running through the crowd taking pics and asking to hit your weed. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom