With NIKE's NFL Deal...Does This Signal The End For Reebok??

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

When is Nike taking over? I was just about to buy a Nnamdi jersey but I think I might just wait now to hopefully cop at 50% **crosses fingers**

When is Nike taking over? I was just about to buy a Nnamdi jersey but I think I might just wait now to hopefully cop at 50% **crosses fingers**

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

Originally Posted by osubass1

A company does not need a league endorsment deal, in order to exist. What league does Asics sponsor? How about New Balance? Reebok has enough of a following outside of NIKETALK, in order to do well in business.

Do you guys ever look at anyone, or anything, that does not include a swoosh? Lemme hip you to something, if you did, you may find something quite refreshing!

the difference being that New Balance and Asics weren't recently purchased by a previous competitor.

i work for a hard drive company that purchased another one of our competitors in 2006. we kept their name a live for several years in an attempt to gain that market share.
we have recently killed that name and no longer make any drives with their logo on it. it was a strategic move to gain market share.

this reebok thing feels the same.

little by little, you'll see the vector disappear until it's all 3 stripes.

So I guess the same can be said for Converse then, correct?

haha converse was purchased by nike smart guy....converse is alive only because of nike and their chucks of course

Originally Posted by osubass1

A company does not need a league endorsment deal, in order to exist. What league does Asics sponsor? How about New Balance? Reebok has enough of a following outside of NIKETALK, in order to do well in business.

Do you guys ever look at anyone, or anything, that does not include a swoosh? Lemme hip you to something, if you did, you may find something quite refreshing!

the difference being that New Balance and Asics weren't recently purchased by a previous competitor.

i work for a hard drive company that purchased another one of our competitors in 2006. we kept their name a live for several years in an attempt to gain that market share.
we have recently killed that name and no longer make any drives with their logo on it. it was a strategic move to gain market share.

this reebok thing feels the same.

little by little, you'll see the vector disappear until it's all 3 stripes.

So I guess the same can be said for Converse then, correct?

haha converse was purchased by nike smart guy....converse is alive only because of nike and their chucks of course

Originally Posted by tokes99

eyes.gif

Theres always going to be a place for reeboks now, on the feet of millions of people in third world countries.

Theres always going to be a place for reeboks now, on the feet of millions of people in third world countries.

I think most of us are fairly committed to Nike for lack of a better word.

I like that Nat gives a different perspective and doesn't follow the hype.

It's a challenge to Nike to improve their materials, cost, quality... Most of us, myself included, fail to critique Nike because they have such a command of the economy.

If anything, I hope Nike does experience more competition because it will make them better. No?

I think most of us are fairly committed to Nike for lack of a better word.

I like that Nat gives a different perspective and doesn't follow the hype.

It's a challenge to Nike to improve their materials, cost, quality... Most of us, myself included, fail to critique Nike because they have such a command of the economy.

If anything, I hope Nike does experience more competition because it will make them better. No?

Back
Top Bottom