With NIKE's NFL Deal...Does This Signal The End For Reebok??

ninjahood wrote:
the SECOND chart applies to EVERYONE...if you took your eyeballs and focused them on da chart at hand, you would've SEEN

that genuis.
laugh.gif

Originally released in 1996, the Reebok Question is one of, if not the, best-selling Reebok sneakers ever created. Upon its release, the Reebok Question broke sales numbers for Reebok, allowing Reebok to sign A.I. to a long-term sneaker contract that is still active today. Allen Iverson broke ankles with his handles and broke necks with the Reebok Question, his first signature sneaker.

Top50_BBall_reebok-question.jpg

http://best.complex.com/lists/Top-50-Basketball-Sneakers-of-All-Time/reebok-question

you let me know when you ready to wave that white flag.
laugh.gif

and lemme laugh at you in advance if you think ANYTHING in adidas outsells its superstar shelltoe sneaker which is ALSO a RETRO.

Ehem.... one more time, where does the stats that you've posted, even suggest this,  

because retro sneakers is where da MAJORITY of da sneaker industry makes their paper at

It does not say this. So until you post something that will even hint at what you've stated, all of the bravado that you are suggesting, really is all for naught.

ninjahood wrote:
the SECOND chart applies to EVERYONE...if you took your eyeballs and focused them on da chart at hand, you would've SEEN

that genuis.
laugh.gif

Originally released in 1996, the Reebok Question is one of, if not the, best-selling Reebok sneakers ever created. Upon its release, the Reebok Question broke sales numbers for Reebok, allowing Reebok to sign A.I. to a long-term sneaker contract that is still active today. Allen Iverson broke ankles with his handles and broke necks with the Reebok Question, his first signature sneaker.

Top50_BBall_reebok-question.jpg

http://best.complex.com/lists/Top-50-Basketball-Sneakers-of-All-Time/reebok-question

you let me know when you ready to wave that white flag.
laugh.gif

and lemme laugh at you in advance if you think ANYTHING in adidas outsells its superstar shelltoe sneaker which is ALSO a RETRO.

Ehem.... one more time, where does the stats that you've posted, even suggest this,  

because retro sneakers is where da MAJORITY of da sneaker industry makes their paper at

It does not say this. So until you post something that will even hint at what you've stated, all of the bravado that you are suggesting, really is all for naught.

listen if u can't read that da MOST of reeboks best sellers were retros then i dunno what u tell you duke...seems u da slow type smell me?
laugh.gif

same applies to nike, same applies to adidas.

listen if u can't read that da MOST of reeboks best sellers were retros then i dunno what u tell you duke...seems u da slow type smell me?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif

No, that is not what it says, nor what you stated, you said,

I "smell" you, because you are simply full of it.  

There are many different variables when it come to the final tally, and "fashion" does not equate with "retro".

laugh.gif

There are many different variables when it come to the final tally, and "fashion" does not equate with "retro".

If I remember correctly while back it was much talk why Nike wasn't supporting the NFL or whatever instead Reebok. It was because there was no real money to be made in it. They wouldn't be making killings off of it and more trouble then worth. This was coming from very reputable ppl that use to be on here all the time. I haven't seen them on here in forever now. Yet Reebok loses the NFL contract it's the end for them. They lost the NFL they will go broke!? Skechers stays running?! All they make is CRAP!! What the hell do they sponsor. Why can't Reebok just go on about the way they are doing things. Too many ppl blinded by swoosh I guess and have such hate for Reebok. Reebok is no NIKE so quit trying to compare them to NIKE!!

If I remember correctly while back it was much talk why Nike wasn't supporting the NFL or whatever instead Reebok. It was because there was no real money to be made in it. They wouldn't be making killings off of it and more trouble then worth. This was coming from very reputable ppl that use to be on here all the time. I haven't seen them on here in forever now. Yet Reebok loses the NFL contract it's the end for them. They lost the NFL they will go broke!? Skechers stays running?! All they make is CRAP!! What the hell do they sponsor. Why can't Reebok just go on about the way they are doing things. Too many ppl blinded by swoosh I guess and have such hate for Reebok. Reebok is no NIKE so quit trying to compare them to NIKE!!

Originally Posted by mjvc

I think the NFL deal is a big win for NIKE now because when they lost it the first time UA was not as big a factor. Now they are, and this gives NIKE a great opportunity to really showcase their NIKE Pro Combat AND it keeps UA from getting the contract. Now when you see the NFL you will see that Pro Combat.

Not sure if you were talking about me in the last sentence of the post but I was not trying to compare NIKE and Reebok, I just was wondering how much people thought this would hurt Rebook. I think its a HUGE blow, others not so much. As I said in the OP i dont think they will go out of business but they will just fall more into obscurity.

Around here Reebok is not a player unless you are a 50 yr old grandmother. I will say the Easytone and ZigTech is helping but whether they can follow up on this remains to be seen.

Originally Posted by mjvc

I think the NFL deal is a big win for NIKE now because when they lost it the first time UA was not as big a factor. Now they are, and this gives NIKE a great opportunity to really showcase their NIKE Pro Combat AND it keeps UA from getting the contract. Now when you see the NFL you will see that Pro Combat.

Not sure if you were talking about me in the last sentence of the post but I was not trying to compare NIKE and Reebok, I just was wondering how much people thought this would hurt Rebook. I think its a HUGE blow, others not so much. As I said in the OP i dont think they will go out of business but they will just fall more into obscurity.

Around here Reebok is not a player unless you are a 50 yr old grandmother. I will say the Easytone and ZigTech is helping but whether they can follow up on this remains to be seen.

Originally Posted by 3onPar5

Around here Reebok is not a player unless you are a 50 yr old grandmother.   
2jwall1-398x600.jpg

50 year old grandmother?

19.jpg

50 year old grandmother?

index.gif

50 year old grandmother?

mayweather4.jpg

50 year old grand mother?

Helena-Christensen-naked-for-Reebok.jpeg

50 year old Grandmother?

Solebox-X-Reebok-Omni-Zone-Pump-1.jpg

Solebox-X-Reebok-Omni-Zone-Pump-2.jpg

Reebok is going to be just fine....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 3onPar5

Around here Reebok is not a player unless you are a 50 yr old grandmother.   
2jwall1-398x600.jpg

50 year old grandmother?

19.jpg

50 year old grandmother?

index.gif

50 year old grandmother?

mayweather4.jpg

50 year old grand mother?

Helena-Christensen-naked-for-Reebok.jpeg

50 year old Grandmother?

Solebox-X-Reebok-Omni-Zone-Pump-1.jpg

Solebox-X-Reebok-Omni-Zone-Pump-2.jpg

Reebok is going to be just fine....
laugh.gif

Ya know NAT I can match everyone you put up there with a NIKE athlete that would be more known than the guys/girls you put up there. And again you twist words. I said "around here" not Reebok "is only" relevant to 50 yr old grandmothers.

Ill take Kobe, Lebron, and Durant...Ill take Polamalu, Adrian Peterson, and Chris Johnson...Ill take Pac Man and Roy Jones (Jordan)...Ill take Serena and Sharapova... and Ill take the Air Force 1.

And "Run Easy"??? Ill take the "BOOM" campaign. Good Try though.

The conversation has been good but I am done with this thread. Because we are just going to go round and round. Nat you make good points as I think others do too but we just are gonna have to agree to disagree. You think Reebok will be fine, I think they may be in trouble. Only time will tell.

Ya know NAT I can match everyone you put up there with a NIKE athlete that would be more known than the guys/girls you put up there. And again you twist words. I said "around here" not Reebok "is only" relevant to 50 yr old grandmothers.

Ill take Kobe, Lebron, and Durant...Ill take Polamalu, Adrian Peterson, and Chris Johnson...Ill take Pac Man and Roy Jones (Jordan)...Ill take Serena and Sharapova... and Ill take the Air Force 1.

And "Run Easy"??? Ill take the "BOOM" campaign. Good Try though.

The conversation has been good but I am done with this thread. Because we are just going to go round and round. Nat you make good points as I think others do too but we just are gonna have to agree to disagree. You think Reebok will be fine, I think they may be in trouble. Only time will tell.

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

laugh.gif

prove it...cuz as far as im concerned i posted plenty of facts that back my claims.

Back
Top Bottom