With only two weeks left in the season who's the NFL MVP?

So Vick can read a defense, pick apart coverage and throw as good as Brady now ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... what in the world are you people talking about? as much as Vick has on Tom in legs, Tom has on Vick in the air ... a couple of bombs to desean jackson doesnt make you a better anything than Tom Brady lol ... this dude Vick has half this forum in a trance ...

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by Deuce King

can you explain why it's so obvious that it's vick? i'm not saying it's not vick, but clear cut? how so?

Dam champ, when Brady is involved you don't miss a beat do you??........
laugh.gif
.   As far as stats go.......

Brady
31 TD's
4 Ints.
3,561 yards passing
109.9 QB rating
14 games played
17 rushing yards
1 rushing TD's

Vick
20 TD's
5 Ints.
2,755 yards passing
103.6 QB rating
11 games played
613 rushing yards  
8 rushing TD's

The fact that Vick missed 3 games this season and has stats that are comparable to Brady speaks for itself.  Also, Vick not even being his team's starting QB at the beginning of the season and still leading his team to the record that have says alot as well.  I think alot of people, not just on here but in the media as well sort of overlook Vick rushing yards or the he is aTHREAT in that area as a quarterback, at least the MVP voters.  The traditional mindset is that a QB is suppose to pass only but Vick as well as others before him broke that mold.......or at least attempted to.  The problem is that alot of people still have that mentality that a "real" QB isn't suppose to run........according to their definition.  I've seen it happen with Randall Cunningham and I've seen it happen with my boy Steve Young.  Now I'm seeing it with Micheal Vick. At the end of the day for any and everyone saying that Brady is or should be the MVP ask yourself if you were a defender, doens't matter which position which QB between Brady and Vick would you have more problems with right now trying to defend??  Matter of fact just ask any defensive coordinator if you can and see what they tell you.
so you showed me statistically, brady is better (3 more games, but it is what it is)

What?
laugh.gif
Vick's only played in 10.5 games, and is producing about 305 yds of total offense and 2.7 TD's per game. Brady is producing 255 yds and 2.3 TD's per game. (Looking strictly at passing, Brady is averaging 254.4 YPG and Vick is averaging 250.9, a marginal difference). Brady has a higher completion percentage, but Vick has a higher YPA. So you're arguing that stats show Brady to be a better player because he's played in 3 more games? 
I think both guys deserve it. Nobody should be arguing that either guy clearly deserves it over the other IMO. 

can you explain why it's so obvious that it's vick? i'm not saying it's not vick, but clear cut? how so?

laugh.gif

Brady
31 TD's
4 Ints.
3,561 yards passing
109.9 QB rating
14 games played
17 rushing yards
1 rushing TD's

Vick
20 TD's
5 Ints.
2,755 yards passing
103.6 QB rating
11 games played
613 rushing yards  
8 rushing TD's

The fact that Vick missed 3 games this season and has stats that are comparable to Brady speaks for itself.  Also, Vick not even being his team's starting QB at the beginning of the season and still leading his team to the record that have says alot as well.  I think alot of people, not just on here but in the media as well sort of overlook Vick rushing yards or the he is aTHREAT in that area as a quarterback, at least the MVP voters.  The traditional mindset is that a QB is suppose to pass only but Vick as well as others before him broke that mold.......or at least attempted to.  The problem is that alot of people still have that mentality that a "real" QB isn't suppose to run........according to their definition.  I've seen it happen with Randall Cunningham and I've seen it happen with my boy Steve Young.  Now I'm seeing it with Micheal Vick. At the end of the day for any and everyone saying that Brady is or should be the MVP ask yourself if you were a defender, doens't matter which position which QB between Brady and Vick would you have more problems with right now trying to defend??  Matter of fact just ask any defensive coordinator if you can and see what they tell you.
so you showed me statistically, brady is better (3 more games, but it is what it is)

What?
laugh.gif
Vick's only played in 10.5 games, and is producing about 305 yds of total offense and 2.7 TD's per game. Brady is producing 255 yds and 2.3 TD's per game. (Looking strictly at passing, Brady is averaging 254.4 YPG and Vick is averaging 250.9, a marginal difference). Brady has a higher completion percentage, but Vick has a higher YPA. So you're arguing that stats show Brady to be a better player because he's played in 3 more games? 
I think both guys deserve it. Nobody should be arguing that either guy clearly deserves it over the other IMO. 

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

as much as Vick has on Tom in legs, Tom has on Vick in the air ... a couple of bombs to desean jackson doesnt make you a better anything than Tom Brady
I agree w/ you in theory. Vick had made strides in throwing, but he's not on that Brady level of read/recognition @ the moment. But I think you understate the difference between the difference between Brady and Vick via their legs. There are there are elite throws that Brady can make that Vick can as well. There are runs that Vick makes that Brady would have 0% of a chance to make. The difference between Brady & Vick in the air is not nearly as large as the difference between the two on the ground.

My vote for MVP = Tom Brady
DPOY = Cameron Wake

as much as Vick has on Tom in legs, Tom has on Vick in the air ... a couple of bombs to desean jackson doesnt make you a better anything than Tom Brady
I agree w/ you in theory. Vick had made strides in throwing, but he's not on that Brady level of read/recognition @ the moment. But I think you understate the difference between the difference between Brady and Vick via their legs. There are there are elite throws that Brady can make that Vick can as well. There are runs that Vick makes that Brady would have 0% of a chance to make. The difference between Brady & Vick in the air is not nearly as large as the difference between the two on the ground.

DPOY = Cameron Wake

So Vick can read a defense, pick apart coverage and throw as good as Brady now ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... what in the world are you people talking about? as much as Vick has on Tom in legs, Tom has on Vick in the air ... a couple of bombs to desean jackson doesnt make you a better anything than Tom Brady lol ... this dude Vick has half this forum in a trance ...

happy.gif

Tere's only two stats you should look at when judging a QB: completion % and TD% ratio ... if you are above 63% and 5.0% you are elite ...

The way i look at it is this ... if you complete a high % of your passes, but dont throw the ball down the field, you wont be a starting quarterback for very long ... if you dont throw touchdowns, you wont be a starting quarterback for very long ... if you throw too many piks as compared to attempts, you wont be a starting quarterback for very long ... 

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Year[/td][td]Team[/td][td]G[/td][td]Att[/td][td]Comp[/td][td]Pct[/td][td]Att/G[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Yds/G[/td][td]TD[/td][td]TD%[/td][td]Int[/td][td]Int%[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]20+[/td][td]40+[/td][td]Sck[/td][td]SckY[/td][td]Rate[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]Philadelphia Eagles[/td][td]11[/td][td]329[/td][td]208[/td][td]63.2[/td][td]29.9[/td][td]2,755[/td][td]8.4[/td][td]250.5[/td][td]20[/td][td]6.1[/td][td]5[/td][td]1.5[/td][td]91T[/td][td]44[/td][td]12[/td][td]28[/td][td]171[/td][td]103.6[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]

According to your interpretation Vick is an elite QB this year.

happy.gif

Tere's only two stats you should look at when judging a QB: completion % and TD% ratio ... if you are above 63% and 5.0% you are elite ...

The way i look at it is this ... if you complete a high % of your passes, but dont throw the ball down the field, you wont be a starting quarterback for very long ... if you dont throw touchdowns, you wont be a starting quarterback for very long ... if you throw too many piks as compared to attempts, you wont be a starting quarterback for very long ... 

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Year[/td][td]Team[/td][td]G[/td][td]Att[/td][td]Comp[/td][td]Pct[/td][td]Att/G[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Yds/G[/td][td]TD[/td][td]TD%[/td][td]Int[/td][td]Int%[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]20+[/td][td]40+[/td][td]Sck[/td][td]SckY[/td][td]Rate[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]Philadelphia Eagles[/td][td]11[/td][td]329[/td][td]208[/td][td]63.2[/td][td]29.9[/td][td]2,755[/td][td]8.4[/td][td]250.5[/td][td]20[/td][td]6.1[/td][td]5[/td][td]1.5[/td][td]91T[/td][td]44[/td][td]12[/td][td]28[/td][td]171[/td][td]103.6[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by dreClark

DPOY = Cameron Wake

Exactly.

Originally Posted by dreClark

DPOY = Cameron Wake

Exactly.

NFL MVP- Brady ( and im a steelers fan...) but its close, reaall close

OFFENSIVE POY- MICHAEL VICK

DEFENSIVE POY- candidates are POLAMALU (not playing the last 3 games will hurt but he made a HUGE impact this year and everyone knows what kind of player he is..plus he's popular among the voters) Wake, Peppers, Matthews

NFL MVP- Brady ( and im a steelers fan...) but its close, reaall close

OFFENSIVE POY- MICHAEL VICK

DEFENSIVE POY- candidates are POLAMALU (not playing the last 3 games will hurt but he made a HUGE impact this year and everyone knows what kind of player he is..plus he's popular among the voters) Wake, Peppers, Matthews

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

laugh.gif

Brady
31 TD's
4 Ints.
3,561 yards passing
109.9 QB rating
14 games played
17 rushing yards
1 rushing TD's

Vick
20 TD's
5 Ints.
2,755 yards passing
103.6 QB rating
11 games played
613 rushing yards  
8 rushing TD's

What?
laugh.gif
im not saying brady is the better player or deserves it more. im saying there isn't a clear cut winner at this point, that's all.

and the whole playing less games argument assumes vick will maintain his numbers playing just as many games. it ASSUMES. the fact is he's played less games. he's performed at a very high level, but for fewer games.

the league's most efficient and winning QB this year is doing it with a bunch of undrafted FAs and rookies. he's doing it against the best defenses in the league. and his team is poised to lock up a number one seed with one more win. that's pretty much the argument for brady, in addition to his statistics.

and again, im not saying it's hands down brady. i'm saying it's VERY debateable who is MVP.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

laugh.gif

Brady
31 TD's
4 Ints.
3,561 yards passing
109.9 QB rating
14 games played
17 rushing yards
1 rushing TD's

Vick
20 TD's
5 Ints.
2,755 yards passing
103.6 QB rating
11 games played
613 rushing yards  
8 rushing TD's

What?
laugh.gif
im not saying brady is the better player or deserves it more. im saying there isn't a clear cut winner at this point, that's all.

and the whole playing less games argument assumes vick will maintain his numbers playing just as many games. it ASSUMES. the fact is he's played less games. he's performed at a very high level, but for fewer games.

the league's most efficient and winning QB this year is doing it with a bunch of undrafted FAs and rookies. he's doing it against the best defenses in the league. and his team is poised to lock up a number one seed with one more win. that's pretty much the argument for brady, in addition to his statistics.

and again, im not saying it's hands down brady. i'm saying it's VERY debateable who is MVP.

Originally Posted by EvansST

happy.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

and what is your point? Tom Brady is a better quarterback and the MVP of the league, has nothing to do with who is elite or not because they are obviously both elite this year ... if you are trying to tell me Vick is an elite quarterback for his career then yes i have a problem ...

i believe the context of the thread you pulled my quotes from pertained to career stats ... at any given point over a 10 game span there have been quarterbacks who put up "elite" numbers ... but Vick is a career 50% completion percentage passer
roll.gif

happy.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

and what is your point? Tom Brady is a better quarterback and the MVP of the league, has nothing to do with who is elite or not because they are obviously both elite this year ... if you are trying to tell me Vick is an elite quarterback for his career then yes i have a problem ...

i believe the context of the thread you pulled my quotes from pertained to career stats ... at any given point over a 10 game span there have been quarterbacks who put up "elite" numbers ... but Vick is a career 50% completion percentage passer
roll.gif

I'm going to say Vick wins it.
And a pissed off Brady starts DESTROYING teams in the playoffs.
Eff you mode...
That's what I hope happens..

-J-

I'm going to say Vick wins it.
And a pissed off Brady starts DESTROYING teams in the playoffs.
Eff you mode...
That's what I hope happens..

-J-

happy.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

I did include the phrase "this year" in my argument though.  

happy.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

I did include the phrase "this year" in my argument though.  

Originally Posted by 35KD

Originally Posted by Down By Law

Brady will win it and a lot of you guys are going to be upset when they reveal the voting too. I don't think Vick will get nearly as many votes as a lot of people are thinking.
*looks at sig*

.....anyways...
Me being a Patriots fan has nothing to do with it. Vick isn't going to win the MVP, mark my words.

Originally Posted by 35KD

Originally Posted by Down By Law

Brady will win it and a lot of you guys are going to be upset when they reveal the voting too. I don't think Vick will get nearly as many votes as a lot of people are thinking.
*looks at sig*

.....anyways...
Me being a Patriots fan has nothing to do with it. Vick isn't going to win the MVP, mark my words.

Back
Top Bottom