With only two weeks left in the season who's the NFL MVP?

Originally Posted by hymen man

Originally Posted by Buc Em

If we pulled out either of those games against the Falcons and beat Detroit last week I'd say Freeman would be right there with Brady and Vick.

calm-down.jpg

If the Seahawks were undefeated then Charlie Whitehurst's hair would be right up there with Brady and Vick in the MVP voting....

If the Seahawks were undefeated then Charlie Whitehurst's hair would be right up there with Brady and Vick in the MVP voting....

Vick is having an unbelievable season but he's only won 8 games so far (compared to 12 by Brady) and then look at the teams Brady has beaten:
-Cincy (playoff team last year)
-Baltimore
-SD
-Vikings (playoff team last year)
-Pittsburgh
-Indy
-Jets
-Chicago
-Green Bay

That's 9 teams that either made the playoffs last year or are good teams this year and its even more impressive when you consider they easily defeated some of those teams thanks in large part to Brady. Vick will get some 1st place votes but he will likely finish 2nd in voting behind Brady.

Vick is having an unbelievable season but he's only won 8 games so far (compared to 12 by Brady) and then look at the teams Brady has beaten:
-Cincy (playoff team last year)
-Baltimore
-SD
-Vikings (playoff team last year)
-Pittsburgh
-Indy
-Jets
-Chicago
-Green Bay

That's 9 teams that either made the playoffs last year or are good teams this year and its even more impressive when you consider they easily defeated some of those teams thanks in large part to Brady. Vick will get some 1st place votes but he will likely finish 2nd in voting behind Brady.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

If we pulled out either of those games against the Falcons and beat Detroit last week I'd say Freeman would be right there with Brady and Vick.

calm-down.jpg
images

phillip rivers and matt cassel are just two names ahead of josh freeman in MVP voting...but thanks for coming out and playing

What puts Matt Cassel above Josh Freeman? We got stopped in the redzone twice this season the last play of the game against the Falcons who are supposed to be the NFC's best team. Both games we should have pulled out. If we won either of those and beat the Lions last week with our third string defense out there we would have been 10-4 right now, after being 3-13 last year. Freeman is in his second year throwing to two rookies with an undrafted rookie runningback behind him and only one starter left on his offensive line. He's the unquestioned leader of the youngest team in the league in just his second season. He certainly deserves some type of consideration.

calm-down.jpg
images

phillip rivers and matt cassel are just two names ahead of josh freeman in MVP voting...but thanks for coming out and playing

What puts Matt Cassel above Josh Freeman? We got stopped in the redzone twice this season the last play of the game against the Falcons who are supposed to be the NFC's best team. Both games we should have pulled out. If we won either of those and beat the Lions last week with our third string defense out there we would have been 10-4 right now, after being 3-13 last year. Freeman is in his second year throwing to two rookies with an undrafted rookie runningback behind him and only one starter left on his offensive line. He's the unquestioned leader of the youngest team in the league in just his second season. He certainly deserves some type of consideration.

calm-down.jpg
images

What puts Matt Cassel above Josh Freeman? We got stopped in the redzone twice this season the last play of the game against the Falcons who are supposed to be the NFC's best team. Both games we should have pulled out. If we won either of those and if we beat the Lions last week with our third string defense out there we would have been 10-4 right now, after being 3-13 last year. Freeman is in his second year throwing to two rookies with an undrafted rookie runningback behind him and only one starter left on his offensive line. He's the unquestioned leader of the youngest team in the league in just his second season. He certainly deserves some type of consideration.
any questions?

not saying he isn't doing an excellent job down there. but theres a lot of ifs down there. cassel's team has more wins, he's thrown more TDs, he has a higher rating, less INTs. his team is in right now, while freeman is looking in...as of right now, of course. again, it's a lot if this and shoulda woulda coulda with freeman.

calm-down.jpg
images

What puts Matt Cassel above Josh Freeman? We got stopped in the redzone twice this season the last play of the game against the Falcons who are supposed to be the NFC's best team. Both games we should have pulled out. If we won either of those and if we beat the Lions last week with our third string defense out there we would have been 10-4 right now, after being 3-13 last year. Freeman is in his second year throwing to two rookies with an undrafted rookie runningback behind him and only one starter left on his offensive line. He's the unquestioned leader of the youngest team in the league in just his second season. He certainly deserves some type of consideration.
any questions?

not saying he isn't doing an excellent job down there. but theres a lot of ifs down there. cassel's team has more wins, he's thrown more TDs, he has a higher rating, less INTs. his team is in right now, while freeman is looking in...as of right now, of course. again, it's a lot if this and shoulda woulda coulda with freeman.

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

You can make an argument for either Brady or Vick. I think they should be co-MVPs
This is how I feel.  Both are playing incredible ball in different ways.  I have to say tho...this argument that Brady is playing with trash, and Vick is playing with superstars...
grin.gif

If I recall, not a single analyst picked the Eagles to even so much as sniff the playoffs.  In fact, many picked them dead last in the NFC East.  So clearly their explosiveness wasn't deemed as being game changing enough for them to win any games with Kolb as the QB.  And Kolb is not a bad QB.  Now you enter Vick into the equation, and they are suddenly his superstar cast, and Brady is playing with scrubs
indifferent.gif
.  Not hardly the case.  Not to mention that his offensive line is >>> the Eagles line.  I've heard people say..."give Brady the Eagles squad wit DJax, Maclin, and Shady 
eek.gif
."  Well with that O-line...if Brady had that squad, he still ends up like Superbowl XLII. On the ground.

Point being...they both have benefits from playing on the teams they play on, and they both are executing at a rate that is just 
sick.gif

They both should win.  

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

You can make an argument for either Brady or Vick. I think they should be co-MVPs
This is how I feel.  Both are playing incredible ball in different ways.  I have to say tho...this argument that Brady is playing with trash, and Vick is playing with superstars...
grin.gif

If I recall, not a single analyst picked the Eagles to even so much as sniff the playoffs.  In fact, many picked them dead last in the NFC East.  So clearly their explosiveness wasn't deemed as being game changing enough for them to win any games with Kolb as the QB.  And Kolb is not a bad QB.  Now you enter Vick into the equation, and they are suddenly his superstar cast, and Brady is playing with scrubs
indifferent.gif
.  Not hardly the case.  Not to mention that his offensive line is >>> the Eagles line.  I've heard people say..."give Brady the Eagles squad wit DJax, Maclin, and Shady 
eek.gif
."  Well with that O-line...if Brady had that squad, he still ends up like Superbowl XLII. On the ground.

Point being...they both have benefits from playing on the teams they play on, and they both are executing at a rate that is just 
sick.gif

They both should win.  

Brady, but if I were an opposing coach, Vick is the last guy in the world i'd want to play against right now.

Imagine if Kolb didnt get nailed and had an okay year.
laugh.gif

Brady, but if I were an opposing coach, Vick is the last guy in the world i'd want to play against right now.

Imagine if Kolb didnt get nailed and had an okay year.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom