with the emergence of NBA cities like OKC and Memphis..

If im not mistaken didn't Seattle and Washington government screw up by taking a cop out deal allowing them to move?

If im not mistaken didn't Seattle and Washington government screw up by taking a cop out deal allowing them to move?

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Son,
Puerto Rico. Yes I'm serious.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Well Memphis is a traditional basketball city. For a small market, we produce alot of high level talent and Univ of Memphis basketball was top
10 in attendance for awhile and still are (i think). Fans here just want a team they can get behind and this current team is it.

They rep the city and fans will support it. Previous teams didnt. I wouldnt be surprised to see a huge jump in attendance next season.

Well Memphis is a traditional basketball city. For a small market, we produce alot of high level talent and Univ of Memphis basketball was top
10 in attendance for awhile and still are (i think). Fans here just want a team they can get behind and this current team is it.

They rep the city and fans will support it. Previous teams didnt. I wouldnt be surprised to see a huge jump in attendance next season.

Originally Posted by Thunderup35

Like i said before, in 08-09 OKC started the season 3-27 and their crowds didn't waiver. During the 2 seasons from 2005-2007 when the Hornets relocated to OKC is really when this city came together and made it's case as an NBA gold mine. Keep in mind, the Hornets suffered a losing record during each of those two seasons. Since that time, the Hornets have settled back into New Orleans. In 2006 while in OKC, they finished the season 11th in attendance while just this last year they finished 5th worst. 5th worst attendance for a team that made the playoffs!!

So far in the 5 combined NBA seasons in OKC (3 losing records and 2 winning records) the fans have showed their full support through the highs and lows.
eyes.gif

Of course the attendance is going to be high no matter what the record is especially if you're bringing a NEW basketball team to a place like Oklahoma. @#$# else would you do then want to watch a brand new team???? If the Sonics relocated anywhere the attendance would have been high regardless of where they went ESPECIALLY with young and exciting players such as Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Green while he was still on the team. Who would not want to watch that team?

Go sit down with your "Oklahoma fans are so loyal, we've supported them from Day 1" @#$# @#$#@ 
indifferent.gif

Like i said before, in 08-09 OKC started the season 3-27 and their crowds didn't waiver. During the 2 seasons from 2005-2007 when the Hornets relocated to OKC is really when this city came together and made it's case as an NBA gold mine. Keep in mind, the Hornets suffered a losing record during each of those two seasons. Since that time, the Hornets have settled back into New Orleans. In 2006 while in OKC, they finished the season 11th in attendance while just this last year they finished 5th worst. 5th worst attendance for a team that made the playoffs!!

So far in the 5 combined NBA seasons in OKC (3 losing records and 2 winning records) the fans have showed their full support through the highs and lows.
eyes.gif

Of course the attendance is going to be high no matter what the record is especially if you're bringing a NEW basketball team to a place like Oklahoma. @#$# else would you do then want to watch a brand new team???? If the Sonics relocated anywhere the attendance would have been high regardless of where they went ESPECIALLY with young and exciting players such as Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Green while he was still on the team. Who would not want to watch that team?

Go sit down with your "Oklahoma fans are so loyal, we've supported them from Day 1" @#$# @#$#@ 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

Nah, they refused to build an arena. Clay Bennett bought the team with all intentions to move the team, but the NBA and the terms of his deal was to make a "good faith effort" to keep the team in Seattle. So his proposal was that he wanted an arena, was going to cost 500million IIRC, since the NBA/Stern had been unsatisfied with Key Arena which was built in 95 and lacked the amount of luxury suites/high dollar seats/restaurants. Also, their attendance in the last season was only 14k which is only 78% when you're talking about an 18k arena. Despite the fact they had just built homes for 2 other sports teams, Seattle decided against the tax funded arena deal which then freed Bennett to move the team.

Conversely, OKC already had the Ford Center (now just the OKC Arena) and agreed to take on the tax burden of improving the arena, not to mention did/does better attendance #s.
Warriors in the top ten
pimp.gif
but how is Cleveland number 3 on the list.
eek.gif

LeBron James, Early season ticket renewals, non refundable

Originally Posted by Statis22

Nah, they refused to build an arena. Clay Bennett bought the team with all intentions to move the team, but the NBA and the terms of his deal was to make a "good faith effort" to keep the team in Seattle. So his proposal was that he wanted an arena, was going to cost 500million IIRC, since the NBA/Stern had been unsatisfied with Key Arena which was built in 95 and lacked the amount of luxury suites/high dollar seats/restaurants. Also, their attendance in the last season was only 14k which is only 78% when you're talking about an 18k arena. Despite the fact they had just built homes for 2 other sports teams, Seattle decided against the tax funded arena deal which then freed Bennett to move the team.

Conversely, OKC already had the Ford Center (now just the OKC Arena) and agreed to take on the tax burden of improving the arena, not to mention did/does better attendance #s.
Warriors in the top ten
pimp.gif
but how is Cleveland number 3 on the list.
eek.gif

LeBron James, Early season ticket renewals, non refundable

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

eyes.gif

indifferent.gif
34514b5b4b8f83919.gif

Exactly. OKC dudes are acting like they not only got an NBA franchise but they also inherited a very promising team...get out of here with that nonsense about how great the fans have been.

People support teams who do well. Period. You guys were just lucky that the "bad times" occurred when the team just got there and people wanted to catch NBA regardless of the team winning or not.

eyes.gif

indifferent.gif
34514b5b4b8f83919.gif

Exactly. OKC dudes are acting like they not only got an NBA franchise but they also inherited a very promising team...get out of here with that nonsense about how great the fans have been.

People support teams who do well. Period. You guys were just lucky that the "bad times" occurred when the team just got there and people wanted to catch NBA regardless of the team winning or not.

eyes.gif

indifferent.gif
Well y'all's *!!$$ didn't come out to see KD his rookie season in Seattle, with young guys also like Chris Wilcox, Robert Swift, Desmond Mason (still lives in OKC, sells his art). SO go sit your, "give us our team back, even though we don't sell out, the arena is old and we won't build a new one but every other team in the city can have one, going to be bitter for the rest of your lives, 71 clear days in a yr #*@ down."

I guess there's just SOOOOO much to do in Seattle that they couldn't be bothered with supporting the Sonics late in their tenure there. Although it seems like now all you guys do is $+*** about the Thunder and OKC and Shultz.

eyes.gif

indifferent.gif
Well y'all's *!!$$ didn't come out to see KD his rookie season in Seattle, with young guys also like Chris Wilcox, Robert Swift, Desmond Mason (still lives in OKC, sells his art). SO go sit your, "give us our team back, even though we don't sell out, the arena is old and we won't build a new one but every other team in the city can have one, going to be bitter for the rest of your lives, 71 clear days in a yr #*@ down."

I guess there's just SOOOOO much to do in Seattle that they couldn't be bothered with supporting the Sonics late in their tenure there. Although it seems like now all you guys do is $+*** about the Thunder and OKC and Shultz.

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

eyes.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

I'm not going to go down the road in explaining why the Sonics weren't given public financing to build a stadium after we spent so much to remodel it a few years prior, but did you really throw Robert freaking Swift's name in there!?

You sir are trolling.

eyes.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

I'm not going to go down the road in explaining why the Sonics weren't given public financing to build a stadium after we spent so much to remodel it a few years prior, but did you really throw Robert freaking Swift's name in there!?

You sir are trolling.

People always call you a troll when they run out of or don't have any argument. If you don't like Swift, replace his name with Delonte West, Earl Watson, Jeff Green, Saer Sane (who I thought with his wingspan and athleticism would have done more, hell something in the L).

You already financed 2 other homes for sports teams and didn't want to take on the tax burden of another and not share in any of the profits. That's fine. OKC ,however, stepped up and did. So Bennett took his ball and bounced.

I can't wait til the Thunder and/or the Mavericks leave though. I'm going to be just like the Sonicsgate dude is and rally/manipulate the sorrow of all the other fans to use for my own benefit. Cats literally take up a collection to fly him to games to sit courtside and wear Sonics gear and signs and make an ### of himself to get on tv. I probably won't troll fans of the other team/city on multiple message boards all across the web with corny insults like he does, but I'd love to get other people to pay for me to sit courtside all the time and fly all over the country.

People always call you a troll when they run out of or don't have any argument. If you don't like Swift, replace his name with Delonte West, Earl Watson, Jeff Green, Saer Sane (who I thought with his wingspan and athleticism would have done more, hell something in the L).

You already financed 2 other homes for sports teams and didn't want to take on the tax burden of another and not share in any of the profits. That's fine. OKC ,however, stepped up and did. So Bennett took his ball and bounced.

I can't wait til the Thunder and/or the Mavericks leave though. I'm going to be just like the Sonicsgate dude is and rally/manipulate the sorrow of all the other fans to use for my own benefit. Cats literally take up a collection to fly him to games to sit courtside and wear Sonics gear and signs and make an ### of himself to get on tv. I probably won't troll fans of the other team/city on multiple message boards all across the web with corny insults like he does, but I'd love to get other people to pay for me to sit courtside all the time and fly all over the country.

Go take a seat you clown. We all already know you're that troll Dwele al whatever. Punk @#$ 

Back
Top Bottom