Woman falsely accuses man of rape Vol. Signed by the ATL Falcons!

Thursday, May 24, 2012
Brian Banks' rape conviction vacated

Associated Press

LONG BEACH, Calif. -- A former high school football star whose dreams of a pro career were shattered by a rape conviction burst into tears Thursday as a judge threw out the charge that sent him to prison for more than five years.

Brian Banks, now 26, pleaded no contest 10 years ago on the advice of his lawyer after a childhood friend falsely accused him of attacking her on their high school campus.

In a strange turn of events, the woman, Wanetta Gibson, friended him on Facebook when he got out of prison.

It's been a struggle. But I'm unbroken and I'm still here today.

Last edited:
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

that chick deserves to really get raped.

your cliffs are a little on the safe side, here is the real cliffs (taken from another forum)

- girl cries rape
- Dude had verbal agreement to join NFL (life set)
- Dude lost out and did 5 years hard time
- girl pocketed 1.5mil
- girl approached dude essentially for HER OWN closure
- Does not want to return payout

But she refused to repeat the story to prosecutors because she feared she would have to return a $1.5 million payment from a civil suit brought by her mother against Long Beach schools.

During a second meeting that was secretly videotaped, she told Banks, "'I will go through with helping you but it's like at the same time all that money they gave us, I mean gave me, I don't want to have to pay it back," according to a defense investigator who was at the meeting.

raggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeee

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

What she did was foul and she should be severely punished--jail time + compensating her victim, etc--but to advocate that she get raped is O.D...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

if ever tehre was a woman that deserved rape, its this one.

@RustyShackelford - nice avi.  that low single reminds me of Randy Couture taking down James Toney.

I would have to call up some real hood females that I know to take care of this. Im pretty sure if he even looked at her wrong he would be back in jail....times like this is when you call up the hood boog goons

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

What does knowingly accuse man of rape mean?

Are you serious or no?
Totally Srs....

If you accuse someone of rape, then you knowingly did it?

That's like saying man knowingly eats cheeseburger for lunch.

Sad story tho... she ruined dude's life... She wouldn't be alive to enjoy the rest of those M's if that was me.

Can he sue her and the courts? Like how she sued the school district?

This gets me angry for a number of reasons, but mostly that this girl received a large sum of money and was sitting pretty
all the while this poor guy (who had a full ride to USC) was sitting in prison and had 5 years of his life/prime taken away.
Then she has the audacity to say she wont admit it in court because she doesn't want to give the money back!

If the parent's of that slob of a person had any morals they'd give what's left of the money to the guy and never speak to their "daughter" again.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

she should at least have to pay the money back or do 5 years like he did 

I'd think that he'd be entitled to some restitution and punitive damages. He's a very strong minded guy, not to have killed himself over this, or allow it to break him.

Honestly, I'd probably kill her and with no remorse after she said she aint telling prosecutors cuz she wants to keep the money.

I'm just about leaning towards capital punishment for ppl who lie about things like this and get innocent victims to do hard time and they get off scott free after the truth is revealed. It'd show a crystal clear message too ppl who think they can pull this %+!%. Where is the accountability in our legal system for heinous reprehensible acts like this? I mean she clearly planned this, her comments afterward shows clear intent and a lack of guilt. She at the very least should be doing the same time as he did if not more.

Dude was a fool for following his lawyer's advice when he knew he didn't do it. Probably not smart and just doing what the smart lawyer says. NEVER ROLL OVER

man it gets my blood boiling that without any evidence filthy judges can send a man to jail for 8 years.

LONG BEACH, Calif.—In the summer of 2002, Brian Banks' future looked bright: He was a 17-year-old high school football star being heavily recruited by a number of colleges. But in a single day that changed with the accusations of kidnapping and rape by a female student.

He maintained there was no rape and their sexual contact was consensual but his lawyer urged him to plead no contest rather than risk a sentence of 41 years to life in prison if convicted. He followed the advice and went to prison for six years, shattering his dreams of gridiron glory.

On Thursday, Banks is due in a courtroom where lawyers for the California Innocence Project will argue he should be exonerated.

In a strange turn of events, the woman who accused him a decade ago friended him on Facebook when he got out of prison. Wanetta Gibson explained she wanted to "let bygones be bygones."

According to documents in the case, she met with Banks and said she had lied; there had been was no kidnap and no rape and she offered to help him clear his record. But she subsequently refused to repeat the story to prosecutors because she feared she would have to return a $1.5 million payment from a civil suit brought by her mother against Long Beach schools..

She was quoted as telling Banks: "I will go through with helping you but it's like at the same time all that money they gave us, I mean gave me, I don't want to have to pay it back."

Prosecutors and lawyers from the innocence project at California Western School of Law in San Diego have agreed that a hearing should be held at which Gibson would be compelled to testify under oath with cross-examination.

Justin Brooks, a lawyer who heads the innocence project, said he hopes that Superior court Judge Mark C. Kim will either grant a hearing or simply exonerate Banks on the basis of legal papers filed in the case.

"This is a kid who was a superstar," he said. "He would be playing the NFL now if this hadn't happened."

He said that Banks, who is on probation, remains under electronic monitoring, has to register as a sex offender and has had trouble getting a job. He said Banks continues to train for what he hopes will be a future chance at a football career.

He said Gibson has been ordered to attend the hearing and Banks will be in court as well.

"I look forward to watching him move forward from this nightmare and hopefully get a shot at the NFL," said Brooks. "After what he's been through he deserves a chance."

Back
Top Bottom