Woman put in coma over parking space.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

a kite from

TheBachellor
First off, I find that LarryDavidSwag's argument is contradictory, and while his stance on the issue remains the same, the reasons that he supplies are often self-defeating.

In particular, he fails to realize the difference between intent and causation.

"Deadly force" is referred to in the law in the context of intent. A [correct] consensus has been reached by all parties involved deeming that the intent of the single punch thrown by Fuller was not to kill Rosas.

According to a quote that you posted:
The general criminal law allows for the use of necessary and proportionate, non-deadly force in self-defense anytime the victim reasonably believes that unlawful force is about to be used on him....The reasonable person standard is one of the most difficult aspects of the law to understand. In an effort to do justice to both sides, the law requires the trier-of-fact (usually the jury) to consider whether an ordinary person in the defendant’s position would believe that force was about to be used against him. 

So, currently, we have someone who is using unlawful force on another person. The genders of the people involved are a non-factor. It is well within the realm of plausibility that a single punch would be thrown by a sizeable portion of population in order to defend oneself. Again, the danger (which, is a "dangerously" subjective term) that the person who is being attacked is in is not of concern (according to the quotes that you've posted). Transposing this hypothetical scenario to the real event, we have Rosas, who (according to witnesses and Fuller) hit him multiple times (unlawful force), and Fuller, who responds with a single punch (the intent of which is a necessary and proportionate reaction to the unawful force that was exercised on him, and the impending unlawful force that was about to be exercised by her boyfriend).

That is where Fuller's responsibility ends. Rosas's fall to the curb and eventual entrance in to a coma has nothing to do with the intent of the force behind Fuller's punch. It is asinine to even attempt to relate the two. Rosas's fall was a consequence of the punch, which the law does not hold anyone responsible for in the case of self-defense.

Your quote on causation was picked from the section concerning "battery and assault", most of which I have posted here for convenience:
Battery and assault:

In virtually every jurisdiction (including Pennsylvania), to make out a case for battery, the plaintiff must show that the aggressor made harmful or offensive contact with the plaintiff’s person, that the aggressor intended to bring about such contact, and that the aggressor’s actions in fact caused the contact. While harmful contact is easily determined from the specifics of the situation, offensive contact is judged by the objective, ‘reasonable person standard’. As a prominent Philadelphia law professor explains, "tapping a person on the shoulder is not reasonably ‘offensive’ whereas, tapping someone ‘considerably lower’ would be." ‘Plaintiff’s person’ means in general anything connected to the plaintiff’s body. This would include a hat, a cup in plaintiff’s hand, and on a recent bar exam, even the car in which the plaintiff was sitting! Thus, snatching a book from a person might well constitute a battery.

The causation requirement can also be deceptive. Not only would a thrown projectile which strikes the plaintiff constitute a battery, but ducking to avoid such a projectile, and hitting one’s head would also be actionable. Moreover, no actual damage need occur to bring an action for battery. The offensiveness of a non-harmful contact will support an award of nominal damages.

Upon reading the first sentence, it becomes apparent that this entire section does not apply to this event.

I anticipate, that despite my logical and beautifully laid out argument, you will retort: "Wow it dOESnT mAttER iF hE dIdnT mEAN to PuT hEr iN a cOMa HE DID sO He IS A mUrdereR!".

If that's the case, what would occur in the example that you posted:
i.e. if someone breaks into my house, unarmed, and i shoot him in the leg, im good. that's reasonable. 

....if the shot in the leg causes the suspect to die (not uncommon, I might add)? Would you take the manslaughter charge in stride like you're suggesting Fuller should do? Or are you going to argue that the suspect was in the wrong in the first place, and that you cannot be held responsible for any events that may occur as a result of action that you take to defend yourself within reason?

There is only one logical answer to this question. Don't be an imbecile and choose the other one. 

And yes, one punch in result to a sustained attack by Rosas, and an impending attack by her boyfriend is a "reasonable" action.

My argument is based upon the assumption that the statements made by Oscar Fuller and his lawyer are truthful.

Ninjahood, you NEED a kite, bruh

he based his entire argument off me believing the dude acted with deadly force.

that's irrelevant....

she's in a coma. He cannot claim self defense as the law reads. his INTENT is irrelevant....
and Fuller, who responds with a single punch (the intent of which is a necessary and proportionate reaction to the unawful force that was exercised on him, and the impending unlawful force that was about to be exercised by her boyfriend).

opinion. this is what will be argued in court, and i believe the judge OR jury will side with the girl, who is 4'11" and left not a single mark on the man, whereas his "single" punch left her in a coma...that is not proportionate.....no injuries/coma....how is that proportionate?

That is where Fuller's responsibility ends. Rosas's fall to the curb and eventual entrance in to a coma has nothing to do with the intent of the force behind Fuller's punch. It is asinine to even attempt to relate the two. Rosas's fall was a consequence of the punch, which the law does not hold anyone responsible for in the case of self-defense.

roll.gif
, again, if you dudes were representing this guy he would FRY like popeyes chicken batter

roll.gif

HE CANNOT USE THE CLAIM OF SELF DEFENSE, HE WAS IN NO DANGER OF BEING HARMED HE HAS NOT ONE INJURY, NOT SO MUCH AS A FINGERNAIL SCRATCH! HE CLAIMED HE PUNCHED HER BECAUSE HE SAW HER HUSBAND COMING, NOT BECAUSE HE FELT HIS WELLBEING WAS IN DANGER

you wonder how so many NYC knuckleheads get caught up in the system....lol you got ninjahood posting for a dude who cant even post....it was that serious for him to try to contradict me, he asked another NTer to post it....
roll.gif

I anticipate, that despite my logical and beautifully laid out argument, you will retort: "Wow it dOESnT mAttER iF hE dIdnT mEAN to PuT hEr iN a cOMa HE DID sO He IS A mUrdereR!".
that's cute. ninjahood is the one who types like a teenage drop out, not me, sir. please. that's not even my argument, but i wouldnt assume someone like you, who actually read my post and STILL try to contradict it, would understand exactly WHAT my argument is....

i'd call you a moron but meth is itching to ban me...

logical and beautifully laid out argument

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 complete with mocking me like i type like a 14 year old girl from da heightz....

....if the shot in the leg causes the suspect to die (not uncommon, I might add)? Would you take the manslaughter charge in stride like you're suggesting Fuller should do? Or are you going to argue that the suspect was in the wrong in the first place, and that you cannot be held responsible for any events that may occur as a result of action that you take to defend yourself within reason?
sir, im glad you asked the question...there are MANY cases of home break ins where the person living there has shot, crippled, killed, mamed the guy breaking in AND GOT CHARGED AND CONVICTED

roll.gif

you OBVIOUSLY didnt read ANY OF THE LAW LANGUAGE I POSTED, because I ANSWERED ALL THIS MORON QUESTIONING

yo, duece king read it, and respected it....

you're just ignoring it.

roll.gif

And yes, one punch in result to a sustained attack by Rosas, and an impending attack by her boyfriend is a "reasonable" action.
and you pretend to be smart?

roll.gif

if the impending attack was from her boyfriend.....HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO ASSULT/DEFEND HIMSELF AGAINST THE BOYFRIEND, NOT HER

sustained attack? so he was in bodily harm? a reasonable person would have acted in the same fashion?

roll.gif

all of this is irrelevant...i only even responded to you because you're a clown, intellectually....

when dude goes to trial and gets convicted, i will dig this post and post 100
pimp.gif
's in a row....

laugh.gif

swear, i hope dude gets a halfway decent lawyer. if his counsel is talking even remotely like you geniuses in here, he will get the chair....

they will bring the chair out of retirement for him if his lawyer goes in court like "LOOK, THIS MAN HAD TO DEFEND HIMSELF FROM A 4'11" WOMAN BY PUNCHING HER. HE WAS RIGHT FOR DOING SO BECAUSE HER ASSULT WAS SO DAMAGING TO HIS BODY THERE IS NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE TO HIM. HE ALSO PUNCHED HER BECAUSE HE HAD REASON TO BELIEVE HER BOYFRIEND WAS GOING TO ATTACK HIM. BEING THAT THE BOYFRIEND WAS COUNTLESS YARDS AWAY, HE PUNCHED WHO HE COULD, THE GIRL, TO STOP THE BOYFRIEND FROM ATTACKING HIM, PRE-EMPTIVELY. HE WAS SO CONCERNED ABOUT HIS OWN SAFETY, THAT, AFTER HE KNOCKED A CHILD SIZED WOMAN UNCONSCIOUS, HE FLED THE SCENE IMMDIATELY. I MEAN, HE WOULD HAVE FILED ASSULT CHARGES ON THE WOMAN HAD HE NOT TAKEN MATTERS INTO HIS OWN HANDS AND GOT THAT GOOD OLE AMERICAN STREET JUSTICE, NAHMEAN, JUDGE? YOU LOOK LIKE THE ALPHA MALE TYPE, WONT LET A WOMAN WALK ALL OVER YOU, AM I RIGHT JUDGE?"

*holds hand out for dap*

roll.gif

i respect duece king's intellect soooooooooooooo much more now

roll.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

a kite from

TheBachellor
First off, I find that LarryDavidSwag's argument is contradictory, and while his stance on the issue remains the same, the reasons that he supplies are often self-defeating.

In particular, he fails to realize the difference between intent and causation.

"Deadly force" is referred to in the law in the context of intent. A [correct] consensus has been reached by all parties involved deeming that the intent of the single punch thrown by Fuller was not to kill Rosas.

According to a quote that you posted:
The general criminal law allows for the use of necessary and proportionate, non-deadly force in self-defense anytime the victim reasonably believes that unlawful force is about to be used on him....The reasonable person standard is one of the most difficult aspects of the law to understand. In an effort to do justice to both sides, the law requires the trier-of-fact (usually the jury) to consider whether an ordinary person in the defendant’s position would believe that force was about to be used against him. 

So, currently, we have someone who is using unlawful force on another person. The genders of the people involved are a non-factor. It is well within the realm of plausibility that a single punch would be thrown by a sizeable portion of population in order to defend oneself. Again, the danger (which, is a "dangerously" subjective term) that the person who is being attacked is in is not of concern (according to the quotes that you've posted). Transposing this hypothetical scenario to the real event, we have Rosas, who (according to witnesses and Fuller) hit him multiple times (unlawful force), and Fuller, who responds with a single punch (the intent of which is a necessary and proportionate reaction to the unawful force that was exercised on him, and the impending unlawful force that was about to be exercised by her boyfriend).

Your quote on causation was picked from the section concerning "battery and assault", most of which I have posted here for convenience:
Battery and assault:

In virtually every jurisdiction (including Pennsylvania), to make out a case for battery, the plaintiff must show that the aggressor made harmful or offensive contact with the plaintiff’s person, that the aggressor intended to bring about such contact, and that the aggressor’s actions in fact caused the contact. While harmful contact is easily determined from the specifics of the situation, offensive contact is judged by the objective, ‘reasonable person standard’. As a prominent Philadelphia law professor explains, "tapping a person on the shoulder is not reasonably ‘offensive’ whereas, tapping someone ‘considerably lower’ would be." ‘Plaintiff’s person’ means in general anything connected to the plaintiff’s body. This would include a hat, a cup in plaintiff’s hand, and on a recent bar exam, even the car in which the plaintiff was sitting! Thus, snatching a book from a person might well constitute a battery.

The causation requirement can also be deceptive. Not only would a thrown projectile which strikes the plaintiff constitute a battery, but ducking to avoid such a projectile, and hitting one’s head would also be actionable. Moreover, no actual damage need occur to bring an action for battery. The offensiveness of a non-harmful contact will support an award of nominal damages.

Upon reading the first sentence, it becomes apparent that this entire section does not apply to this event.

If that's the case, what would occur in the example that you posted:
i.e. if someone breaks into my house, unarmed, and i shoot him in the leg, im good. that's reasonable. 

There is only one logical answer to this question. Don't be an imbecile and choose the other one. 

My argument is based upon the assumption that the statements made by Oscar Fuller and his lawyer are truthful.

Ninjahood, you NEED a kite, bruh

he based his entire argument off me believing the dude acted with deadly force.

that's irrelevant....

she's in a coma. He cannot claim self defense as the law reads. his INTENT is irrelevant....
and Fuller, who responds with a single punch (the intent of which is a necessary and proportionate reaction to the unawful force that was exercised on him, and the impending unlawful force that was about to be exercised by her boyfriend).

opinion. this is what will be argued in court, and i believe the judge OR jury will side with the girl, who is 4'11" and left not a single mark on the man, whereas his "single" punch left her in a coma...that is not proportionate.....no injuries/coma....how is that proportionate?

roll.gif
, again, if you dudes were representing this guy he would FRY like popeyes chicken batter

roll.gif

HE CANNOT USE THE CLAIM OF SELF DEFENSE, HE WAS IN NO DANGER OF BEING HARMED HE HAS NOT ONE INJURY, NOT SO MUCH AS A FINGERNAIL SCRATCH! HE CLAIMED HE PUNCHED HER BECAUSE HE SAW HER HUSBAND COMING, NOT BECAUSE HE FELT HIS WELLBEING WAS IN DANGER

you wonder how so many NYC knuckleheads get caught up in the system....lol you got ninjahood posting for a dude who cant even post....it was that serious for him to try to contradict me, he asked another NTer to post it....
roll.gif

that's cute. ninjahood is the one who types like a teenage drop out, not me, sir. please. that's not even my argument, but i wouldnt assume someone like you, who actually read my post and STILL try to contradict it, would understand exactly WHAT my argument is....

i'd call you a moron but meth is itching to ban me...

logical and beautifully laid out argument

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 complete with mocking me like i type like a 14 year old girl from da heightz....

sir, im glad you asked the question...there are MANY cases of home break ins where the person living there has shot, crippled, killed, mamed the guy breaking in AND GOT CHARGED AND CONVICTED

roll.gif

you OBVIOUSLY didnt read ANY OF THE LAW LANGUAGE I POSTED, because I ANSWERED ALL THIS MORON QUESTIONING

yo, duece king read it, and respected it....

you're just ignoring it.

roll.gif

and you pretend to be smart?

roll.gif

if the impending attack was from her boyfriend.....HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO ASSULT/DEFEND HIMSELF AGAINST THE BOYFRIEND, NOT HER

sustained attack? so he was in bodily harm? a reasonable person would have acted in the same fashion?

roll.gif

all of this is irrelevant...i only even responded to you because you're a clown, intellectually....

when dude goes to trial and gets convicted, i will dig this post and post 100
pimp.gif
's in a row....

laugh.gif

swear, i hope dude gets a halfway decent lawyer. if his counsel is talking even remotely like you geniuses in here, he will get the chair....

they will bring the chair out of retirement for him if his lawyer goes in court like "LOOK, THIS MAN HAD TO DEFEND HIMSELF FROM A 4'11" WOMAN BY PUNCHING HER. HE WAS RIGHT FOR DOING SO BECAUSE HER ASSULT WAS SO DAMAGING TO HIS BODY THERE IS NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE TO HIM. HE ALSO PUNCHED HER BECAUSE HE HAD REASON TO BELIEVE HER BOYFRIEND WAS GOING TO ATTACK HIM. BEING THAT THE BOYFRIEND WAS COUNTLESS YARDS AWAY, HE PUNCHED WHO HE COULD, THE GIRL, TO STOP THE BOYFRIEND FROM ATTACKING HIM, PRE-EMPTIVELY. HE WAS SO CONCERNED ABOUT HIS OWN SAFETY, THAT, AFTER HE KNOCKED A CHILD SIZED WOMAN UNCONSCIOUS, HE FLED THE SCENE IMMDIATELY. I MEAN, HE WOULD HAVE FILED ASSULT CHARGES ON THE WOMAN HAD HE NOT TAKEN MATTERS INTO HIS OWN HANDS AND GOT THAT GOOD OLE AMERICAN STREET JUSTICE, NAHMEAN, JUDGE? YOU LOOK LIKE THE ALPHA MALE TYPE, WONT LET A WOMAN WALK ALL OVER YOU, AM I RIGHT JUDGE?"

*holds hand out for dap*

roll.gif

i respect duece king's intellect soooooooooooooo much more now

roll.gif

also, look at the show, snapped.

these women are raped and beaten by men.....driven to kill them....and STILL get convicted of murder

yall think self defense is as easy as saying "JUDGE, SHE HIT ME FIRST!"

this isnt high school....

also, look at the show, snapped.

these women are raped and beaten by men.....driven to kill them....and STILL get convicted of murder

yall think self defense is as easy as saying "JUDGE, SHE HIT ME FIRST!"

this isnt high school....

Originally Posted by Deuce King

My argument is based on current events as it stands today.  From what we know right now, she is still alive......yes in a coma, but still alive.  All the "she could die" or any other hypotheticals such as that don't apply right now. 

bruh, even if she survives, she will be a braindead cripple...

that alone is more than "medical costs"

thats no argument. she's getting more than "medical costs"

seeing how this dude definitely doesnt even have 10k to his name, he will be in jail off that, if nothing else

you right, she ISNT dead yet, but REGARDLESS the punch resulted in her ending up in a coma...

you dont think a judge or jury is going to take that into account when determining whether or not his "reaction" was "neccesary or proportionate"?

i dunno what to tell you, then...

i think this dude is going to need a mircale defense from a crazy good lawyer OR some sort of plea deal to see less than 10 years EASY

all this "self defense" and "the curb put her in a coma, not him" talk would get a $#@+# deep fried out here...

roll.gif

My argument is based on current events as it stands today.  From what we know right now, she is still alive......yes in a coma, but still alive.  All the "she could die" or any other hypotheticals such as that don't apply right now. 

bruh, even if she survives, she will be a braindead cripple...

that alone is more than "medical costs"

thats no argument. she's getting more than "medical costs"

seeing how this dude definitely doesnt even have 10k to his name, he will be in jail off that, if nothing else

you right, she ISNT dead yet, but REGARDLESS the punch resulted in her ending up in a coma...

you dont think a judge or jury is going to take that into account when determining whether or not his "reaction" was "neccesary or proportionate"?

i dunno what to tell you, then...

i think this dude is going to need a mircale defense from a crazy good lawyer OR some sort of plea deal to see less than 10 years EASY

all this "self defense" and "the curb put her in a coma, not him" talk would get a $#@+# deep fried out here...

roll.gif

when dude goes to trial
I'll be here waiting for the results just like you champ.

keep champing me all you want.

i at least respect your brain when we're exchanging arguments...

you see ninjahood and his banned tag-team partner?

they would get dude the chair.....or death by hanging...in 2011...

"no, your honor, the curb put her in a coma, not my client"

roll.gif

i can imagine the gasps in the courtroom now

when dude goes to trial
I'll be here waiting for the results just like you champ.

keep champing me all you want.

i at least respect your brain when we're exchanging arguments...

you see ninjahood and his banned tag-team partner?

they would get dude the chair.....or death by hanging...in 2011...

"no, your honor, the curb put her in a coma, not my client"

roll.gif

i can imagine the gasps in the courtroom now

*yawn* son i was done with chick's perpective as soon as i heard she put hands on duke...so everything that happens now its all she wrote.

sure da guy is gonna rot in jail for a lil, sucks for him too but your tantrums in this post has done little to nothing to change my stance on what happened.

you don't put your hand in fire and not expect to get burned....period.

*yawn* son i was done with chick's perpective as soon as i heard she put hands on duke...so everything that happens now its all she wrote.

sure da guy is gonna rot in jail for a lil, sucks for him too but your tantrums in this post has done little to nothing to change my stance on what happened.

you don't put your hand in fire and not expect to get burned....period.

im not trying to sway your opinion, because, i dont take your opinions serious at all....

im telling you the FACT of the matter, and FACT is, THE LAW ISNT GOING TO PROTECT HIM

you can think he's right all you want...you can think she got what she deserved all you want

in reality, where it matters, he's going to rot and his life is basically over...

cause he's a toughguy

alpha male

wont let a chick walk all over him

ala when keeping it real goes wrong.

im not trying to sway your opinion, because, i dont take your opinions serious at all....

im telling you the FACT of the matter, and FACT is, THE LAW ISNT GOING TO PROTECT HIM

you can think he's right all you want...you can think she got what she deserved all you want

in reality, where it matters, he's going to rot and his life is basically over...

cause he's a toughguy

alpha male

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

cause he's a toughguy

alpha male

laugh.gif
 @ u thinking he's doing any kind of serious time....i doubt son anything more then 4-5 years tops

w/e he's getting though is still a bargin compared to having your face flatted, and ur nogin nuked.

at da end of da day...your yappin hasn't discredited what we've been saying since page 1....don't hit someone and expect not to be hit back, ESPECIALLY if you a girl

cause he's a toughguy

alpha male

laugh.gif
 @ u thinking he's doing any kind of serious time....i doubt son anything more then 4-5 years tops

w/e he's getting though is still a bargin compared to having your face flatted, and ur nogin nuked.

at da end of da day...your yappin hasn't discredited what we've been saying since page 1....don't hit someone and expect not to be hit back, ESPECIALLY if you a girl

yeah, cause the fact that dude will being doing 5 (if he pleads guilty, maybe) says absolutely nothing about his actions being WRONG

you're right.

how many years you think this curb is finna do, bro?

(and i say his life is basically over because, even when he gets out of jail, he will be basically working for her for the rest of his natural life...ESPECIALLY if his defense is in anyway shape or form related to the one you drew up for him....)

yeah, cause the fact that dude will being doing 5 (if he pleads guilty, maybe) says absolutely nothing about his actions being WRONG

you're right.

(and i say his life is basically over because, even when he gets out of jail, he will be basically working for her for the rest of his natural life...ESPECIALLY if his defense is in anyway shape or form related to the one you drew up for him....)

you're right.

chick hit her, he hit back, her egg got cracked on da concrete, son gonna go away on a skimp bid.....she's permanently cooked mentally.

i dont see how homie is losing more then her, especially since she started da fight...... guess to quote da Great Rasheed Wallace "ball dont lie".

you're right.

chick hit her, he hit back, her egg got cracked on da concrete, son gonna go away on a skimp bid.....she's permanently cooked mentally.

i dont see how homie is losing more then her, especially since she started da fight...... guess to quote da Great Rasheed Wallace "ball dont lie".

yeah, you right. he's winning.

eyes.gif

(youve managed to bottle up and consolate your ignorance into one post.)

laugh.gif
 im merely boiling it down to da main points. u just mad at reality.

fact of da matter had this chick kept her hands to herself she'd be good, son worrying about laws......
laugh.gif
 $$%$*@ ain't thinkin about da law when u get hands put on you, your

image of a civilized society breaks down into straight up instinct quick. when you do da final tally of da incident..was it really worth it for that chick to hit that dude? exactly....*shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom