***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

Here are my thoughts on the game.

1. The key to Iowa’s success will be whether the others (Martin, Affolter and Stuelke) can get at least 26 combined points. In games they’ve lost those three get on the lower end of that number. When they get into the low 30s and high thirties that means they are winning (assuming Clark gets 28+)

2. The Marshall vs Paopao matchup will be key. I suspect that Iowa will run a hybrid Box and 1 on Cardoso like they did against Boston and key in on Paopao (who is SC’s most prolific deep threat).

3. Clark looked gassed during the UCONN game, that will be interesting to watch out for during the game.

4. South Carolina’s perimeter defense wasn’t good against Indiana but it was a little bit better in the second half against Oregon State. They won’t win if they give up 13 threes like they did against Indiana although Indiana is one of the best 3 point shooting teams in the country,

5. It will be interesting to see how SC defends Clark. In their game last year they let Clark do the work but Czinnano’s 18 points and Boston’s measly 8 was the biggest difference.

6. Will Bree Hall hit open shots? Bree Hall will likely get the assignment on Clark but she is one of SC’s three point shooters but she hasn’t had a good tournament.

7. Will Kate Martin keep making winning plays? Kate Martin is an underrated player and is really their glue on offensive and defense. If she has a good game then Iowa will have a great chance.

8. Will Dawn’s lineup management get better? For as deep as SC is, Dawn’s lineup management during this tournament run hasn’t been great. You can chart every blown lead or slow period to either keeping players like Hall or Kitts in the game too long or subbing out Cardoso or Fulwiley when they’re making an impact on the game.

9. How the teams respond to how the refs will call the game at different times will be key. Iowa will target Cardoso and try to get her into foul trouble just like they targeted Boston last year. SC plays physical defense in the post so if Iowa gets into the bonus early that hurts SC. Iowa was rattled at the beginning of the UCONN game when they weren’t getting some calls. Hopefully the officiating is consistent but it probably won’t be and the ability of either team to adjust in a hurry will be key.

Feel like they fumbled a bit not having the women's title game in primetime tonight man...

They aired IT on Sunday night the last few years on ESPN but ABC said let me get some of that viewership this time around. :lol:

This games schedule for 3:00 but doesn't actually start til 3:15 will forever annoy me man.

Hope they don't do the national anthem bs as well to further prolong the start.

This games schedule for 3:00 but doesn't actually start til 3:15 will forever annoy me man.

Hope they don't do the national anthem bs as well to further prolong the start.

200w.gif

Call me crazy, but a Sunday afternoon time slot is pretty good. Having the game at prime time on a Sunday could result in less eyes as people get ready for the work week.

Back
Top Bottom