***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

Liberty don’t have enough shot creation IMO. Wish Stewie could playmake more/pass better. JJ just hangs on the perimeter all game. Sabrina has no wiggle. Laney is a straight line driver too. I know they’re tired from 6 in 10 days as well.
Should have kicked the tires on chennedy

She’s older than you

IMG_5555.png

Having sons and daughters has nothing to do with age. You know that.

IMG_2094.jpeg

The online discourse around CC not making the Oly squad is certainly interesting.

Dudes throwing the cape on for a woman using misogyny to belittle women as a whole. Make it make sense. :lol:

Some online folks are acting as if this is like the time Nneka was snubbed and then prevented by USA basketball from playing with her sisters on the Nigerian National Team. CC will be fine and I am for her not being on the team. I think had she went to their training camp during the final 4 I would understand the sentiment of her being “snubbed” but that isn’t what this is.

For basketball reasons or for commercial reasons? Because it’s definitely not insane to not have her on the squad for basketball reasons
commercial reason.

basketball wise they are gonna win the gold regardless of who is out there.

don't understand passing up the chance of bringing Caitlin to a global audience.

commercial reason.

basketball wise they are gonna win the gold regardless of who is out there.

don't understand passing up the chance of bringing Caitlin to a global audience.
For her not to play? Lol if she’s there it’s just for the experience imo, not to be on the floor

I’m good on the charity case playing time. The girl needs rest and got plenty of years for the Olympics.

short sighted thinking imo.
the games will barley be competitive.

the original dream team brought, washed Larry Bird, Old Magic,
Was it charity? Nah, it was good for the game of basketball, which is more important than games

that will have an average margin of like 30 points.

If Stern was still alive he would have put huge pressure on them to bring Caitlin.

short sighted thinking imo.
the games will barley be competitive.

the original dream team brought, washed Larry Bird, Old Magic,
Was it charity? Nah, it was good for the game of basketball, which is more important than games

that will have an average margin of like 30 points.

If Stern was still alive he would have put huge pressure on them to bring Caitlin.
Assuming she needs to be on the team now is short sided thinking

Dream Team in 1992 was a result from a rule change that allow the pros to enter. Youre bringing what would be the best team even if there were bigger names

If we decided to take off DT, Big Cait isn’t even the top of players who should replace her….

Assuming she needs to be on the team now is short sided thinking
"need" is not the point, nothing "needs" to happen.
it would just imo would be smart to have her on the the team, and the objections don't sound compelling to me.

Dream Team in 1992 was a result from a rule change that allow the pros to enter. Youre bringing what would be the best team even if there were bigger names

they def didn't take the best team.

they took the team that balanced growing the game, aka taking famous people and showcasing a high level of basketball.

using a final roster sport, on a famous player isn't going cause them to lose. these games won't be within 20 pts.

take Caitlin and put her on a global stage. seems like an easy win.

Wonder if Nike had any say at all. fresh off a big contract, they definitely would like to see her reppin

if the dream team can take old broken back larry bird and Cristian laettner. i think womens team usa can absorb Caitlin and still win by 30+ every game.

"need" is not the point, nothing "needs" to happen.
it would just imo would be smart to have her on the the team, and the objections don't sound compelling to me.

they def didn't take the best team.

they took the team that balanced growing the game, aka taking famous people and showcasing a high level of basketball.

using a final roster sport, on a famous player isn't going cause them to lose. these games won't be within 20 pts.

take Caitlin and put her on a global stage. seems like an easy win.
Team USA doesn’t care about having Big Cait on a global stage. If they did she’d be on the roster.

They care about winning and having a cohesive team. A good chunk of the players were on the last team and you have Plum and Young who been with the 3v3 team.

Team USA doesn’t care about having Big Cait on a global stage. If they did she’d be on the roster.

They care about winning and having a cohesive team. A good chunk of the players were on the last team and you have Plum and Young who been with the 3v3 team.

exactly I agree, they don't care and I think that's dumb

Back
Top Bottom