***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

Yea this isn’t looking good for the Vegas players being able to keep that money. Then again, they got away with the Hamby discrimination so who knows.

Needs that and I want that

woods.jpg

It certainly appears from the outside that she's like a lot of white people in the US and in the Midwest specifically, who have grown up in a way where they didn't have to face issues like this.

On the one hand, ****, she really is only known to people because she can ball her *** off. But at the same time this is what you wanted in terms of being a superstar trying to become a great player in a nationally televised sport.

Now her challenge is to learn from her peers, coaches, teammates and anybody else trying to educate her on how life works in America beyond what she knows.

I get what she’s saying until she pretended not to see people weaponize her name.
She wants to stick to basketball which is fair but the role that she's been thrusted into, superstar status and one of the most famous/influential athletes in the country period, comes with a lot more responsibilities than simply showing up to work as she's going to learn over time...

I feel she deserves some grace because like it's been mentioned, she's been in the basketball developmental bubble her whole life and was raised in a small town where she may have been insulated from a lot of societal issues more but she's gonna learn about the world at large and how certain things are bigger than ourselves one way or another no matter what.

Through the experiences of her peers and her own.

Yeah man at this point I gotta feel like she condones it. "I don't see it" is a ridiculous lie.

She’s in a bad spot. This is her first time ever being the minority on her team. I doubt her teammates don’t mess with her unless dacomeup dacomeup ’s sources can speak. She’s from west Des Moines. I don’t expect for her to get it. She ain’t HVL, Paige, brink or plum. She probably just wants to hoop and might actually have the James Harden internet plan. Maybe one day she’ll get it.

With all that being said, I don’t need white woman paper work either. Whether she acknowledges or not, we know how America works.

She’s a white, 22 year old rookie from West Des Moines, Iowa. She doesn’t have the life experience to say anything that will make a difference to the idiots using her as a way to be racist/misogynistic and every other thing under the moon.

Is it unfair that the Black rookies have the life experience to speak on the racism part? You damn skippy. Unfortunately that’s what being Black is in this country.

I doubt her teammates don’t mess with her unless dacomeup dacomeup ’s sources can speak.
Yea, I think the circus of it all is annoying to people but no one dislikes her.
She wants to stick to basketball which is fair but the role that she's been thrusted into, superstar status and one of the most famous/influential athletes in the country period, comes with a lot more responsibilities than simply showing up to work as she's going to learn over time...
But even this is nuanced. This is something that we’ve thrust upon Black athletes. Nobody was asking Tom Brady to speak out :lol:. It’s an unfortunate burden that isn’t carried equally across athletes, and the women given their unique experience in pushing for equal pay, treatment, outwardly queer players, etc are typically the ones leading the push. It’s complex but her saying she isn’t bothered by it because she doesn’t see it is a very weak copout. It’s easy to say “this league is full of Black women and I don’t condone anyone harassing them in the name of advocating for me”.

Back
Top Bottom