***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

Not sure if this is the same media scrum, but she answered this one better for sure

Very good question and she handled it well.

Acknowledging the noise while distancing yourself is always better than acting like it's not there.

Whole lot of people out there seem to think that they speak for her so it's powerful when she speaks for herself on these topics rather than leaving it up to interpretation for people to project their own positions and biases onto her.

Doing that doesn't leave bad faith actors much room to run with her silence/words or contort them for their own agendas

Now her challenge is to learn from her peers, coaches, teammates and anybody else trying to educate her on how life works in America beyond what she knows.
ALONG WITH...
Saying the right things to appease anyone WAITING to drag her.
The first challenge is more important; the second challenge is more difficult.

I was just talking to my boy about AB the other day. She needs the ball more. The W is run through bigs. Its just how it is. All the people who hate modern basketball would love the W, its still got a real "old school" feel to it.

I was just talking to my boy about AB the other day. She needs the ball more. The W is run through bigs. Its just how it is. All the people who hate modern basketball would love the W, its still got a real "old school" feel to it.
Yea, she’s gotta get more post touches but she was getting worked by the good bigs she played so far and was looking soft. Jonquel, AT, Nneka all gave her problems. She’s looking a lot more decisive with the ball in her hands tonight and none of the Dream’s big are as big as the super long bigs she struggles with.

I was just talking to my boy about AB the other day. She needs the ball more. The W is run through bigs. It’s just how it is. All the people who hate modern basketball would love the W, it’s still got a real "old school" feel to it.
I agree. They have to run the offense through her or at least stop making her initiate screens on every pnr

One significant thing she could work on is moves that get her nowhere. Not set up moves, but ones where she's just zipping around like a hummingbird and if the defender stays home she comes back.

But some of these moves are just downright disgusting :lol:

Like she's out here doing globetrotter **** in games. That move at the tail end, spinning out of a double team, going baseline and then a little hesi to get by a 3rd defender for a layup. Absolutely sick. Rutgers needs to hurry up and finalize this 2024-2025 schedule, I'm trying to see a game. I know she'll have to dial it back like 60%, but she'll also learn new things during college.

Mercury game looks like such a good time in the stands man :lol:
Setting up for a great finish with a 1 point game heading into the 4th quarter

Jackie Young's been going nuclear from 3, got 7 so far :sick:

A'ja is legit unstoppable most of the time man :lol: :sick:

Doing it all on both ends down the stretch to preserve this Aces lead.

Blocks, steal, scoring you name it This quarter

Back
Top Bottom