***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

I hate Geno Auriemma, but the Huskies got screwed by refs at the end.
Still had to make that shot but damn, as a fan of sports I just want to see that opportunity for a game winner in this stage by one of the faces of women’s basketball.

Refs screwed up such a huge moment for women’s basketball though. Make or miss it’s fine, but that moment was taken away and now all we’re talking about is such a weak call at such a big moment.

Won’t be watching anymore of this tourney tbh.

Reminds me of an NBA game in 07 with Kobe vs rockets tmac. Lakers were down by 1 with like 6 seconds left... Kobe was pushing it up the court and the ref called carry 🙄🙄🙄 they really think they're competing

SC and Cardoso gonna feast Sunday. No one on iowa can stop her. Double, triple clark and force someone else to beat you

Y’all dragging it with this stolen moment stuff. With the comforts of your replay and HDTV. It’s a split second decision, Marshall tried to fight over the screen and sold the contact. The ref bit.

Do you think they make that call if Stuhlke is setting a screen for Clark at the end?

Do you think they make that call if Stuhlke is setting a screen for Clark at the end?

Nope, cause the NCAA wants Clarke in the Championship game, this is all called scripted because the leagues will do whats best for business.

Its just how it is, if UCONN made it, iChampionship Game wasnt getting MONSTER ratings like it will now.

Depends on who is fighting over the screen. EYE can see why the call was made. That tiny little white girl tried to fight through a screen and threw her head back after contact. The visual likely played a part in the refs decision in that moment.

Depends on who is fighting over the screen. EYE can see why the call was made. That tiny little white girl tried to fight through a screen and threw her head back after contact. The visual likely played a part in the refs decision in that moment.
Gabbie is mixed race and was getting knocked around the whole game.

Terrible call to end the game, but UConn goofed big time not capitalizing on Clark looking pedestrian in the first half. They should’ve ran the score up when they had the chance. Instead it looked like they were content with any lead going into halftime.

Paige is to unselfish. She needs to be like Clark and have or touch the ball on ever possession and be looking to score way more.

Not trying to pull a I think they've found something but South Carolina has the personnel to play the type of defense Muhl played on Clark. Not saying they will win but Stuhlke had a huge game and without her doing that again who knows.

SmartSelect_20240405_210936_X.jpg

SmartSelect_20240405_210919_X.jpg

You know your sport has made it when it's been overshadowed by officials

I hate to say this but this game, the LSU vs MTSU game and the Iowa vs WVU games are what's needed for the sport's growth. Refs impacting the game and the response is what's needed .

I thought so at first, but that was definitely an offensive foul. She clearly leans into the defender on her screen and very clearly pushed her left elbow out. I mean, that's an offensive foul, by a long shot.
The problem is that Iowa was setting those exact same screens all game and weren't called. Not to mention that blatant push off from Clark when she hit the middle in the third and allowing Affolter to call a timeout when her body was out of bounds.

The problem is that Iowa was setting those exact same screens all game and weren't called. Not to mention that blatant push off from Clark when she hit the middle in the third and allowing Affolter to call a timeout when her body was out of bounds.
I get ref inconsistency but I don't know that Iowa was committing that blatant of moving screens all game. I'm not saying they weren't. I'm just saying that was pretty bad.
Literally when I saw it full speed live, I was mad at the refs. "No, no, nooooo, you can't call that. Y'all just lost the game for UCONN. Maaaannnn..."
But then on the very first replay, I switched immediately.
"Oh, *profanity*, yeah, you have to call that."

I get ref inconsistency but I don't know that Iowa was committing that blatant of moving screens all game. I'm not saying they weren't. I'm just saying that was pretty bad.
Literally when I saw it full speed live, I was mad at the refs. "No, no, nooooo, you can't call that. Y'all just lost the game for UCONN. Maaaannnn..."
But then on the very first replay, I switched immediately.
"Oh, *profanity*, yeah, you have to call that."

Iowa was doing the Draymond Green screens (especially Affolter) to try to get Muhl off of Clark most of the game. Gabbie sold it and good for her. I fundamentally don't have a problem with that call if you make it the entire game and you call it on both teams.

Back
Top Bottom