***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

Wnba should do everything possible to make sure she succeeds. i am not saying you completely script it, but give her a favorable whistle on both ends. whether you root for her or against her, she is getting a reaction. Clark is moving the needle and it is good for overall business. need her to wear one these before the games
1713541405945.jpeg

I don’t envy the pressure Clark will be under. Rooting for her but I suspect that most of these new “fans” will turn on her and the W if she isn’t the best player on the W after year 2. If she struggles in anyway over the course of the season she will be called a fraud.

Shell be fine, she played with regular average players and beasted, the lockdown defender on the Iowa team was Young Vanessa Williams for gosh sakes... now she plays with Aaliyah Boston.

Last edited:
Said this in another thread thinking I was in here but:
Mark my words: somewhere along the way, Caitlyn is going to say something ambiguous/vague in response to a racially charged question, and her response will be torn apart along with her.
A popular sports conversation is how players from the past would be received today, with new events being fed to us damn near real time instead of months or even years later. Reese/CC has already been contrasted against Magic/Bird.
Welp, Larry Bird said this once: "You know, when I played, you had me and Kevin [McHale] and some others throughout the league. I think it's good for a fan base because, as we all know, the majority of the fans are white America. And if you just had a couple of white guys in there, you might get them a little excited. But it is a black man's game, and it will be forever. I mean, the greatest athletes in the world are African-American."
Lettuce be cereal, if he were playing today and said that, he would be D R A G G E D because of that bolded part. And then Bird apologists would try to say "You all are taken it out of context! He ACTUALLY said...", but the sides would have already been picked at that point.

Mark my words: somewhere along the way, Caitlyn is going to say something ambiguous/vague in response to a racially charged question, and her response will be torn apart along with her.
A popular sports conversation is how players from the past would be received today, with new events being fed to us damn near real time instead of months or even years later. Reese/CC has already been contrasted against Magic/Bird.
Welp, Larry Bird said this once: "You know, when I played, you had me and Kevin [McHale] and some others throughout the league. I think it's good for a fan base because, as we all know, the majority of the fans are white America. And if you just had a couple of white guys in there, you might get them a little excited. But it is a black man's game, and it will be forever. I mean, the greatest athletes in the world are African-American."
Lettuce be cereal, if he were playing today and said that, he would be D R A G G E D because of that bolded part. And then Bird apologists would try to say "You all are taken it out of context! He ACTUALLY said...", but the sides would have already been picked at that point.
Doubt it. She’s smart. Handled the whole LSU and South Carolina situations like a g. Paige handles those questions the right way. As does plum.

It’s always weird with you when it comes to race :smh:

It’s always weird with you when it comes to race :smh:
Or online sleuths swear they got something figured out when they don't, and they tell others that they see behind some facade they've made up.
See how I didn't say anything sideways in the post you quoted yet here we are, and you're making it about me?
That's... unironically... my point.

You could even say “well Paige and plum are more likely to be that way because of their proximity to black people off the court “ but even Sabrina says all the right things.
Admittedly, I haven't paid much attention to Sabs in the W.

Media training is too good these days and she’s been in the limelight heavy. Even the fact that she named Sheryl Swoopes on SNL, either she gets it or the people around her do. Not worried about her.

Or online sleuths swear they got something figured out when they don't, and they tell others that they see behind some facade they've made up.
See how I didn't say anything sideways in the post you quoted yet here we are, and you're making it about me?
That's... unironically... my point.

You made absolutely no point. You came out of left field with a made up hypothetical that wasn’t even being discussed in here.

Caitlin has been involved in a racially charged atmosphere these last two tournament runs and has said all the right things along with defending her black counterparts.

So why wouldn’t anyone think it was weird of you to go “man eventually Caitlin is going to say something that comes across racial” ESPECIALLY when the conversation about people turning on her was centered around whether or not she’d produced on the court.

You made absolutely no point. You came out of left field with a made up hypothetical that wasn’t even being discussed in here.

Caitlin has been involved in a racially charged atmosphere these last two tournament runs and has said all the right things along with defending her black counterparts.

So why wouldn’t anyone think it was weird of you to go “man eventually Caitlin is going to say something that comes across racial” ESPECIALLY when the conversation about people turning on her was centered around whether or not she’d produced on the court.
You're right.
My bad.
Back to the ladies. 🔥

Even the fact that she named Sheryl Swoopes on SNL, either she gets it or the people around her do.
In small part, that Swoope's bit was actually what raised my concern. Then yesterday in a FB sports group I saw this:
Screenshot_20240420_110120_Facebook.jpg

Just made me think "C'mon, man. Why? She did nothing wrong and here you go."

In small part, that Swoope's bit was actually what raised my concern. Then yesterday in a FB sports group I saw this:
Screenshot_20240420_110120_Facebook.jpg

Just made me think "C'mon, man. Why? She did nothing wrong and here you go."
That’s just the internet in a nutshell :lol:

Back
Top Bottom