***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Gold medal game: SUN, 08/11 @ 9:30am EST. Going for 8TH STRAIGHT GOLD!

That Dallas team gonna be a problem for years soon as long as they stay together. Hope we get a aces vs Suns finals

I'm DVR'ing right now but it kind of sucks that the playoff games tonight are relegated to ESPN2. Over on ESPN, they aired a PTI 20 year special TWICE. Smh

Phx - Vegas should be a great series. Rooting for A'ja and co.

Mad that I missed that OT thriller last round.

Sky - Sun should also be super competitive. I'm a big Candace fan (who isn't? lol) but the Sun might be too tough this year.

Compelling games all around.

Double OT was a goodie. Jones girls were feasting and Chi was lucky to get out of there with the W.

Second game wasn't as close as that final score indicated. Aces are deep and they looked good. Diana being banged up surely won't help Phx chances and Griner needs to get mean. No playful smiling and joking around with Liz if she wants to win.

Candace Parker is bae for life so I'm cheering for Chi Town to pull off with the ring. Two amazing games last night. Had to come to the WNBA app and pay for both games so I could rewatch them.

Just now watching the Sky vs Sun game. The Sky pretty much lost this game thanks to super sloppy play. Way too many fouls especially during the beginning of the game and a lot of missed shots that looked like they would go in. Good thing they managed to steal the first game. Don't see them losing the next one.

It's a shame they don't show replays at 3am like they do for the men's NBA games bc these playoffs have been pretty good so far. If you replay the game, you have a decent chance of new viewers watching it even if it's just as background noise.

I remember when games would air on Oxygen. Why don't they have alternate networks you can tune in and catch replays on? Even NBA TV?

The NBA and their execs claim they want to see the WNBA succeed yet are still making decisions based on old school thinking.

You have stars like Wade and Raider players attending and you still can't parlay that into more viewers? Smh

Fast start for Phx. :wow:

Love Skylar but her whining for calls is on GOAT level. :sick:

Missed the 1st game today. Too bad there's no replay on live tv. >D

2 great games last night, thought Mercury were gonna blow aces out after first couple mins but Chelsea Grey went on a nice run

They need better advertisements. I never know when a season starts, when games are on and so forth.

They need better advertisements. I never know when a season starts, when games are on and so forth.

This is partially true.

When the season started, they absolutely made a huge deal of the new W25 logo, the 25th anniversary team, the new ball, etc. I also saw posts on social of some of the W players getting new Jordans. There was also the CNN doc. The 2k cover for Candace. The social justice commercial that seemed to be on a loop.

But as the season went on, it seemed as if less ads were on TV pushing the league or upcoming games until the playoffs started. I could be wrong though...

Anyway, nice story seeing Candace back in the Finals. I hope Jonquel and D Bo and em make it next year.

Aces with that 24 - 0 run was :wow: No Kia Nurse for Gm 5. Sucks that the team isn't releasing any info on the injury but it *looked* like an acl. Also no word that I could find anywhere on whether or not Sophie Cunningham will play or the status of DT's hobbled leg.

Aces have no excuses for Gm 5 bc Phx is looking like food right now.

Man, that was a hell of a game!!

Taurasi beasted after she got mad, got damn.

As I said before, Aces have no one to blame but themselves. Tough to see Aja break down emotionally at the end like that.

Such a shame that these games are getting overlooked. Game is definitely worthy of instant classic replay status.

Finals should be a good one.

Was rooting for A'ja and the Aces to push through.

Maybe next year.

Two unexpected teams in the Finals.

Either my girl DT getting another ring before she potentially retires or my girl Candace winning one for the hometown team.

Man, I have no idea what these execs are doing.

I understand that you have the most viewers at home on a sunday and they wanted to maximize ratings.... But to air gm 1 on an NFL sunday right in the middle of the day's slate of games was suicide.

Seeing the fast start that Phx got off to and then how quickly they fatigued gives even more proof that they should have started the Finals on Tue or Wed. Them Mercury girls was looking like Deontay out there with how fast they faded down the stretch.

There's no way any pro league should start a final series just 2 days after your conference games. Only to then now have gm 2 on wednesday, 3 days from when you played gm 1. Wtf?? Just dumb scheduling all around. Smh.

Let's hope it leads to a better game this wednesday.

Yeah I was surprised about the quick turnaround especially on an NFL Sunday.

The earliest they should've stated was on Tuesday when all the NFL games are finished.

Sandwiching game 1 during a full slate of NFL games and MLB playoffs was not a good look.

The way the Sky turned it around after the Mercury came out gunning got me worried my girl DT3 ain't gonna get another ring but the REAL CP3 will.

-foe

Back
Top Bottom