***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Gold medal game: SUN, 08/11 @ 9:30am EST. Going for 8TH STRAIGHT GOLD!

Wow at taurasi not getting suspended for pushing the ref last game. chicago should be mad about that.

^
Chicago definitely played like a swarm of angry hornets because that was a complete embarrassment. I mean, the Sky had all bench players out there vs the Mercury starters at the beginning of the 4th. :sick:

Speaking of angry hornets, this **** was similar to how the Hornets got their brains beat in by 70 the other night.

The crazy thing is that Chicago isn't doing anything more than simply outhustling Phoenix. Sky is beating them on all the 50-50 plays as well as on defense and basic effort on the boards and transition.

You can get a fatigue pass for one game. But after that, there are no excuses. Mercury better take a look in the mirror.

Great comebyke by the Sky to take the chip.

Candace winning a championship for her city. :pimp:

Legend.

Respect to the GOAT DT if this is indeed her last WNBA game.

No hate from me at all*. Candace had a HISTORICALLY dope rookie season with us, got us a championship and another Finals, went home and got one. Love to see it.

*That's a lie. It's on sight for DFish.

-foe

Damn. Totally forgot about the game. Been a fan of the Sky back when Delle-Donne was there and am a fan of Quigley. Was wondering if they could be contenders again without Elena. Was happy when Candace signed with them and now they finally won the trophy.

Phoenix losing both wnab/nba finals

Bruh/Bruhette, we should have all known as soon as we seen CP3 sitting courtside at all them games that it was a wrap for the Mercury. Him and his bad karma rubbed right off on 'em. :smh:

I honestly don't know wtf happened to Phx. They FINALLY decided to feature BG... and Skylar FINALLY started to play like the ALL WNBA 1st teamer that she is and it still wasn't enough. You have 40% of the ALL WNBA 1st team and 3 Olympians yet still got man/(woman)handled. :sick: Three blown layups from 3 different players (2 of them your stars) in crunch time was just brutal.

Congrats to Candace, Sloot, Quigley, and the rest of the Sky. Well earned chip. Quigley was deadly down the stretch and that 3 by Candace to tie it up was insane.

Props to Kaleah Freaking Copper for her breakout post-season. Girl made 165k this past year. She definitely earned whatever salary she gets after this. I mentioned her salary bc so many ppl hate on the ladies when these WNBAers are still making more than most of the average (hating) Joe's salary. :lol:

Tarausi looked like Jordan on the Wizards out there. She was trying to gun them back into it all series but just can't quite hit GOD mode like she used to anymore. Was it the injuries or was it her age? I think age more than injuries but she has nothing to be ashamed of.

Final Thoughts:

- WNBA schedulers have to do a better job of anticipating title clinching games and not have such games played on an NFL sunday.

- ESPN needs to tighten up the replay system for the ladies. There were many, many instances where there was no replay shown for certain turnovers. It was super frustrating bc for the NBA Finals, you get 2 or 3 instant replays for each and every turnover.

- Single elimination is cool but I'd like to see 3 out of 5 for every round thereafter and best of 7 for the Finals.

- Chance the rapper has jumped the shark at these games. The over-abundance of ESPN camera shots was just too much for me. :sick:

Last edited:
Yeah, their playoff structure sucks. The first 2 rounds being single elimination is dumb, it isn't the ncaa tournament.

This WNBA season was super exciting and the best basketball at any level that I saw this year. Every playoff game was amazing and I think with the WNBA's new commissioner's marketing plan will get these ladies paid more which they deserve.

Well it seems some of us will get our wish next season:

Top 8 teams get in regardless of conference. They will also re-seed teams 1 - 8 regardless of conference.

First round best of 3 series will have home team hosting first 2 games and away team gets game 3.

I like the changes overall.

Back
Top Bottom