***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Gold medal game: SUN, 08/11 @ 9:30am EST. Going for 8TH STRAIGHT GOLD!

Point taken but Stewy ain't the one that the WNBA been trying to shove down people's throat for years now.

Also Stewy has proven herself on the biggest stage before.
Let's call a spade a spade. That player not named Stewie has been pushed not just because she has talent but she has a certain look and isn't LGBTQ so they want her to be the face.

Let's call a spade a spade. That player not named Stewie has been pushed because she has talent but she has a certain look and isn't LGBTQ so they want her to be the face.
Same reasons why plum said she didn’t mess with the front office like that. They tried to force her to be the face when she wasn’t good but she still checked those boxes

Same reasons why plum said she didn’t mess with the front office like that. They tried to force her to be the face when she wasn’t good but she still checked those boxes
Plum is an ally for sure. This is why I am such a huge women's sport's fan. I don't even blame Sabrina but this is the tale as old as time. In women's sport's if you have the look and are reasonably attractive, they will push you to be the face even if the push is disproportionate to your actual talent or accolades. Women athletes have to be great and attractive to get attention which is wrong.

I have been a tennis fan my entire life and the measures women have to go to in order to get people's respect is gross and wrong. Back in the Late 90s and early 00s when the Williams Sisters, Hingis, Capriati, Davenport and Hingis were winning, the player that got the most attention was Anna Kournikova. Anna wasn't a bum but she was the highest paid women's tennis player for years when she hadn't won anything because she had the look. Fast forward to Maria Sharapova. She was way more successful than Kournikova and won some majors but they literally tried to hype her up as Serena's equal, if not better, if you didn't know better you would think they were rivals. The head to head record was 20-2 Serena. It got so bad that commentators tried to say head to head matchups were irrelevant in justifying why Sharapova was equal to Serena. Nasty work

A'ja bae channeling Jokic and showing everyone who the real MVP is.

Plum is an ally for sure. This is why I am such a huge women's sport's fan. I don't even blame Sabrina but this is the tale as old as time. In women's sport's if you have the look and are reasonably attractive, they will push you to be the face even if the push is disproportionate to your actual talent or accolades. Women athletes have to be great and attractive to get attention which is wrong.

I have been a tennis fan my entire life and the measures women have to go to in order to get people's respect is gross and wrong. Back in the Late 90s and early 00s when the Williams Sisters, Hingis, Capriati, Davenport and Hingis were winning, the player that got the most attention was Anna Kournikova. Anna wasn't a bum but she was the highest paid women's tennis player for years when she hadn't won anything because she had the look. Fast forward to Maria Sharapova. She was way more successful than Kournikova and won some majors but they literally tried to hype her up as Serena's equal, if not better, if you didn't know better you would think they were rivals. The head to head record was 20-2 Serena. It got so bad that commentators tried to say head to head matchups were irrelevant in justifying why Sharapova was equal to Serena. Nasty work

They don't even need Sabrina to be the face. Any of these kids could be All Stars in the right situation

Nike signed Paige Buckers and Cailten Clarke already
New Balance has Cameron Brink
Adidas has Hailey Van Lith

They don't even need Sabrina to be the face. Any of these kids could be All Stars in the right situation

Nike signed Paige Buckers and Cailten Clarke already
New Balance has Cameron Brink
Adidas has Hailey Van Lith
As great as they are now, they aren’t sure fire WNBA superstars though.

Clark and Cameron are can't miss
I mess with Clark. Going to be interesting to see how her game translates but she’s going to be in a great spot next to Boston.

there have been 4 or 5 sure fire superstar bigs drafted in the last 10 years. Stewy, EDD, Griner, Aja, Boston. Brink belongs there to you?

I mess with Clark. Going to be interesting to see how her game translates but she’s going to be in a great spot next to Boston.

there have been 4 or 5 sure fire superstar bigs drafted in the last 10 years. Stewy, EDD, Griner, Aja, Boston. Brink belongs there to you?

There's level to this , Brink is more on a Nneka Ogwumike level. That's plenty good enough to get paid

I don't see it with Brink. Watched enough Stanford games with her and Haley to wonder how her game translates. The W is hard for bigs.

van lith too small and lacks athleticism. Could be decent off the bench and give you 10-12 points a game.

Back
Top Bottom