Working a 9-5 sucks hOW DO PEOPLE DO THIS

I refuse to wake up every morning and do the same thing every day until I die. I'd rather be broke and homeless. I put that on everything.

Follow your dreams people.
no disrespect b, but i been homeless and that struggle is not worth it.  i'd rather put food in my mouth and doin the same thing everyday than be back on them streets silently saying thank you to god when i come across a dirty wet dollar in a puddle.  never again.....what are dreams when you can't even catch a shower?  

man. I should maximize the fun in college. Most of y'all sound miserable.

STAY IN SCHOOL AS LONG AS YOU CAN. CHERISH IT.

:lol: college spoils us twentysomethings. 9-5 is not a burden, it's a reality check. We spend 4 years in college literally creating our own schedules to maximize our fun and sleep. We skip classes, somehow feel disrespected if we are forced to take a Friday night class, and essentially try to map out the easiest way to tackle the hardest work.

We're all willing to forego 9-5 work for our aspirational work (ie. producing music, making art) but we're hypocrites once 5'oclock hits and we have to decide between rest we think we deserve and that same aspirational work. That is not hustling, that is settling.

dUDE. this is a ******g great point you make :smokin

not too bad. Do it till you can save your money and do what you want. Didn't you go to college to get a career? You should be working in the field you went to school for right? Career> Job

I tell people all the time: yo I really don't know what i want right now. Like i just can't
I've been in school since I was 4 (READ: people have told me what to do since I was four)
There's always been a "right" answer in the past, and dealing with the absence of that now is ******g weird
Like I could do ANYTHING- right? Well, ****. where do I start. And then you start half steppin and being aprehensive bc theres sooo many options

Idk, no shots UrBetterthenMe, but i feel like the people who say:" "Well didnt you go to school for four years to figure all that **** out?"
I feel like they didn't go to school

And maybe it's just me, or my soft *** generation, but I went to college because it was a great experience. And my parents pushed it-they did it
But did I figure out my life's ambition? Have I found my purpose for this earth and this life? **** nooooooo

Being homeless is not worth any dream, neither is sacrificing your whole life stuck to a desk job looking forward to half a Friday, a full Saturday and half a Sunday....unless is something you enjoy doing.

STAY IN SCHOOL AS LONG AS YOU CAN. CHERISH IT.
dUDE. this is a ******g great point you make
smokin.gif

I tell people all the time: yo I really don't know what i want right now. Like i just can't
I've been in school since I was 4 (READ: people have told me what to do since I was four)
There's always been a "right" answer in the past, and dealing with the absence of that now is ******g weird
Like I could do ANYTHING- right? Well, ****. where do I start. And then you start half steppin and being aprehensive bc theres sooo many options

Idk, no shots UrBetterthenMe, but i feel like the people who say:" "Well didnt you go to school for four years to figure all that **** out?"
I feel like they didn't go to school

And maybe it's just me, or my soft *** generation, but I went to college because it was a great experience. And my parents pushed it-they did it
But did I figure out my life's ambition? Have I found my purpose for this earth and this life? **** nooooooo
Working full time and I'm in school full time. Still trying to piece everything together, but I know I rather be in limbo than not doing anything at all.  I'll figure something out. Goal is to challenge myself and be the greatest me I can be. Maximize what blessings god has given me.

Work hard and save hard and love your life.  Your more blessed than you even know my friend. Good luck, just be wise and save your money and PLAN and try to organize every facset of your life and be humble. You'll find your purpose.

Last edited:
I like my job that's how I do it. Most of the time i'm surfing the net, sleeping, or laughing with co-workers.

I don't see myself working a 9-5 either op, but it's def my future if I don't get my ish together and start networking.

Dray here

Try being 21 with those problems

Working 12pm-830 pm is worse and try not having the weekend off, I'm off Thursday Friday
And try working a job where I stand and walk 90% of the day and I'm not allowed to check my cellphone....
If it wasn't a govt job I would quit.

Dray here

Try being 21 with those problems

Working 12pm-830 pm is worse and try not having the weekend off, I'm off Thursday Friday
And try working a job where I stand and walk 90% of the day and I'm not allowed to check my cellphone....
If it wasn't a govt job I would quit.
Damn not able to check your cellphone .......man thats a long day. Dont know what I would do.

View media item 677173
F the Rat Race

dont listen to ppl who will tell you otherwise

Truth. I quit racing last month, and I feel great. I was working generally 9am to 8 or 9pm, often later, and I had no time for friends, sports, or the gf.

I've been working a little bit on some side projects here and there, but I might have to return to the grind if I can't find adequate sources of income. But I don't see that happening at the moment.

Good luck man. Make some contacts and hopefully find a way to make a living working for yourself.

Autonomy >>

I work 8am to 6-8pm most days and I LOVE what I do.

in all fairness you make A LOT of money though

a lil easier

an even then i dunno man im use seein my mothers work lifestyle i guess

every weekend off wed and fri half days.......................woman hasnt worked 40 hrs in who knows how many years

time>money

well you need a balance of both, life is all about balance

do you even lift bro?

Last edited:
I hate school and I'm lazy when it comes to anything I'm not interested in

Do not want a boring office job . . . but I am also not about that bum on the street life

Hopefully will work a job until I can save up to put money into something that will make money for me, like a couple of Laundromats or something, and then pursue my real passions

If I could create and just get paid . . .

Pharrell was right when he said that school is designed to breed worker bees . . .

me, too, had a lead designer position for Food Network, quit that went back to freelancing. I worked my contract to allow me to show up at 11am, couldnt do it, i needed my freedom.

I hate school and I'm lazy when it comes to anything I'm not interested in​

Do not want a boring office job . . . but I am also not about that bum on the street life​

Hopefully will work a job until I can save up to put money into something that will make money for me, like a couple of Laundromats or something, and then pursue my real passions​

If I could create and just get paid . . .​

Pharrell was right when he said that school is designed to breed worker bees . . .​

yea man i was the same way

remember that dude younghollywood, he said its all about cash flow

he figured it out EARLY obviously an he is right

Last edited:
I hate school and I'm lazy when it comes to anything I'm not interested in​

Do not want a boring office job . . . but I am also not about that bum on the street life​

Hopefully will work a job until I can save up to put money into something that will make money for me, like a couple of Laundromats or something, and then pursue my real passions​

If I could create and just get paid . . .​

Pharrell was right when he said that school is designed to breed worker bees . . .​

yea man i was the same way

remember that dude younghollywood, he said its all about cash flow

he figured it out EARLY obviously an he is right

Check your inbox playa.

Back
Top Bottom