[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

I had a dream Phil was coming back at a press conference. So take that for what it's worth
laugh.gif

College coaches suck

Phil or bust. 

If Phil don't come back, it will not be a good look, I don't care who you bring in. 

laugh.gif
@ Matt Barnes finally being rumored to come here. I was asking for this a long time ago but they penned Luke to that long *** deal instead. Barnes could've been had for the minimum back then. Then again, if he panned out who knows if we would've gotten Ariza and then Artest. I think it's apparent now though that Barnes is better suited to come off the bench. Doesn't score consistently and can be a loose cannon. Every Laker fan should like, y'all are UCLA fans too right? These guys are NBA players, there's rarely a real "beef" in the league. If anything, I think Barnes is the type of player Kobe wants to play with most (see Artest, Raja Bell).

As far as JVG, one of the reasons his teams were good defensively was Tom Thibodeau. That was his guy in Houston and NYK. I'm not sure how his style would fit. With Shaw and B Scott, they can come in and the team wouldn't miss a beat in terms of style. They'd probably need a whole new staff if JVG was hired.

i still dont see Phil retiring. if he wanted to he would have done it already.

Phils going for the 3-peat. any other coach and its a maybe, because right now at this moment there is really no team that can hang with the Lakers.

CP1708 wrote:
College coaches suck

Phil or bust. 

If Phil don't come back, it will not be a good look, I don't care who you bring in. 
I could not see us running any other offense than the triangle so I guess that would limit any replacements.

IMO, we don't "need" anybody that's out there within our budget right now. Our entire starting lineup and 6th man are all coming back. It would be great to add a mike miller or a randy foye, but I don't think players like that will make or break us

I really hope we resign shannon brown

Three6......As it stands TODAY we have 7 players under corntract for next year, although I get what you're trying to say, and we may not have as big of a need as other teams, fact still remains we do need atleast 1 other productive player off the bench..........obviously it won't be a top tier guy, hell it probably won't even be a 2nd tier guy, but to say we don't need another player is quite foolish IMO

Three6......As it stands TODAY we have 7 players under corntract for next year, although I get what you're trying to say, and we may not have as big of a need as other teams, fact still remains we do need atleast 1 other productive player off the bench..........obviously it won't be a top tier guy, hell it probably won't even be a 2nd tier guy, but to say we don't need another player is quite foolish IMO

anyone we get will be an upgrade over farmar and brown

unless they go cheap and sign some NBDL players

we do need a point guard or pg/sg combo and another big

what i'm sayin is that some of you are namin players that you WANT on the lakers, but saying it as if we need them to win. We just won 2 back-to-back championships. I'm all for improving the team, and we could definitely use upgrades at certain positions, but if all we did was merely replace the guys that we're gonna lose in free agency with players that are the at about the same caliber, we'll still be in good shape. obviously we're gonna have to add some new pieces, but we don't necessarily need a mike miller or a matt barnes specifically to stay on top of the west next year

CP1708:
College coaches suck

Phil or bust.

I agree, which worries me. Eventually, we're going to have to replace Phil, and it's going to be soon. Here in a couple weeks? After this season? Couple seasons? It's around the corner... so then what? Last 2 times we needed a coach, we went to coaches who were previously successful w/ other teams (Rudy T and P-Jax). I really don't see that happening this time. Sloan and Popp are the best 2 coaches not named Phil, and they're not coming to LA. No way. Probably wouldn't be welcomed anyways.
laugh.gif

But yeah, this worries me, which is weird, because I usually don't worry about things.

i was thinkin, if the Heat manage to sign Bosh, Wade, and Bron. they have to move some dudes around.

would Beasley for Vujacic and Walton, be a gd deal and possible??

backup center (*hopes for B. Miller)
Beasley
Odom
Shannon
backup pg (*CJ Watson) maybe??

Beasley would get little to no PT and I'm pretty sure Miami wouldn't want Vujacic (or Walton)...if they're going to trade Beasley, it'll be to a team with cap space to absorb him with no salary coming back.

I say we need to move Odom. I mean i love the dude but he's MIA when it matters most. Mitch needs to work on a deal that would send Odom to the Pistons for Gordon.

http://i50.tinypic.com/23iaxdd.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>" width="923" height="348">

We get 2 big man in Wilcox and Maxiell who play solid D and can get boards. We get instant offense with Gordon, dude can put up 15 to 20 points any given night.
Plus the Pistons have been looking to trade Gordon after realize it was a bad signing.

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

I say we need to move Odom. I mean i love the dude but he's MIA when it matters most. Mitch needs to work on a deal that would send Odom to the Pistons for Gordon.

http://i50.tinypic.com/23iaxdd.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>" width="923" height="348">

We get 2 big man in Wilcox and Maxiell who play solid D and can get boards. We get instant offense with Gordon, dude can put up 15 to 20 points any given night.
Plus the Pistons have been looking to trade Gordon after realize it was a bad signing.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

The last person the Lakers need is Ben Gordon.

Back
Top Bottom