Worse betrayal: LBJ --> Miami or Favre --> Minnesota?

I have to say Favre's betrayal is worse.
- 16 seasons with the Packers

- Achieved 1st, 2nd, or 3rd during that time on most major passing records

- Two SB appearances, one win

- Most consecutive starts at any position

So right there he accomplished a lot more in GB than LeBron ever did in Cleveland. Although I do realize LeBron took Cleveland farther than they ever have before in the postseason AND is a hometown kid.

Much like LeBron, Brett CHOSE to leave Green Bay (contrary to what many think) after he was offered a chance to compete for the starting QB job with Rodgers. 

Now, in a move infinitely worse than LeBron, he is playing with the Vikings, the Packers' most hated rival of the last 20 years. 

At least LeBron was relatively straight-forward about this whole thing. There was no flip-flopping, as he kept his thoughts a secret throughout the FA process. He courted six teams to public knowledge, and made a decision clearly and in plain words. Yes, the "decision" special was a little much.

Favre's media whorishness knows no bounds. How many times has he cried on TV? How many times has he left us hanging about his retirement?

Seriously, who acts like this?

On March 4, 2008, Favre formally announced his retirement.

On July 2, 2008, it was reported that Favre was in contact with the Packers about a possible return to the team.[sup][58][/sup] On July 11, 2008, Favre sent a letter to the Packers asking for his unconditional release to allow him to play for another NFL team.

Favre formally filed for reinstatement with the NFL on July 29, 2008, and his petition was granted by Commissioner Goodell, effective August 4, 2008.

After negotiations with both the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Jets,[sup][71][/sup] the Packers traded Favre to the Jets on August 7, 2008

On February 11, 2009, Favre informed the Jets that he was retiring after 18 seasons.

On June 15, 2009, Favre stated he was considering playing again, most likely with the Minnesota Vikings. 

On July 28, Brett Favre informed Vikings officials that he would remain retired.

Favre officially signed with the Minnesota Vikings on August 18, 2009.

And you can't say it's different because LeBron is the best in his sport, because Favre is statistically the best ever at his position and undoubtedly in anyone's top 3 QBs ever. LeBron can't say the same, although he likely will rise to the same status in his respective sport.
I'm wondering what NT thinks... I was wondering through the whole LBJ decision process, "wait, wasn't Favre's betrayal worse?" IDK, just my opinion 
happy.gif

I have to say Favre's betrayal is worse.
- 16 seasons with the Packers

- Achieved 1st, 2nd, or 3rd during that time on most major passing records

- Two SB appearances, one win

- Most consecutive starts at any position

So right there he accomplished a lot more in GB than LeBron ever did in Cleveland. Although I do realize LeBron took Cleveland farther than they ever have before in the postseason AND is a hometown kid.

Much like LeBron, Brett CHOSE to leave Green Bay (contrary to what many think) after he was offered a chance to compete for the starting QB job with Rodgers. 

Now, in a move infinitely worse than LeBron, he is playing with the Vikings, the Packers' most hated rival of the last 20 years. 

At least LeBron was relatively straight-forward about this whole thing. There was no flip-flopping, as he kept his thoughts a secret throughout the FA process. He courted six teams to public knowledge, and made a decision clearly and in plain words. Yes, the "decision" special was a little much.

Favre's media whorishness knows no bounds. How many times has he cried on TV? How many times has he left us hanging about his retirement?

Seriously, who acts like this?

On March 4, 2008, Favre formally announced his retirement.

On July 2, 2008, it was reported that Favre was in contact with the Packers about a possible return to the team.[sup][58][/sup] On July 11, 2008, Favre sent a letter to the Packers asking for his unconditional release to allow him to play for another NFL team.

Favre formally filed for reinstatement with the NFL on July 29, 2008, and his petition was granted by Commissioner Goodell, effective August 4, 2008.

After negotiations with both the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Jets,[sup][71][/sup] the Packers traded Favre to the Jets on August 7, 2008

On February 11, 2009, Favre informed the Jets that he was retiring after 18 seasons.

On June 15, 2009, Favre stated he was considering playing again, most likely with the Minnesota Vikings. 

On July 28, Brett Favre informed Vikings officials that he would remain retired.

Favre officially signed with the Minnesota Vikings on August 18, 2009.

And you can't say it's different because LeBron is the best in his sport, because Favre is statistically the best ever at his position and undoubtedly in anyone's top 3 QBs ever. LeBron can't say the same, although he likely will rise to the same status in his respective sport.
I'm wondering what NT thinks... I was wondering through the whole LBJ decision process, "wait, wasn't Favre's betrayal worse?" IDK, just my opinion 
happy.gif

Hmmmm, good point. 

I would say Favre, however, he did bring them a ring, so in a sense, he could leave, Cleveland was BEGGING for a ring, and Bron didn't deliver, and then bailed with the prime of his career still ahead. 

So I still think it stays with Bron on this one. 

But I bet you just gave ESPN a great idea for a 2 hour special show to dedicate to their 2 fav athletes. 

Hmmmm, good point. 

I would say Favre, however, he did bring them a ring, so in a sense, he could leave, Cleveland was BEGGING for a ring, and Bron didn't deliver, and then bailed with the prime of his career still ahead. 

But I bet you just gave ESPN a great idea for a 2 hour special show to dedicate to their 2 fav athletes. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Hmmmm, good point. 

laugh.gif

I 10012312431% agree with my man CP
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Hmmmm, good point. 

laugh.gif

I 10012312431% agree with my man CP
pimp.gif

Favre put in 16 tough seasons with GB and played his @$@ off every game. On top of that, he gave them a Super Bowl ring. Even though he decided to move on, the fans can always be grateful that. That's why Favre actually still has fans in GB, unlike Lebron who has the entire state of Ohio against him for life.

Favre's whole retirement shtick is annoying, but that's a separate issue.

Favre put in 16 tough seasons with GB and played his @$@ off every game. On top of that, he gave them a Super Bowl ring. Even though he decided to move on, the fans can always be grateful that. That's why Favre actually still has fans in GB, unlike Lebron who has the entire state of Ohio against him for life.

Favre's whole retirement shtick is annoying, but that's a separate issue.

Neither "betrayed" their team. They gave what they could respectively and moved on. Problem was each divorce was ugly.
Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Nah.

Management wanted him out after he decided to come back. They just didn't wanna look like the bad guys since Favre was a god in Wisconsin.

Neither "betrayed" their team. They gave what they could respectively and moved on. Problem was each divorce was ugly.
Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Nah.

Management wanted him out after he decided to come back. They just didn't wanna look like the bad guys since Favre was a god in Wisconsin.

well brett was forced to retire and he did ask the packers to release him to play for another team while bron didnt

and this is coming from a guy who hates brett

well brett was forced to retire and he did ask the packers to release him to play for another team while bron didnt

and this is coming from a guy who hates brett

Not even close its Lebron...Favre did erything for Green Bay, cuz he was old they treated him like crap and he still felt like he had game left in him...he proved those clowns wrong....all his actions center around havin love for the game....cant fault Brett for that or even put it in the same leauge as what lebron did.

Again LB was a free agent. Been in OHIO all his life. Why not go play with his bf and win at the same time.
Cavs and heat aren't rivals.

Again LB was a free agent. Been in OHIO all his life. Why not go play with his bf and win at the same time.
Cavs and heat aren't rivals.

Not even close its Lebron...Favre did erything for Green Bay, cuz he was old they treated him like crap and he still felt like he had game left in him...he proved those clowns wrong....all his actions center around havin love for the game....cant fault Brett for that or even put it in the same leauge as what lebron did.

Clemens leaving Boston was much worse. Leaves for a team in the same division (and then winds up at the Evil Empire) with no remorse.

Clemens leaving Boston was much worse. Leaves for a team in the same division (and then winds up at the Evil Empire) with no remorse.

Lebron left his hometown and never came through with a championship which he promised. Brett delivered one and he was forced out. Easily Lebron.

Back
Top Bottom