Would Michael Jordan average 20+ in the NBDL RIGHT NOW?

^ Yes, it's a physical game. Defensively, he will be a liability, but taking shots, i guess he can. Though, i never watched any NBDL game, i might bewrong.

Originally Posted by Vsano

Originally Posted by JD617

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Playing H-O-R-S-E and hitting a few fadeaways at a Bobcats practice don't involve running up and down the court for 30-40 minutes a night.

You guys are delusional.
Why not? At least, he still have that touch plus professional experience w/c lasted for almost 2 decades. Unless, all the players will just be ball hogging every now & then w/ out any team play, then he might just end up scoring a max. of 8 -12 pts. a game, if that's the case.
No. He is getting RAN off that court.

^ Yes, it's a physical game. Defensively, he will be a liability, but taking shots, i guess he can. Though, i never watched any NBDL game, i might be wrong.

I feel like I'm telling a little kid that Santa Claus doesn't exist.

MJ was between the ages of 38 and 40 when he played for the Wizards. His knee gave out on him, ending his first season. He struggled mightily with both kneesthroughout his entire time in D.C., and needed multiple procedures to drain fluid from his knees just to be able to take the court.

This was SEVEN YEARS AGO. He is 46 years old, and turning 47 next month.

If his age isn't enough of a reason for you, by all accounts he has done little more than party, gamble, golf, and chain smoke cigars since his third andfinal retirement.

It DOES NOT MATTER what the level of competition is. NBA, NBDL, NCAA, professional leagues overseas, whatever. It is not physically possible for MJ to playenough minutes over the course of a full basketball season to average 20 points a game at any level, unless they give him a motorized scooter to drive aroundon when he gets tired or sore. Period, end of story.

I know he can still shoot. I know he can still play Horse. I know he can still rain jumpers on the kids at his camp in games of one on one, and even drive pastsomebody for the occasional dunk. But there's no way he can play in an actual league and stay healthy enough to compete.

Father Time comes for all of us at some point. It's ok. He's still the greatest ever.

Originally Posted by JD617

^ Yes, it's a physical game. Defensively, he will be a liability, but taking shots, i guess he can. Though, i never watched any NBDL game, i might be wrong.

I feel like I'm telling a little kid that Santa Claus doesn't exist.

MJ was between the ages of 38 and 40 when he played for the Wizards. His knee gave out on him, ending his first season. He struggled mightily with both knees throughout his entire time in D.C., and needed multiple procedures to drain fluid from his knees just to be able to take the court.

This was SEVEN YEARS AGO. He is 46 years old, and turning 47 next month.

If his age isn't enough of a reason for you, by all accounts he has done little more than party, gamble, golf, and chain smoke cigars since his third and final retirement.

It DOES NOT MATTER what the level of competition is. NBA, NBDL, NCAA, professional leagues overseas, whatever. It is not physically possible for MJ to play enough minutes over the course of a full basketball season to average 20 points a game at any level, unless they give him a motorized scooter to drive around on when he gets tired or sore. Period, end of story.

I know he can still shoot. I know he can still play Horse. I know he can still rain jumpers on the kids at his camp in games of one on one, and even drive past somebody for the occasional dunk. But there's no way he can play in an actual league and stay healthy enough to compete.

Father Time comes for all of us at some point. It's ok. He's still the greatest ever.
Thank you so much JD617 at least someone understands how ridiculous this question is

Good thing Jordan isn't a Niketalker, cuz he'd be signing up for the NBA in a minute if he heard this blasphemy.
laugh.gif

He's way too out of shape to average 20. The players may not be great in comparison to NBA athletes, but they're still good basketball playersrelative to a 46 (going on 47) year old dude. I love MJ, but there's just no way he could average that starting now. I think he could if heconditioned/practiced for a while...maybe.

Originally Posted by Juice2352

He's way too out of shape to average 20. The players may not be great in comparison to NBA athletes, but they're still good basketball players relative to a 46 (going on 47) year old dude. I love MJ, but there's just no way he could average that starting now. I think he could if he conditioned/practiced for a while...maybe.

Exactly..the NBDL while they are considered "scrubs" they are still among the top 800 basketball players in the whole world in their prime.

HueyP in LouieV wrote:

laugh.gif
Dudes really think Mike is an Olympian God.

Did you forget the way he shamefully bowed out of the game (7 years ago!)?

michael_jordan_wizards.jpg
11qsdpt.jpg

He's almost 50.

I don't think he could even make it through half of an NBDL season at full intensity. Much less play a full season and average over 20.

Them hungry young boys would eat his food nightly and his body would break down just like every other human being his age.

30for30%20AliHolmes%20dotcom_Quantel%20HD.jpg

shamefully bowed out?

he was still the greatest 40 year old to ever play

by the time any super star reaches 36,37,38 they are done

he dropped 40 at age 40

he even dropped 50 points during that comeback
eek.gif

i mean come on do i have to pull up the stats for those two years
grin.gif

he averaged 20 points for two seasons

that'll never be done again in this type of era

its just that his legend is so great that anything less than leading the league in scoring and winning a championship would be a disappointment

he was head and shoulders above any superstar you can think of playing at that age

if he conditioned then yeah, i mean pippen played overseas at age 42-43
and pissed overseas and remember he was going to work at age 40...have
you seen a 40 year old still man handle youngsters and have a record breaking season
the way he did? NOPE

Originally Posted by BIG SIPPIN SPENDIN CHEESE

HueyP in LouieV wrote:

laugh.gif
Dudes really think Mike is an Olympian God.

Did you forget the way he shamefully bowed out of the game (7 years ago!)?

michael_jordan_wizards.jpg
11qsdpt.jpg

He's almost 50.

I don't think he could even make it through half of an NBDL season at full intensity. Much less play a full season and average over 20.

Them hungry young boys would eat his food nightly and his body would break down just like every other human being his age.

30for30%20AliHolmes%20dotcom_Quantel%20HD.jpg

shamefully bowed out?

he was still the greatest 40 year old to ever play

by the time any super star reaches 36,37,38 they are done

he dropped 40 at age 40

he even dropped 50 points during that comeback
eek.gif

i mean come on do i have to pull up the stats for those two years
grin.gif

he averaged 20 points for two seasons

that'll never be done again in this type of era

its just that his legend is so great that anything less than leading the league in scoring and winning a championship would be a disappointment

he was head and shoulders above any superstar you can think of playing at that age

kareem_abdul_jabbar_skyhook.jpg

# On November 30, 2003, while playing with the Lakers, Malone became the oldest NBA player ever to post a triple-double (at age 40). He totaled 10 points, 11rebounds, and 10 assists in just 26 minutes against the San Antonio Spurs.
# With his 30-point, 13-rebound performance April 25, 2004 at Houston, Karl Malone became the oldest player in playoff history to score 30-plus points in agame and only the second player over 40 to tally 30-plus points in a postseason contest, the other being Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

pimp.gif

jordan tried to be superstar for his team and failed. kareem and malone were both starters, but role players on their teams.

thing with jordan, he could never be just a role player. sure he could still score alot of points, but that was more of a detriment to his team. theyweren't that good of a team anyways, but him playing the way he did at that age did not help.

and i doubt jordan would avg 20 in the nbdl cuz those players are trying to make it to the league or some sort of next level. they'd resent jordan for evenplaying with them and taking up a roster spot, minutes, etc.

Back
Top Bottom